So I just heard, after paying of €6000 in debt and thinking I was finally free of any debts, that I have to pay another €4000 starting next month.

This all because my deadbeat dad refuses to give me any letter from any debt collection agency that has my name on it.
I work all day, so I can't get them myself, and I only hear about it when they contact my boss to tell him they will claim my paycheck for the most part.

Anyone else here having experience with this shit?
Maybe someone can give me some advice on the matter? I really don't know what to do anymore. and who knows what else is still coming....
I feel like crying, or punching walls, or whatever. but I'm at work and everone would think I've gone mad
My Soundcloud

My beginner rig:

Epiphone Goth G-400 SG
Line 6 Spider IV (Don't judge me, I was young and stupid)
Stagg SW203N
Yamaha APX500
Last edited by BjarnedeGraaf at Aug 28, 2014,
So does your dad just throw away your letters or something? And I'm assuming they're college debts? How long has it been since you've finished college?

But really, that sucks man!
Tiger got to hunt, bird got to fly; man got to sit and wonder, 'Why, why, why?'
Tiger got to sleep, bird got to land; man got to tell himself he understand.

Not sure where you live, but you're obviously an adult to accumulate such debts, so surely your dad is breaking the law by throwing your mail away/preventing you from getting it?
Hey, look. Sigs are back.
Quote by ultimate-slash
So does your dad just throw away your letters or something? And I'm assuming they're college debts? How long has it been since you've finished college?

But really, that sucks man!

My dad keeps them in a safe I don't know the combination of.
He promised me and my sister that he would pay our health until we were 18.
Turns out he didn't pay for the last year or so, leaving me (and presumably my sister) with this shit

I've had some college debts but that was the 6000 I finish paying this week

Quote by DisarmGoliath
Not sure where you live, but you're obviously an adult to accumulate such debts, so surely your dad is breaking the law by throwing your mail away/preventing you from getting it?

My dad completely leaves me in the dark. saying "I'll handle it" while really, he can't handle it, because he has no money.
I'm lucky those debt collectors called me at work so I could work out an arrangement. but still it's 8 months of paying them €500 each month again.

These debts are also the reason why I can't drive a car yet, or live on my own.
My dad is a real stubborn guy so I told him to hand me each letter which has my name on it. regardless of it being his debt yes or no, but he won't budge.
My Soundcloud

My beginner rig:

Epiphone Goth G-400 SG
Stagg SW203N
Yamaha APX500
oh shit man! that sucks!!

I'm not sure how I can help you but feel free to pm me if you need to vent

seriously!
Quote by Telecaster7
Oh dear, current affairs...
Quote by CrazyMatt
oh shit man! that sucks!!

I'm not sure how I can help you but feel free to pm me if you need to vent

seriously!

Thanks bro. I probably will when I'm off work
My Soundcloud

My beginner rig:

Epiphone Goth G-400 SG
Stagg SW203N
Yamaha APX500
Quote by BjarnedeGraaf
Thanks bro. I probably will when I'm off work

but only if you feel like it ok? It's not like i want to force you to talk to me
anyway, take care for now!
Quote by Telecaster7
Oh dear, current affairs...
Quote by CrazyMatt
but only if you feel like it ok? It's not like i want to force you to talk to me
anyway, take care for now!

haha alright mate
My Soundcloud

My beginner rig:

Epiphone Goth G-400 SG
Stagg SW203N
Yamaha APX500
Wow, that sucks a whole plethora of balls.
Is there any way to tell if you're done paying off the debt after these next 8 months. Really hope you will be.

I can understand how this is extra shitty because it's your dad.

If you need more vents, my pm door is also always open, though I probably shouldn't give you any legal advise or whatever, you might just end up with worse money problems

Haha thanks guys, I have no idea what's coming after this, and the stupid thing is, Neither does my dad.
As far as I know, This is the last bit I need to pay off.

I went to my grandfather with this and explained the situation, he agreed to pay my debt in full, and then I pay my dad 200 a month.

It'll take a long time, but at least I get to keep some more money each month, which is ultimately better than having half of my paycheck ripped away.
Thanks for letting me vent a little and for the friendly help!
My Soundcloud

My beginner rig:

Epiphone Goth G-400 SG
Stagg SW203N
Yamaha APX500

my granddad is an amazing individual yep yep
My Soundcloud

My beginner rig:

Epiphone Goth G-400 SG
Stagg SW203N
Yamaha APX500
Wow man that really sucks.
Quote by Carmel
I can't believe you are whoring yourself out like that.

ಠ_ಠ
Where do you live, TS?

If you lived in the UK, I'd tell you to go to a Citizens Advice Bureau to get free debt advice. Is there something similar where you live?
Quote by neidnarb11890
the chinese take-out place my family always ordered from gave you chopsticks, so as a kid it was fun to try & eat with chopsticks
now i just use a fork, 'cuz nothing is fun anymore & i just want to shovel food into my mouth to fill the void
He lives in the Netherlands. I think they handled it well. But his dad sounds like a ******. No offence TS.
Quote by Carmel

ಠ_ಠ
Quote by Neo Evil11
He lives in the Netherlands. I think they handled it well. But his dad sounds like a ******. No offence TS.

I take no offense to facts
I never really went to any advice office because the last debts I had I had no other choice then to recieve less payment.

Quote by stratkat
I'm in debt now, but honestly I don't let it bother me, I have no income, so it literally can not be helped.

I payed back 400 not that long ago to the bank.

that's a lot of money for someone without a job man. kudos to you
My Soundcloud

My beginner rig:

Epiphone Goth G-400 SG
Stagg SW203N
Yamaha APX500
I would assume that where you're from, withholding another person's mail, family or not, would be illegal. Once you find out who you owe, call that agency and see if there's a way to set up online billing.
Quote by BjarnedeGraaf
I take no offense to facts
I never really went to any advice office because the last debts I had I had no other choice then to recieve less payment.

Yeah, they did the same to me when I "illegally" obtained studiefinanciering and a loan for a month, because my university put my graduation in July even though everything was processed in august. They simply took back the money by not giving me my full studiefinanciering during 4 months... if I did not have money on the bank I would have had a big problem there.
Quote by Carmel

ಠ_ಠ
Last edited by Neo Evil11 at Aug 28, 2014,
You obviously have to confront your dad and tell him not to do that because it's hurting you. if he doesn't understand or want to help, try your best to move out, so you can take care of your own stuff... although living with roommates might end up having similar situations. Good Luck
No lie if I had a large debt I'd probably kill myself.

4k-6k isn't large but jesus it's a lot :/

like if for some reason I woke up tomorrow to find a paper airplane I threw when I was 12 miraculously drifted through the air for years and years and managed to find its way into a jet engine destroying it and causing millions in damage that I would personally have to pay back, I'd just kill myself
It's over simplified, So what!

Quote by eGraham
I'm going to be on top of what is called a knob
Quote by theguitarist
Big ones can be fun in some ways but generally, they are a pain in the ass.
Quote by Wolfinator-x
I don't know what is going on in this thread or why I have an erection.
Quote by Obsceneairwaves
No lie if I had a large debt I'd probably kill myself.

4k-6k isn't large but jesus it's a lot :/

like if for some reason I woke up tomorrow to find a paper airplane I threw when I was 12 miraculously drifted through the air for years and years and managed to find its way into a jet engine destroying it and causing millions in damage that I would personally have to pay back, I'd just kill myself

you have a wild imagination my friend
My Soundcloud

My beginner rig:

Epiphone Goth G-400 SG
Stagg SW203N
Yamaha APX500