Page 1 of 3
So my PS3 is proper ****ed. Prolly the cooling liquid and the BD reader. There's some power issues as well.

And now I want to buy another console, and I'm not sure which one to get between the PS3 and PS4.

See for $100 less than the PS4 I could get a PS3 slim, 500GB with two more games. And I already have a couple of PS3 games so I'm set fo dis shit.

Or I could get the newer one, the one that'll probably have all the cool new games and shit, but without any games (and if I want any then it'll cost $200 more than the PS3).

I don't really have a lot to spend. I'm worried that I'll want to upgrade in a year and will get buyer's remorse (since c'mon, I'm not gonna spend $1000 on game consoles within the same two-year span) and will be stuck with the PS3.

But I also really wanna play the games I already have and I don't want to rebuy them.

Since most of you here have always given me good advice I wanna know what y'all think.

It's a crappy decision either way since this is a ****ing gaming system, SUCH a huge waste of time either way I choose, and I feel immature for feeling this way but i wannaaaaa
king of bad decisions here

smash the ps3

buy nothing
i don't know why i feel so dry
PS3

There's really not anything out there yet that's making me want to buy next gen anytime soon. Most of the bigger games being released this year (Destiny, The Evil Within, Far Cry 4, DA: Inqusition) are still going to be on old gen and i mean Destiny alone is enough to hold me over probably for the next half year or more.

Only two games i can think of that are exclusively next gen for the rest of this year are the new Assassins creed (which will probably be shit) and Laura Croft. No point in wasting extra money on a console that you'll have maybe have like 5 - 8 games for when you could buy another PS3 that can play all the new games plus all the old ones you still have.
Sail upon the open skies
Nintendo 64
Quote by Todd Hart
Shooting your friends with a real gun is a definite faux pas.

Quote by mystical_1
Professor Plum in the Studio with a new Amp

Quote by snipelfritz
If only I were the only one at home right now. I don't need my parents asking who Mr. Wiggles is.
You could always get a ps3 second hand for like fifty bucks and wait a few years for a ps4 when more games have come out.
Quote by Eastwinn
king of bad decisions here

smash the ps3

buy nothing

Right? I should just bat it for catharsis and move on to being a free, productive human being not permanently tied to a machine (hello internet).

But the thought of coming home from work to completely turn off my brain is so, so appealing.

Quote by Ssargentslayer
Just get the ps4 whateverrrr. You'll regret it in the long run if you dont.

Yeah I'm considering this.

I mean, my PS2 cost quite a bit when it came out and I don't regret moving on. I'm not sure if the PS3 will stop getting its own releases the same way the PS2 just sorta stopped existing, though.

I just don't know anymore.
Seeing some good arguments here. Angus you're being pretty convincing right there haha.

Quote by Weaponized
wtf dude I could get a ps3 for $100 USD

It's brand new, comes with The Last Of Us and Gran Turismo 6, costs $300 USD. I ain't gonna get no second hand one that'll break in like a month. I trust Sony more than gamers, no offense.

^ I'd love to except no XBox for me I just don't like it, never could get used to it. But I will get GTA V first thing, no matter which console I get
Last edited by ali.guitarkid7 at Aug 27, 2014,
Quote by crazysam23_Atax
lol, consoles.

PC Master Race, bitches!

Bitch please, your fiance likes consoles.
2013 #5 Uger
2012 #7 Uger

Quote by jetfuel495
Jesus, Horsedick, you are my hero

Quote by JayT44
don't worry guys his girlfriend is black, she said it was okay for him to say that.

Stalk Me

Shitty Covers

Original Music

Lastfm
I'm really tempted to get an Xbox One so I can play Diablo 3, but I probably shouldn't because consoles are like $500 and I only want to play one game and I know I would lose interests in it eventually.
Some see the glass half full, others see the glass half empty. Me? I see that the glass is refillable.
If you really need to game, play PC games to fill the void. As far as money and being "smart", definitely buy the PS4.
Quote by Horsedick.MPEG
Bitch please, your fiance likes consoles.

Wait...what?

