Page 1 of 7
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-28948946

Quote by BBC News
A nine year-old girl in the US has killed her shooting instructor by accident while being shown how to use a high-powered submachine gun.

The instructor was giving the girl a lesson at a shooting range in Arizona when the recoil from the automatic fire caused her to lose control of the Uzi.

Charles Vacca, 39, was shot in the head and died after being airlifted to a hospital in Las Vegas.

The girl was at the shooting range with her parents, who filmed the lesson.

A terrible tragedy for all involved, but can someone please explain to me why a 9 year old was being shown how to use a submachine gun?
Quote by GLP_Arclite
Pooping is well good though, to be fair.

I've got a handle on the fiction.

I'm losing my grip, 'cos I'm losing my fingers.
Because you don't need a gun license (foid card permit whatever) if you're nine to shoot a firearm.

Then again Idk how these shooting ranges work at all if the person shooting doesn't own a gun themselves.

How horrifying this must be for that little girl.
Last edited by stratkat at Aug 27, 2014,
Quote by metacarpi

A terrible tragedy for all involved, but can someone please explain to me why a 9 year old was being shown how to use a submachine gun?

Because 'murca!
Wow

That's just incredibly stupid. Why did they have it on full ****ing auto Fire
ayy lmao
Isn't the Civilian Variant UZI locked to Semi-Auto fire mode anyway? Meaning that the gun used would be an illegal variant?

I'm not the most knowledgeable on guns. 'Cause UK.
>how powered
>uzi 9mm

Oh jeez..

anyways, completely the instructors fault, giving her a fully automatic gun, shoulda kept it on semi.
Quote by chookiecookie
Wow

why did they let a 9 year old girl fire a deadly weapon
Christ, that's sad.

And this must be horrible for the girl. She's old enough to realise what happened, but I can only imagine the impact this has on her at such a young age. Off course the responsibility for this lies with the adults and not the girl, but I guess accidents are bound to happen when you're playing with dangerous toys, no matter how careful you try to be.
Quote by Luke-LikeICare
Isn't the Civilian Variant UZI locked to Semi-Auto fire mode anyway? Meaning that the gun used would be an illegal variant?

It was in Nevada (Las Vegas) where fully automatic weapons are allowed.
Quote by Luke-LikeICare

Not always

There are legal ways to obtain full auto firearms, and some ranges allow for test fire of them just cuz.

Kind of stupid though. Seems the instructor had no concern for anyone's safety there.
Quote by So-Cal
why did they let a 9 year old girl fire a deadly weapon

It's hardly uncommon to learn firearm safety/training at an early age
ayy lmao
Last edited by chookiecookie at Aug 27, 2014,
Quote by JackalUK
It was in Nevada (Las Vegas) where fully automatic weapons are allowed.

Oh. Well that explains it.

Giving a 9 year old a fully automatic weapon is just asking for trouble...
Quote by metacarpi
can someone please explain to me why a 9 year old was being shown how to use a submachine gun?

>merica
Quote by ehbacon
I have an idea! Lets give children loaded grenades in case they're in danger. What could possibly go wrong!?!

They could leave them lying around the house and someone could trip and break something.
Quote by chookiecookie
Wow

Well they already taught her how to use the single fire by letting her shoot once.
dirtbag ballet by the bins down the alley
as i walk through the chalet of the shadow of death
everything that you've come to expect

Quote by chookiecookie

only in 'merica
Did he drop any good items?
Quote by lambofgod127
btw im in hs and im almost 18 so if u do think she was flirting with me dont say that its wrong im almost a grown man.

༼ ▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ ༽ WE ARE ROB ༼ ▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ ༽
Quote by chookiecookie

Safety. LOL.
She's bantered him off there

Quote by aximond
>how powered
>uzi 9mm

Oh jeez..

Getting right to the heart of the matter
why did the parents upload the video to the interent? Nice false flag Obama you're gonna have to try harder next time
Quote by So-Cal
360 no scope

didn't even silent shot?

What a noob
___

Quote by The_Blode
she was saying things like... do you want to netflix and chill but just the chill part...too bad she'll never know that I only like the Netflix part...
Updating my info, it was Arizona not Nevada. They also have no restrictions on fully automatic weapons.
Quote by So-Cal
only in 'merica

gotta defend against dem terrorists
dirtbag ballet by the bins down the alley
as i walk through the chalet of the shadow of death
everything that you've come to expect

Quote by Jehannum
Safety. LOL.

he clearly failed on that part, but it's definitely a good idea to familiarize yourself with firearm safety, in case you ever end up with one purposely or not. Canada has a mandatory safety course you have to take before you can purchase any fire arms, there's a written exam and hands on part (although there's no live ammunition).

Quote by raoooos

Getting right to the heart of the matter

the point was this is the type of thing anti gun people have wet dreams over, you can already see the mis-use of language/scare tactics.
Last edited by aximond at Aug 27, 2014,
All my thoughts have already been said by others in here

9 year old with full auto uzi = Stupid
Instructor's fault
Poor little girl
Poor instructor's family, no matter how stupid he was

Oh, and of COURSE BBC jerks off to an American gun related story. Big surprise there.
Quote by ultimate-slash
Christ, that's sad.

And this must be horrible for the girl. She's old enough to realise what happened, but I can only imagine the impact this has on her at such a young age. Off course the responsibility for this lies with the adults and not the girl, but I guess accidents are bound to happen when you're playing with dangerous toys, no matter how careful you try to be.

No, accidents aren't bound to happen unless the people "playing with dangerous toys" are treating them like "toys" instead of potentially dangerous tools.
I'm all for kids learning how to use low powered rifles/pistols if being taught safely by a professional. But come on why would anyone let a child even attempt to use a full auto weapon?
Quote by slash_GNR666
Did he drop any good items?

Oh God. I near snorted my cola through my nostrils.

Pretty tragic story. Hopefully serve as a lesson for people to exercise more caution before giving a child a full auto with live rounds.
On playing the Paul Gilbert signature at the guitar store extensively, my missus sighed:
"Put it down now, It's like you love that guitar more than me!"
In Which I replied.
"Well it has got two F-Holes!"
Kid with a fully auto UZI, Terrible news. Well, lesson learned don't give children fully auto weapons (we already knew that). It's mainly Instructor's fault as I see it.
Guitars:
ESP LTD EX 50 with Dimarzios
Modified MIM Fender strat with schaller floyd rose
LTD EC-1000 with EMG's
2x LTD EC 401

Amps:
Marshall JVM205h
Fender Mustang II

Other bits and pieces:
D'addario strings
TC electronic g-major 2
Quote by Weaponized
why did the parents upload the video to the interent? Nice false flag Obama you're gonna have to try harder next time

I think the police released it, that's why it cuts off before he gets shoot in the head
Why didn't they just let her shoot a .22? That's still a real gun and pretty dangerous but a rifle seems a little easier to control. I think I shot a .22 when I wasn't much older than that kid.

get ready for all the second amendment rants
Quote by Fat Lard
Why would you spend tens of thousands of dollars to learn about a language you already speak? It was over before it even started dude

Quote by captainsnazz
brot pls
Y'know, I'm sure this girl has other talents that her folks could've fostered elsewhere that doesn't involve live ammunition. Most kids are still developing hand-eye coordination skills and are prone to panic. Hopefully her folks got a life lesson out of this ordeal: don't be so eager to push firearms on children, no matter who you trust as an instructor. You are quite literally dealing with small humans whose brains are still being developed. Eat that pride, and remember, guns don't kill people. lol.
В словах есть что-то неприличное.