Page 1 of 3
I was watching Bowling For Columbine the other day and when it got to the part where he is talking to Canadians about home security I couldn't believe how many people leave their doors unlocked.

I'm from England and although I haven't been burgled I would never leave the doors unlocked intentionally. I have forgotten to lock them a couple of times and nothing happened, and when I think about it if someone decided to break into my house I guess they would get in some way regardless of the door being locked or not but I still couldn't leave the door unlocked on purpose.

So do you lock your doors?
I don't live in an unsafe area, but my doors are always locked when nobody is home. I don't always lock them when the house is occupied. Rather safe than sorry.
When I lived in Canada I always locked the door.

I didn't want bears and liberals to squat in my house.
Quote by Philip_pepper
When I lived in Canada I always locked the door.

I didn't want bears and liberals to squat in my house.

Bass Gear:

Mensinger: Speesy
Fender Precision 1989 (CIJ Rosewood)
Fender Steve Harris (CIJ)
Lakland J Sonic 5
Epiphone Explorer
Maruszczyk (custom) Jake

Ashdown CTM 100
When I'm out, obviously.

When in the house... yeah generally I do. In England certainly there's a general trend for Yale locks which basically mean you can't open them from the outside without a key when they're closed, even without "locking" them. My current house doesn't have them, and I must admit I miss them.
I don't leave the house, so there's little need too.

If someone wants to break in bad enough to mug me in my own home I doubt glass would stop them. The two people I've known who were robbed often smoked pot with new people in their home, someone liked what they saw robbed them when they were out
Last edited by stratkat at Aug 29, 2014,
Quote by MadClownDisease
When I'm out, obviously.

When in the house... yeah generally I do. In England certainly there's a general trend for Yale locks which basically mean you can't open them from the outside without a key when they're closed, even without "locking" them. My current house doesn't have them, and I must admit I miss them.

I had them on my bedroom when I was staying in London. Generally nice to have them, except when you forget to bring your key when you take a shower and you have to go to the neighbours in your underpants because you also don't have a phone and after that have to break in your door because the owner of the flat is away for the weekend and says that's the only option.

But yes, I lock my doors, I don't want Polish people to steal my stuff.
Quote by MadClownDisease
When I'm out, obviously.

Yeah I don't have a yale lock on the place I'm living now and the door does seem a lot more vulnerable without one.
Quote by ultimate-slash
I had them on my bedroom when I was staying in London. Generally nice to have them, except when you forget to bring your key when you take a shower and you have to go to the neighbours in your underpants because you also don't have a phone and after that have to break in your door because the owner of the flat is away for the weekend and says that's the only option.

But yes, I lock my doors, I don't want Polish people to steal my stuff.

Today stolen? Tomorrow in Poland.
My doors are self-locking. So yes. Kinda dumb not to lock your doors if you live in a non rural area imo. I always leave the door closed when I'm home, or I at least lock the gate in front if the doors open.
cat
Hell yes I do.

It seems insane to me that people don't. Are people so lazy that they're willing to compromise their security to save a few seconds of time a day?
I always lock my doors. Have Yale locks in my student house and leave the door to my room unlocked cos I trust my housemates, but always have the front door unlocked.

Mum is paranoid at my parents house for going out and leaving the doors and windows unlocked/locked. That's in a very middle class area too, I don't get why you'd leave the door unlocked ever.

longing rusted furnace daybreak seventeen benign nine homecoming one freight car
Quote by EndTheRapture51
I always lock my doors. Have Yale locks in my student house and leave the door to my room unlocked cos I trust my housemates, but always have the front door unlocked.

Mum is paranoid at my parents house for going out and leaving the doors and windows unlocked/locked. That's in a very middle class area too, I don't get why you'd leave the door unlocked ever.

There were wankers in my neighborhood checking the backdoors of every home at 3 in the morning. They managed to steal some laptops and iPods but got caught within a week.

I also know a lady who owns a fancy big mansion and has got a porsche in her driveway and she confessed that she's been robbed ridiculous times.

It doesn't matter in what social class you're in, gotta lock your shit up. Maybe low-income areas are less likely to be broken into because thieves know they'll not find anything worthwhile.
I lock the door when I'm gone and at night. I live in a rural area with low crime, but it does occur so If I'm not home, or I'm asleep, I always lock the door.
Quote by Philip_pepper
There were wankers in my neighborhood checking the backdoors of every home at 3 in the morning. They managed to steal some laptops and iPods but got caught within a week.

I also know a lady who owns a fancy big mansion and has got a porsche in her driveway and she confessed that she's been robbed ridiculous times.

It doesn't matter in what social class you're in, gotta lock your shit up. Maybe low-income areas are less likely to be broken into because thieves know they'll not find anything worthwhile.

Doesn't help that the lights in my town get turned of at midnight, my uncle owns a big farmhouse in a rural middle class village in Scotland though, they keep their back door unlocked all the time.

longing rusted furnace daybreak seventeen benign nine homecoming one freight car
Yes but it's more out of habit and because most doors I've had were shit and would find a way to get blown open if I didn't lock them, than for security reasons.
Don't tell me to lock my doors. Tell your children not to burgle.
Check out my band Disturbed
Quote by StewieSwan
Don't tell me to lock my doors. Tell your children not to burgle.

