Hi all,

I'm new in the forum, so first of all, hello everyone. I want to buy a 6 string superstrat with a locking tremolo bar for less than 800 euros (I live in Germany).

I tried the Jackson SL2 Pro Soloist and it seems like an excellent guitar, as it comes with two Seymour Duncans and a licensed Floyd Rose. I've also seen some Ibanez, which are much cheaper but they come with Ibanez pickups and Edge Zero II bridge.

What would you recommend?
http://www.richtonemusic.co.uk/search-results.asp?query=Last%20Ever

Assuming you don't mind 80s looks and a non-recessed tremolo.

with ibanez, you really ideally want to be getting up to the prestige series if you want a locking trem. I haven't tried the premiums yet (heard conflicting things, some say they're great, some say they're not anywhere near the prestiges), but they tend to use the cheaper (crap) trems, which is a pretty severe achilles heel if you ask me.

Jackson used to have a Japanese-made range which was nice, but it was discontinued (along with those Charvels I listed) when the Japanese factory shut. Sometimes you can still find them and they'd be worth a try. The bolt-on Charvel Pro Mods are currently made in Mexico and might be worth a look- I haven't tried them, but when you can get the Japanese ones for less money and with a hard case (MIMs have no case), I'm not sure it's worth the risk... though the trems are recessed if that's important, and the so-cals have duncan distortions instead of dimarzio tone zone/evo in the MIJ version.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Last edited by Dave_Mc at Aug 29, 2014,
Anything with a Floyd Rose 1000 or Floyd Rose Original is good.

Ibanez pickups are terrible. All of them. Even the ones on the Prestige models. Just go in knowing you'll want to swap them at some point.

The Edge Zero II seems to be fine. They've been out for a little while now, and there haven't really been any complaints about it the way there is for the Edge III. It's probably not as durable as a regular Edge Zero or Edge/Edge Pro or any of those trems, but it's probably better than something like a Floyd Rose Special.
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
^ Some of the prestiges have dimarzios (or even the dimarzio/IBZ models) which are fine.

But yeah even the V models on the cheaper prestiges are probably mediocre at best.

My concern about the edge II zero is that if it did turn out down the line to be rubbish, it might not be an easy swap for anything else (i could be wrong about that, though). that's the problem with proprietary designs.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Yeah, but those aren't Ibanez pickups, are they?

The V7/V8 that came in my RG520 were garbage. Got rid of them actually (which was really stupid in hindsight, because now it's harder to sell).

And yeah. I have no idea, but I would assume that you could swap in an Edge Zero for the EZ2. So that might be an option down the line.
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
ah i misunderstood what you meant good call, agreed.

i dunno. I'm not familiar with the newer ibanez trems but i know with most of the older ibanez trems, the cheaper ones weren't direct swaps for the dearer ones. that may have changed, but i'd be cautious before i knew for sure.
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?