Hi Guys,

Me and 3 mates started a band a while back and now have some gigs lined up. The venues were at are telling us we need public liability insuirance.

Can anyone recommend a good/cheap place to get it from in the UK?
cheers,
ant
I can't give any specific help but just be careful if it's too cheap that, in the small print, you're not actually covered as well. There's no point in having cheap insurance if it doesn't cover what you think it does (and if it doesn't cover exactly what you need).

That's not to say that you don't need to read the fine print very carefully with expensive insurance, too, of course.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
I'm willing to bet the venues have someone they can recommend.

You should ask them specifically how much coverage they require, as well.
Quote by HotspurJr
I'm willing to bet the venues have someone they can recommend.

You should ask them specifically how much coverage they require, as well.

And be sure to add the ins. cost to your performance fees to play there. Normally this is handled by the venue.
"Your sound is in your hands as much as anything. It's the way you pick, and the way you hold the guitar, more than it is the amp or the guitar you use." -- Stevie Ray Vaughan

"Anybody can play. The note is only 20 percent. The attitude of the motherfucker who plays it is 80 percent." -- Miles Davis

Guthrie on tone: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zmohdG9lLqY
I have heard a number of times recently about venues wanting the band to have insurance - so basically, if an audience member trips over a guitar case and smashes through a window, the band's insurance pays, not the venue's. Then the band's insurance company sues the venue's because they purport the venue sold the audience member too many drinks ... The only people making more money will be the insurance companies!

But its happening. Here in the USA, you can get this insurance easily if you are a member of the local musician union.
My reverbnation page

2012 Taylor 310ce
2011 Fender CD140SCE
Ibanez 12 string a/e
73 Epi 6830E
72 Fender Telecaster
Epi Dot Studio
Epi LP Jr
Chinese Strat clone
Washburn Mandolin
Luna 'tatoo' a/e uke
antique banjolin
Squire J bass
^ I think it might but it might be safer to have extra coverage as well.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?