If we abolish the notion of private property there will be nothing to burgle because everything will belong to everyone.
I lock my doors but it's more to prevent drunken college neighbors from stumbling in and puking on the carpet. The doors at our apartment complex have big ass windows so if someone wanted to break to steal stuff, in they would have little-to-no challenge.

A problem for me because all of my sound gear/guitars and shit are there.
I eat bananas vigorously

BUTTS.

To the pit because i don't feel like doing real life.
I do at home, but the chances of a theft here are so minimal that I could probably leave the garage door open the whole day.
Not sure if a sig is a necessity.
I misread the title and thought it asked do you love your doors. And I was going to say of course I love my doors. They are very good doors.
Quote by snipelfritz
You lost me at "Lubricate."

I'm raw, like nature. Nature boy. Big jungle leaves are my cum rags.

Sometimes I fuck a bamboo shoot.

There's nothing left here to be saved
Just barreling dogs and barking trains
Another year lost to the blue line
Quote by JackWhiteIsButts
I only lock em when I'm going out

This.
Sail upon the open skies
My doors are pretty much never locked unless every one's in bed. I also got a bernese mountain dog which is actually giant baby and would run away from a burglar, but sounds awful vicious barking from the window.
Always. There's no excuse not to.
Quote by Axelfox
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
I also have to do that. Cottaging this weekend
Quote by Guodlca
I do at home, but the chances of a theft here are so minimal that I could probably leave the garage door open the whole day.

I accidentally left the front door open during a 7-day beach trip when I was 13 or 14. I was in charge of locking up/turning on the alarm, but I either forgot, or someone went back in and never locked up.

Nothing was taken, but my neighbor's dog apparently laid on our porch the whole time.
This ends now, eat the goddamn beans!
I lock my doors. I don't want any scoundrels getting into my house.
Quote by kaptkegan
Don't think I've ever been sigged.

I pretty much never leave the drug thread anymore.
Yes I lock my doors. I lock my doors because I own things I want to keep and I do not want people stealing the things I own because my doors are not locked.
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano
i kinda wish we all had a penis and vagina instead of buttholes

i mean no offense to buttholes and poop or anything

Rest in Peace, Troy Davis and Trayvon Martin and Jordan Davis and Eric Garner and Mike Brown
Almost always when we are out, and we live across from the police station too. Never when someone is home. But the way I see it, if it got to the point that that person was going to break into my house, I don't think a locked door would thwart them.
'93 Gibson LP Studio (498T/490R)-Ebony
'14 Gibson LP Standard (JB/Jazz)-Ocean Water Perimeter
Epi MKH LP Custom-7 (SD Custom Shop JB-7)-Ebony
+More

Maxon od808|Boss NS-2|Boss CE-5|
Line6 G55|Korg Pitchblack Pro

JVM 210h|1960a(V30/G12t-75)
Quote by RCA1186
Almost always when we are out, and we live across from the police station too. Never when someone is home. But the way I see it, if it got to the point that that person was going to break into my house, I don't think a locked door would thwart them.

It's more about making your house a less inviting target than it is to physically stop someone.

Put lights and dogs around one house with an unlocked door and no lights, dogs, and plenty of bushes around a house with a locked door, and I'd bet money that most people would break into the house without dogs.

I think there was a poll taken of inmates and big dogs were their biggest deterrent.

Needs more studying.
Quote by Skynyrd890
It's more about making your house a less inviting target than it is to physically stop someone.

Put lights and dogs around one house with an unlocked door and no lights, dogs, and plenty of bushes around a house with a locked door, and I'd bet money that most people would break into the house without dogs.

I think there was a poll taken of inmates and big dogs were their biggest deterrent.

Needs more studying.

I also have a pitbull so that helps haha
'93 Gibson LP Studio (498T/490R)-Ebony
'14 Gibson LP Standard (JB/Jazz)-Ocean Water Perimeter
Epi MKH LP Custom-7 (SD Custom Shop JB-7)-Ebony
+More

Maxon od808|Boss NS-2|Boss CE-5|
Line6 G55|Korg Pitchblack Pro

JVM 210h|1960a(V30/G12t-75)
Quote by RCA1186
But the way I see it, if it got to the point that that person was going to break into my house, I don't think a locked door would thwart them.

A lot of thieves are opportunistic though. They don't necessarily see a house and say "right, we're getting in there, no matter what!" then try the door first. They might pick an area they think looks vulnerable, then see which house seems easiest.

"This street doesn't have any cameras etc, should be easy. Let's try houses... this one's all locked up, next one... this one has an alarm, next one... this one's unlocked, fantastic."
I lock the doors while I'm sleeping, and when I'm going out. Locking the doors when you're awake in your own house, seems very weird, and extremely paranoid. I live in Norway btw.
Quote by RCA1186
I also have a pitbull so that helps haha

Well then why even have a door? You're golden lol
Page 1 of 3