Hello! I need help identifying the guitar Jean-Ken Johnny of Man With a Mission plays during 'database feat. TAKUMA(10-FEET)'. I can see that it is a 3-colour sunburst Fat-Strat, most probably a Yamaha Pacifica. The quality of the shots where the guitar is present during the song is not good enough to be able to tell whether the top is flamed or not, but it is definitely not quilted or figured. The thing that completely throws me off is the reflective pickguard (probably aftermarket). Most probably, the exact model has been discontinued, or it is heavily customised. However, I would still like to know the base model, and its current equivalent if one exists. The only current model that somewhat closely resembles it is the Yamaha Pacifica 112V (these are fairly inexpensive guitars so I am fairly skeptical whether Jean-Ken actually used one for a video). He DOES however use the RGX A2 predominantly, which is another thing that confuses me. I mean, the song was probably recorded using one instead of whatever the video is of, but still.

The best shot of the full guitar is around 2:08 or 2:24 in the video link below. I Googled Jean-Ken Johnny's equipment, or the band's, but to no avail.

Lastly, here is the video link.
The above post is in terms of 'YMMV' and 'IMO', etc...

Quote by Offworld92
This debate is exhausting to read.
The guitar world is drowned in fairy dust.
We need to start at the very beginning. What is tone.
Yep, you nailed it dude. Thanks. It is a 3 - colour Tobacco Sunburst 812W, huh? What would be the current equivalent in their line? I can find out myself if I get the price it sold for brand new when it was still in production. I suspect it is the 510 or 611 V.

Quote by Offworld92
I don't really see anything in their current line up. Seems they have significantly reduced the models. At least for US offerings.
Yeah, there are no more true “high - end" Yamaha Pacificas anymore, largely due to the fact that most people saw them as “affordable"guitars straight from the start (even though some do not even sound half bad). And I am in an even worse position, I am all the way Down Under (Oz/straya).

Quote by Offworld92
Quote by 2Crosser
Yeah, there are no more true “high - end" Yamaha Pacificas anymore, largely due to the fact that most people saw them as “affordable"guitars straight from the start (even though some do not even sound half bad). And I am in an even worse position, I am all the way Down Under (Oz/straya).

will you fawking aussies quit yer fawking bitching?

ffs there are plenty of quality yamahas just up the drink from you in japan.

www.rinkya.com, www.jauce.com, buyee, fromjapan, etc etc fawking etc....

burny's, grecos, tokais, orvilles, yamahas...

get with the times.

grow some balls and get in on it but for the love of christ quit crying about "oh i live in straya, i can't get no geetars".

it's old, and it's over. now wake the fawk up.

*this post contains elements of sarcasm in an elixir with a grumpy old man that's so tired of aussies crying foul when they pay half the shipping costs from japan that i do.
I wondered why the frisbee was getting bigger, then it hit me.
I am sorry, Ultimate What? XD

Nah man, thanks for them links. Even though, I was not looking at buying the guitar, I was just curious about what the guitar actually was. But now, thanks to you, I AM looking at new shineys XD

*sorry for any inconvenience caused

Quote by Offworld92
no worries.

it's just funny because on another forum the aussies laugh at us seppos because of the same thing only reversed.

then again, most people in the US think anything made in the US is somehow inherently better than anything made anywhere else.

right, wrong, or refrigerator that just it is what it is.

but the truth is, aussies don't have it as bad as you think.
“Right, wrong, or refrigerator... " That is going into my sig, you know that, right? GLORIOUS

Quote by Offworld92
that's no auto correct or typo. that's all me.