I'm after some advice on modding my Pacifica 112.

I'm looking to replace the pickups, to go to h-h rather than h-s-s.

I was thinking about upgrading the electronics, I assume this is a case of getting better caps and pots, but which brand pots are considered the best? Caps I'm sticking with Orange Drops.

Is there any merit in shielding the rounding cavity?

also I would Like to put a fixed bridge on, any suggestions as to which I can retro fit?

Thanks.
(Pretty much all of this is in theory, so bear that in mind- I just saw you got no answers, so figured an "in theory" or "rough rule of thumb" answer might be better than nothing.)

Assuming you want to keep it as cheap as possible (but still good quality so it's actually worth your while bothering with the upgrades):

I've been hearing very good things about entwistle pickups recently, and they're very cheap. Might be worth considering, since the guitar is fairly cheap to start with.

CTS and bourns (I think) pots get a good rep, but I think alpha gets the name of being where the bang for buck is. I could be wrong.

Not sure about the shielding. I'm guessing it wouldn't hurt, but

It might be easier to just fit a (better) trem and then block it (unless you're ok with drilling). I think some of the wilkinson ones with a steel block are meant to fit (the cheaper, non-gotoh ones, normally around £25-£30) but I'm not certain which ones will.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
For hhh you might have to do some serious woodwork, or use SC-sized hums.

Gibson use CTS pots, and they are very smooth and durable; a decent make is Alpha. Different makes use different shaft knurlings, so you might also have to get new knobs.

Fitting a fixed bridge also involves major woodworking. I've done it once, but these days I just opt for blocking the trem. I have found, however, on the couple of times I've tried it, that replacing the cheap diecast saddles with pressed steel ones has improved the tone. They don't have to have "Fender" stamped on them, that doesn't help the tone, IMO. You could also try a heavy trem block (eg from GFS) to improve sustain; I've never tried it, but it might be worth a go. Again, it would take a lot to convince me that Callaham are any better, a lump of brass/steel is a lump of brass/steel.
If you want to try shielding it you could just use aluminum foil. It's a lot cheaper than something from Stewmac or someplace like that, and I've heard it works just as well (no personal experience with that though).
Quote by transformed
If you want to try shielding it you could just use aluminum foil. It's a lot cheaper than something from Stewmac or someplace like that, and I've heard it works just as well (no personal experience with that though).

Yes it does, but you have to be careful to get good electric contact between the individual pieces, because it won't solder. I stick it down with double-sided adhesive tape, and normally do the control cavity and the whole back of the pickguard. It is grounded via the control pot attachments that go through it.
cheers for the info, looks like I will replace the trem as advised, and then the pups.
Just about to wind my own, with a little work looks like I could turn it into a 611.

Any other suggestions on warming the sound up, so it's not so bright?
250k pots might help a little. or maybe a brass block on the trem instead of steel, and/or more modern saddles rather than the bent steel vintage-type ones (all of those are probably overkill, though, for only minimal changes). depends on how bright it is. you could always wind the pickups to be warmer (I have no idea how to do that) too. or even just mess with the cap values etc.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?