She doesn't even game. The closest she gets to gaming is waiting for me to save a game, because she didn't text me when she was coming over.

YOUR JOKE DOESN'T WORK! HA!
you don't need a gaming system bro

...modes and scales are still useless.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b
Voted for Patron Çıldırdı.

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
Quote by Horsedick.MPEG
It's kind of too early to buy a PS4 because it has no gaemz

Buying a PS4 now just so you can play Bloodborne when it comes out next year is perfectly fine.
More than fine, even.
I'd do it.
Quote by institutions
Buying a PS4 now just so you can play Bloodborne when it comes out next year is perfectly fine.
More than fine, even.
I'd do it.

Of course you'd do it. You're inst.
Quote by Xiaoxi
you don't need a gaming system bro

Too late

Okay, I ordered a brand new PS3 slim with Gran Turismo 6, The Last Of Us, Red Dead Redemption and GTA V.

I just KNOW I'm gonna regret this. I've spent about 20 hours playing video games in the past 3 years, but I wanna get revenge at my broke ass childhood where I couldn't get any of this stuff.
I have a PS4, so you should get one of those. Although, I don't have it for most of the year. But still.
Quote by crazysam23_Atax
Of course you'd do it. You're inst.

Sam pls, you don't know me

For reals tho Bloodborne GOTY 2015. It's a real system seller.
Quote by ali.guitarkid7
Okay, I ordered a brand new PS3 slim with Gran Turismo 6, The Last Of Us, Red Dead Redemption and GTA V.

Haven't played GT6, but I've liked others in the series. And those other 3 games are soooo good
___

Quote by The_Blode
she was saying things like... do you want to netflix and chill but just the chill part...too bad she'll never know that I only like the Netflix part...
Quote by Thrashtastic15
Buy a console*

Yeah... which is why I propose he buy the worst console on the market right now.
Quote by azrael667
Yeah... which is why I propose he buy the worst console on the market right now.

worst console is like deciding between the most inbred person from alabama. give it a rest.
Quote by WCPhils
Haven't played GT6, but I've liked others in the series. And those other 3 games are soooo good

I played the 5th one and hated it haha, because I disliked any racing game that wasn't Need for Speed: Most Wanted. But Red Dead is too good. And the other three, yeah, I've heard.

Can't wait. Don't even know how long delivery will take.
Quote by ali.guitarkid7

I just KNOW I'm gonna regret this. I've spent about 20 hours playing video games in the past 3 years, but I wanna get revenge at my broke ass childhood where I couldn't get any of this stuff.

I see that GT6 is in the lineup...

ditch the other games and get this:

http://www.amazon.com/Logitech-941-000045-G27-Racing-Wheel/dp/B001NT9TK4

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
Quote by Thrashtastic15
worst console is like deciding between the most inbred person from alabama. give it a rest.

Nintendo consoles are worth it IMO.
Quote by institutions
Sam pls, you don't know me

For reals tho Bloodborne GOTY 2015. It's a real system seller.

I know about you, and that's all that matters.

But really, build a gaming PC, Ali. Come on!
Quote by ali.guitarkid7
I refuse to build anything that doesn't come in a box marked "For ages 6 - 12"

Fine, enjoy your inferior "gaming systems".

Dork.
The G27 looks awesome. Force feedback, 6 speed gearbox, clutch...

Definitely gonna get this in the not-too-distant future.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Quote by sam b

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
Quote by ali.guitarkid7
I refuse to build anything that doesn't come in a box marked "For ages 6 - 12"

i built my computer myself and im an idiot.

then again i looked in the other day and found a plastic thing that said "remove before use". i think "remove 2 years after use" was a tiny bit off.
Quote by institutions
More than fine, even.
I'd do it.

Sorry, I don't play casual games. Real hardcore gamers play Harvest Moon.
2013 #5 Uger
2012 #7 Uger

Quote by jetfuel495
Jesus, Horsedick, you are my hero

Quote by JayT44
don't worry guys his girlfriend is black, she said it was okay for him to say that.

Stalk Me

Shitty Covers

Original Music

Lastfm
Page 1 of 3