what guitarists influenced you the most who did you always look up to and made you the guitarist you are today

my greatest influence is zakk wylde because he made me pick up the guitar
ive always looked up to steve vai as well because hes so technical
I'm not really sure I ever had any, if that's possible.
Quote by SGstriker
If KFC is finger-licking good, then people would probably suck dicks for Popeyes. That's how good it is.

There's nothing left here to be saved
Just barreling dogs and barking trains
Another year lost to the blue line
wow what a good question i don't think question has been asked on ultimate-guitar.com before
Aphex Twin
ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ raise your dongers ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ
The Smashing Pumpkins of course.
Quote by lolmnt
I love to have my vag pounded by guys who make lame threads on the internet!

Quote by snipelfritz
This thread topic is gold. I've been on this website for 8 years and I've never come up with anything like this. So yeah. Great job TS[457undead].
SRV, Chet Atkins, Doc Watson, Bill Monroe, Doug Auldrich, Elmore James... Basically anyone I was raised listening to who played a guitar.
--

How do you say "I'm okay" to an answering machine?

--
I just thought it looked fun n cool
bawitaba a bang a bang diggy diggy diggy sed the boogie sed up jump the boogie
Well I could play the piano before I played the guitar and I thought "If The Beatles can play so good without even reading music then I should be able to. I have the fact that I can read music in my favor." So I bought a terrible cheap guitar at Hastings and never looked back.
"Being honest may not get you a lot of friends, but it'll always get you the right ones."
Johann Sebastian of the House Bach, first of his name, king of the first men, father of counterpoint, slayer of homophony, breaker of (musical) chains.

...modes and scales are still useless.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b
Voted for Patron Çıldırdı.

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
Last edited by Xiaoxi at Aug 27, 2014,
Well, I've always been fond of Slash (lol typical) and Paul Gilbert.
Skip the username, call me Billy
crowbar, hatebreed, strapping young lad

i am not influenced by the music by i am influenced by how pissed they are
There's no such thing; there never was. Where I am going you cannot follow me now.
Guitarists? Nah, I was influenced by Hindemith and Schoenberg more than anything.
Join the 7 String Legion!

Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn.

Messiaen is Magical

Official Approval
This message has been approved by:

Mister A.J.
Head of the Department of Redundancy Department
Mister A.J.
Rise Against was the reason I picked up guitar but guitarists that influence my playing are Joe Satriani, Paul Gilbert, a little of Jimi Hendrix, and Mark Tremonti. I can't play any of their songs though lol.
Black Night by Deep purple made me pick up bass, I started playing guitar because of Frank Zappa.

Quote by Mister A.J.
Guitarists? Nah, I was influenced by Hindemith and Schoenberg more than anything.

Currently Influencing me.
A poem.
Quote by yoman297
no girl, movember isnt for you. shave your stache pls

I can out-bore you any day
Last edited by Pastafarian96 at Aug 28, 2014,
Rise Against inspired me to pick up a guitar. They influence me still but now so do a lot of other bands such as Jimi Hendrix, Parkway Drive, and Ice Nine Kills.
Wayne's World! Party Time! Excellent!
Party on Wayne. Party on Garth

Schecter Platinum C-1 Floyd Rose

Quote by Lord_Doku
Friendship and masturbation go a long way towards happiness. Until you have sex, then it's friendship and sex. And an empty wallet.
Quote by 457undead
The Smashing Pumpkins of course.

Well yeah and also Brian May, Satriani, NIN, Tom Morello, Jerry Cantrell, Iron Maiden...

I've always wanted a set of Jay Seeney signature sunglasses though.
Last edited by Jyrgen at Aug 28, 2014,
When I started it were John Petrucci, Eric Clapton, Angus Young and Slash (oh wow, is that how you came up with your username?! No way!). I do still like Petrucci, though I rarely listen to his stuff, Clapton is the only one I actually still listen to on occasion, haven't listened to AC/DC in years (they're still cool I guess) and I really don't like Slash anymore. I've been exposed to so many different kinds of music since I started playing and I think everything I listen to now is a constant inspiration.
Tiger got to hunt, bird got to fly; man got to sit and wonder, 'Why, why, why?'
Tiger got to sleep, bird got to land; man got to tell himself he understand.

Well my two biggest influences are Jerry Cantrell from Alice in Chains and Jimi Hendrix. But over the years I've been influenced by the likes of Jimmy Page, Johnny Winter, Buddy Guy, Zakk Wylde, Randy Rhodes, John Petrucci, Dimebag, Kim Thayil, Angus Young, Jeff Buckley, BB King, James Hetfield, and many others.
Well yeah, that goes without saying.
Her technique is just amazing. Those wrist movements, wow! And her speed is incredible. What would take a normal person at least a good 2 - 3 minutes takes her 12 seconds, tops.
Tiger got to hunt, bird got to fly; man got to sit and wonder, 'Why, why, why?'
Tiger got to sleep, bird got to land; man got to tell himself he understand.

Quote by ultimate-slash
Well yeah, that goes without saying.
Her technique is just amazing. Those wrist movements, wow! And her speed is incredible. What would take a normal person at least a good 2 - 3 minutes takes her 12 seconds, tops.

She's hotter than oedipus_pepper's mum, that's for sure.
Quote by Diemon Dave
Don't go ninjerin nobody don't need ninjerin'
Thurston Moore and Lou Reed really boosted my interest in wanting to play guitar in the beginning.
tom delnoge xD

longing rusted furnace daybreak seventeen benign nine homecoming one freight car