So I'm going to skip the bullshit and get right to what everybody wants!

I'm back in the Krank club!

I found this sweet, mint-ass Nineteen80 on ebay. I had really been missing my Kranks of the past AND I missed my SL-X, so I thought "hey, what's the best of both worlds? A Krank Marshall-a-like!"

Ever since I played the Nineteen80 (way back when before Krank went out of business) I have wanted one. As can be expected from any Krank, this thing has a MASSIVE low-end, but it doesn't flub like a Recto and it isn't quite the same as the booming low-end of the RM, it just has the fat-ass punch great for metal riffage.

It has the typical Marshall-grind in the mid-range that is typical of most hotrodded 800 amps, what some would call a "snarl." Definitely reminds me of the SL-X, a kind of nasty, unrefined sound that just begs for you to play some showboat leads.

The high-end has the signature Krank sizzle, admittedly I typically EQ some of this out in the loop, but it does work well here for some sounds (when I first plugged in and boosted it was instant Carcass tone).

This one doesn't have as much preamp gain as a Rev or a Krankenstein, but boosted it still has plenty to play anything you could want, and I definitely prefer the more ballsy sound of this one to the Rev of the fizzy Krankenstein.

The clean channel is pretty decent, it's no AC30, but it definitely has a charm all its own. A thick, bassy kind of clean tone that is great for getting that old-school live sound like Hendrix. Very nice blues sound, which is about all I would use the clean channel for anyway.

Next:

A little digital fun! I picked this up mostly on a whim, I have recently been wanting an easy way to record straight in to my laptop, and something to give me a couple more effects to play with seeing as I only have a NS2, TS and EQ at the moment. I haven't even touched the surface on what this thing can do, but so far I am pleased with the delays and tremolos I have tried, and the wahs are pretty decent as well (though I wish I could adjust the sweep on the models). I played with the Engl model a bit yesterday and it was pretty cool, definitely takes some tweaking to get a good sound though. This will keep my evenings busy for a while

Well that's it for this haul, thanks for looking!
I'm just a kickin' and a gougin' in the mud and the blood and the beer.
Damn you're on top of it dude

HNGD
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
Sweet!

I need an amp now... picked up 2 more guitars

Mind if I ask the ball park of what you paid for that Krank?
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
See, it's important that people clarify when they say "metal", because I pretty much always assume they are a Cannibal Corpse fanboi.
495$ shipped to the door (pretty quick I might add). Considering that it even came in the original Krank box, I'm pretty happy, it's imacculate.

Thanks guys I'll see if I can't get a clip of the Krank on Sunday. The house will be empty
Not bad on the price, even better getting the original box.

No cigarette burns from or beers stains from someone gigging with it.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
See, it's important that people clarify when they say "metal", because I pretty much always assume they are a Cannibal Corpse fanboi.
Nice!
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
nice
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Looks sweet! HNAD.
Quote by Todd Hart
Shooting your friends with a real gun is a definite faux pas.

Quote by mystical_1
Professor Plum in the Studio with a new Amp

Quote by snipelfritz
If only I were the only one at home right now. I don't need my parents asking who Mr. Wiggles is.
Hngd!!
Randall RM100(Recto/KH-2/XTC)
Peavey 5150 212
Peavey 6505+112(head)
Peavey VTM 120
Peavey Windsor
Crate GX-130C
Randall RG100ES
Randall RH300G3
Randall RX120RH
POD HD500
^ didn't realize you had a GX130C

Thanks guys