I am learning a lead riff with a lot of finger rolling and I am just a beginner so finger rolling is quite challenging. Rolling between two strings is no problem for me. But when it comes to rolling over three strings, from the D string down to the B string it becomes really hard. My fingers are quite tiny as well, don't know if that makes it harder though.
¨
Do you have any tips on how to roll over three strings with the ring finger for example?
How long should it take to learn if I practice it everyday like 30 mins-60 mins?
Last edited by Zerpent93 at Aug 29, 2014,
It will take as long as it takes.

My main advice is to make the motion as subtle as you can. You really don't need to move that far to make the change between fretting and muting so sit down and play absurdly slowly for a while so you can figure out how much movement you actually need to make.

Also, don't even try to use your finger tips for any part of a roll that big. It simply will not work. That's going to be all using the pad of your finger.

Unless the space between the last knuckle on that finger and the end of it is shorter than the space between 3 strings, your finger size doesn't make any difference.
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
Rolling, is an essential technique to get down pat. But is also rather uncomfortable. Don't expect it to be easy at first. It is difficult and uncomfortable at first. but once you get it down with the least amount of motion possible, it'll just start to work.

you sound like you know what you're doing. It really does just take a bit of time to get right. Keep at it.
I see. Thank you so much for your advice and encouragement. I will not give up!