Can anybody tell me more about this guitar? I know they're made in Japan and I like the Les Paul style of body. I've heard great things from friends IRL and other people on the internet. Can anybody tell me, is the ESP LTD EC1000 a good budget guitar? I noticed you can buy them used on guitar center for around $500. Thanks.
Some see the glass half full, others see the glass half empty. Me? I see that the glass is refillable.
They're made in Korea, not Japan. Not LTD guitar is made in Japan.

But yes, they're great value. They don't scream at me to buy them, but they're very good.
Quote by Axelfox
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
I also have to do that. Cottaging this weekend
Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
They're made in Korea, not Japan. Not LTD guitar is made in Japan.

But yes, they're great value. They don't scream at me to buy them, but they're very good.

Well I guess IDK anything then!

Do you think it's a good guitar for crunchy power chords, punk rock and rhythm metal guitar?
Some see the glass half full, others see the glass half empty. Me? I see that the glass is refillable.
EC1000s are great guitars especially at that price. As for the rhythm stuff you want to do it should be fine. Just decide if you want the ones with the JB/59 or EMG sets.
ESP E-II Horizon FR
Gibson Flying V HET SET
ESP Eclipse II FM JB/Jazz
ESP M-II Deluxe EMG 81/SA
Marshall JCM2000 DSL/ JCM800 1960a cab
Mesa Mark V 25
EC1000s are great. That said, I found that neither set of stock pickups did what I want. I have a set of Bareknuckle Blackhawks in mine which work quite well.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400 with Gotoh GE1996T (EMG 85/60)
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
Also, keep an eye open sometimes they go for pretty low prices. I bought mine for Townsend fun and got it for less than $400, in great shape. Admittedly I am not a fan of actives, but it works for what I'm using it for.
Gibson LP traditional and DC standard, PRS S2 Custom 24, MIA Standard Strat, Charvel So Cal Pro Mod, Schecter Banshee 7
EVH 5153, Mesa DR Tremoverb combo 2-2x12's
Line 6 M13
Cant go wrong with ltd, the Ltd x1000 series are probably the best "bang for your buck" guitars you can get. I have H-1001 (strat equivalent) and it is killer, anything by Ltd has an amazing quality-to-price ratio. I've played an ec-1000 with Jb/59 combo and its probably comparable to a Gibson SG despite the shape.

For $400 you really cannot go wrong.
I have the black matte esp ltd ec 1000 and its a really great guitar. They play really nicely, feel great, and look awesome. I think the stock emgs sound really good in mine. Idk, why everybody says emgs sound the same in every guitar. I have two different guitars with emgs and they sound very different. The ec1000 in particular sounds thicker, with more low mids, and is articulate. The cleans sound better in the ec1000 than my other emg guitar.
If you feel the need to change the pickups, i guarantee the guitar will still be great. You can pretty much nail anything from blues, rock, punk, hard rock, and most genres of metal.
My only issues with the guitar is that ive had off and on tuning stability issues with the gstring (happened to several people w this guitar), and for some reason i get a ringing noise past the nut when i mute strings (which i resolved by putting a wrap past the headstock to put the strings there).
Quote by suckmahnuts
Watterboy, I love you.

Quote by davrossss
You are now my favourite person on UG.....You write cool shit.

Quote by wannabestoner69