I hope this is the right section for this!

Having a home studio is fun, but the biggest difference compared to a professional studio is that I can record at my leisure, at any time I want. In many ways, it's a great thing. On the other hand, I don't get the "urgency" to record like at a professional studio. I'll finish up a track or two and think "Well, I'll take a little break and work on the rest in an hour or two.", which leads to me procrastinating for a day or seven, an insanely sluggish pace for what could be done in a day in an actual studio. I just can't get into that "zone", if you know what I mean.

Does anybody else feel this way? If so, what techniques have you used to better organize yourself towards concentrating on finishing your recordings efficiently?
Yep, right section

I can't help you though, I always have several unfinished projects on the go, even though other days I'll do a whole song from start to finish in a day!
Gibson LP Traditional, LP GT, LP Studio, SG Standard x2
Barber Tone Press > EHX Worm >TC Polytune > EXH Glove > EHX East River Drive > Zoom G3 > TC Spark Mini Booster
EVH 5150 III LBXII
Jet City JCA22H
My SoundCloud
I can't help either. I have several half finished projects going back many months. I feel your pain.
I know that feel.

I have like 35+ unfinished songs that are currently recorded

Mostly, my problem is I think it sounds awesome at first, then I record it and play around with it for a few days and end up thinking it's crap and never come back to finish it. The few that I DO really like, I rarely have the drive to mix them after I've recorded them. I find mixing my own music boring
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
Yeah, I hear you, and I am in the same boat. I have been waiting on myself for 2days to get the bug and record bass for a song.
I think there are two ways to have success at this.
1. Get a friend and have one engineer the other. You'll be pushing each other and since now you're also wasting another's time it is more likely to get things accomplished.
2. Plug into your DAW ready to record every time you practice. Build a drum track, loop etc. and start your practice that way. Very soon you'll discover you're tracking.

Also make sure that your recording time is sacred. Can't say how many times I've blown a good tracking session by having someone enter the room with problem, hand me the phone, etc.
I don't always get the bug to record, but when I do (and there's nothing else on my schedule), I can find myself laying down track after track, picking up different instruments and doing more tracks and then suddenly looking at the clock, realizing I've been doing it for hours and hours!
More likely, though, is I've got an hour free time here, or half an hour there, so get a few bits done at a time.
No doubt that once you get into it, everything seems to go so much better than when you are just doing a track or two.
My reverbnation page

2012 Taylor 310ce
2011 Fender CD140SCE
Ibanez 12 string a/e
73 Epi 6830E
72 Fender Telecaster
Epi Dot Studio
Epi LP Jr
Chinese Strat clone
Washburn Mandolin
Luna 'tatoo' a/e uke
antique banjolin
Squire J bass
You could try setting yourself up with a release schedule, where you drop a song every Monday or something. That will encourage you to finish recordings AND it will help engage and grow your fan base
Telecaster - SG - Jaguar
Princeton Reverb, Extra Reverb
P-Bass - Mustang Bass
Apogee Duet 2 - Ableton Suite
I get this too, I have 100's of started projects, or small ideas I've gotten down from over the last few years and I still create new projects whenever I feel like getting an idea down.

A good way I've found getting around feeling terribly unproductive is to start going through all of the projects I've made and take notes, when I'm happy with where I think I can take one project then I dedicate to that one for a month and plan out what I need to record, what parts of the track I'd like to change etc. I'll plan a few 3 or 4 hours sessions over the month putting them in between gifts at work and days off to allow time.

After each short session I'll bounce down and listen to it whenever I'm walking to and from work with headphones and take notes on my phone, seem to be getting a lot more done lately so it's working.

The key is organisation and planning the studio time well in advance (even though my studio is just in the spare bedroom). it gets really hard swell having to work an office job for 40 hours a week and plan everything in-between, but when scheduling gets released at work I book in all my recording time on my calendar with it
@EatShreddies - great work schedule, that's the way to go.
Problem is that inspiration doesn't always strike...but at least it keeps the chops up.
At least that is how it is with me, sometimes a really long dry spell and then a crazy period of creativity and so forth...I noticed that jamming with other people at least keeps on adding to the ideas.
It can be hard. The best advice here is probably to get a friend in to help push you. I know that is not as easy as it sounds. It is really hard to put that pressure on yourself especially with all the distractions that a computer and the internet can offer. Then only thing to do is to have a strong sense of self responsibility and really beat yourself up about it if you don't achieve your recording goals. Beating yourself up about things is generally not a good idea for self esteem but I find that if I know that I am going to punish myself and feel horrible if I don't achieve my goals I generally get everything done and then end up feeling good. Just remember to set realistic goals.