Hi all, this is a build log of my new guitar I am making, ill post more pics as I progress.

I first sent my design to a manufacturer who made the basic part of the guitar and sent it to me.

Opening it up...

it looks ok, the veneer is very thin on the neck.

Nice ebony fretboard, small flaws.

The quilted maple top looks very nice, but shame its pretty thin too, looks like I have to have a pretty light stain of black.

Came with fake emgs ew...

Floyd

Did some progress today,
the routing that came with the guitar was pretty poorly done, so I cleaned it up a bit. Here are some before and afters.
Before

After

Kinda looks like it changed wood completely.

Still waiting for my dyes to arrive.
Quote by transformed
Looking forward to more posts! Who's your manufacturer?

It is a manufacturer from china , I could probably get you in touch with him if you send me a pm.

Quote by 260bpm
looks like a fun project, how much you want for those emgs?

You really don't want those fake emgs, they aren't even active and they sound like the muddiest shit on the planet.
Quote by alanw410
It is a manufacturer from china , I could probably get you in touch with him if you send me a pm.

Thanks, but I don't have any immediate plans right now; I was just curious because, not that long ago, I looked into doing the same thing you're doing and looked at a bunch of custom manufacturers. Nothing ever came of it though, sadly.
Today two parcels came in my mail! My pickups and my color dye.
One was from Guitar Makers Emporium, who I bought a new set of pickups from.

Came with nice wilkinson pickups and 3 tremolo springs. (My kit didn't come with any springs.)

I put them in to make a mock up version just to test all the parts.

Inserted floyd

Tuning was a bitch.

Wiring stuffs.

I tested the tone, its not bad, but not good either, there is way too much fret buzz on the lower end (Fret 1-5) and the strings are too high on the higher end (15- 24)

Not really sure how to adjust the intonation and action, the thing I want to know most is how to set up the neck truss rod.
Quote by alanw410
Not really sure how to adjust the intonation and action, the thing I want to know most is how to set up the neck truss rod.

Plenty of videos on YT will walk you through the truss rod adjustment and setup. There are also stickied threads in the Electric Guitar forum on setting up and a specific FR setup thread. Plus someone else here might give you some more specific advice.
Quote by Diemon Dave
Don't go ninjerin nobody don't need ninjerin'