Have any of you played around with the Michael Kelly brand of guitars? It's apparently owned by the guy who owns BC Rich.

I recently bought a "Patriot Vintage" model and brought it on tour to serve as a backup. I ended up using it more than my blacktop tele because I loved the look. The stock pickups are a bit trebly for my taste but for a $250 score from Guitar Center I can't really complain.

Anyone else digging these?
One of my local music stores has had a few different models off and on for awhile. They've all felt like solid guitars and looked/sounded pretty good. I just haven't had a desire to buy one. It is interesting they're related to BC Rich...didn't know that.
I played a few of them years ago and thought they were just OK.

For $250 dollars? Absolutely worth it! You can put some good pickups in it and have a good guitar for under 500. Can't beat that.
They are good, solid guitars, and excellent values for the price. I just worked on a customer's MK acoustic yesterday, and was very impressed with the quality of materials and craftsmanship, and it sounded really great.
Michael Kelly are some of the best korean guitars out there. I came *this* closed to buying a Patriot Limited in burled bubinga (sexy as ****) few years back, i wish i had. You put a set of good pickups in there and everything else is good enough that you have a darkhorse beast.
Quote by yellowfrizbee
What does a girl have to do to get it in the butt thats all I ever wanted from you. Why, Ace? Why? I clean my asshole every night hoping and wishing and it never happens.
Bitches be Crazy.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Yeahh cracking guitars for the price. Never had a fault with any i played for the price.
I shouldn't post when drunk..

07 LTD MH400NT SD SH2/SH5
15 Jackson SLATHX-m 3-7 Slime green
Squier std tele (modded to hell)

Engl Powerball
Laney Ironheart 60h
Zilla Superfatboy 2x12 v30's

Pedals
I've had my Michael Kelly Patriot Limited Active in black cherry for about a year now. Paid just £200 for mine off ebay, by far the best guitar i've owned even if i was to buy it new at the time don't think anything can come close, sounds awesome as well.
Not a lot of music stores carry the Michael Kelly electrics, but the Patriot series is a pretty solid line of guitars. The ones I've tried are definitely a cut above their acoustics. If you like it, then you've got a good axe on your hands.
"Maybe this world is another planet's hell?" - Aldous Huxley
reading some reviews on amazon, people were having issues with tuning pegs being badly situated in that the d and g strings were catching on the a and b string posts.
Quote by Acϵ♠
Michael Kelly are some of the best korean guitars out there. I came *this* closed to buying a Patriot Limited in burled bubinga (sexy as ****) few years back, i wish i had. You put a set of good pickups in there and everything else is good enough that you have a darkhorse beast.

Ive got one in burl, and it's fantastic for the price. Needs some BK pickups someday though.
Quote by AcousticMirror
Is my album list pointing a gun or a penis to your head saying buddy this thing is going to unload if you don't listen to the whole damn clip??