Hello UG!

I love my mij KV-3. I especially love the neck. Today I found 2 more used Jackson deals. Which one would you prefer?

One is a KE-2 crimson swirl 200€ w/o pups or 300€ with EMG 81/85.

The other one is a DK-2 eerie dess swirl with Duncan designed pups for 375€.

Are those guitars of equal quality? Are both MiJ?

Thank you for your time!
Well, a real KE2 is a couple grand new - I'd say the first one is not a KE2. Maybe a KE3?

DK2s are MIJ.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400 with Gotoh GE1996T (EMG 85/60)
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
A KE-2 for only 200? That can't be correct. Are you sure it's not a KE-3?

Both the KE-3 and DK-2 are fantastic guitars. I've had both. Both are MIJ, so you can't go wrong. Personally, I prefer the body shape of the KE, so I'd go with that. I'd suggest Seymour Duncan Blackouts over any EMG combo, but that's just my taste.
Yep it's a KE-3 it was a mistype

@BlackDeath92: What was your opinion on the floating trems on those guitars? Usable with a good setup or something to replace asap? I really like the Kelly shape as well... However I have 3 HH guitars already so may be I'll go for versatility and get the DK-2. Still undecided...
Quote by Deledhel
Yep it's a KE-3 it was a mistype

@BlackDeath92: What was your opinion on the floating trems on those guitars? Usable with a good setup or something to replace asap? I really like the Kelly shape as well... However I have 3 HH guitars already so may be I'll go for versatility and get the DK-2. Still undecided...

The reason I got rid of them is because of the floating trems. I HATE floating trems of all types, so I'm probably the worst person to ask.

That being said, I did not have any tuning problems once I set them up (which is more trouble than it's worth to me since I change tunings frequently). Then again, I did not use the trem bar too often.

As for versatility, slap a Seymour Duncan SH-4 in the bridge and a SH-2 in the neck, and you have yourself a very versatile setup. On my Blackstar HT-5/Mesa 2X12, I got excellent cleans and really crunchy metal tones and everything in between. The only reason I got rid of my KE3 and DK2 was because I can't stand trems. I replaced them with Jacksons that were string-through
I would personally get the Kelly, but that's because I'm a sucker for Explorer-style guitars.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400 with Gotoh GE1996T (EMG 85/60)
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
As a Dk2 owner for now 4 years, I can tell you they are great guitar, there is just The DD pickups that you might want to swap. The KE3 is a good guitar too and for this price I'd jump on it. If you like EMG, take the one with pickups, if you don't, you have plenty of option as you are living in England, so bareknuckles and small manifacturers unique pickups are availble for way cheaper than in Americas
Jackson DK2FS
Fernandes FR-65

Morley pro series pedal
BBE two time Delay
Empress Nebulus
Subdecay Quantum Quasar
Solid Gold FX Nitro

Blackstar HT stage 100
Marshal 1922 2x12 (V-30, Greenback)