Page 1 of 3
srs thread pls respond

Hello Pit, in the last 5 years I'm sure we've all changed, grown and developed as people. What events from this period of time have changed and defined you as a person, and where have you changed in your personality, qualities and outlook on life?

longing rusted furnace daybreak seventeen benign nine homecoming one freight car
Quote by EndTheRapture51
srs thread pls respond
But that's no fun.
Quote by SGstriker
If KFC is finger-licking good, then people would probably suck dicks for Popeyes. That's how good it is.

There's nothing left here to be saved
Just barreling dogs and barking trains
Another year lost to the blue line
My beard grows thicker than it did at 13

Thats it
You hit 'em and they get back up
I hit 'em and they stay down
- Frank Castle
Last edited by cha33 armstrong at Aug 30, 2014,
This is something I think a lot about, actually. I don't have a very charitable opinion of my past self. In guess it wasn't until recently that I've started to develop a better opinion of myself. For most of high school I was really awkward. I screwed up with all of the girls I was into and destroyed some friendships. It wasn't until I left for college that I gained more confidence and learned how to be a better friend to people. I think I still have a lot to work on, but that's an ongoing project.
-death of a friend
-loss of a loved one
-loss of another loved one
-death of another loved one
-drugs
-drugs
-drugs
-alcoholism
-recovering from alcoholism
-burning of bridges
-loss of friends
-drugs
-college
-crucial professors
-recovery of my frontal lobe
-family (expansion of)
-love of nature

generally, I'm an open minded happy person.
I look forward to the future

Quote by Pastafarian96
I an evety characyer in this story
I played guitar. Then I played video games. Then I realized I liked guitar better
Quote by SG_dave at #33549256
I've never wanted to see a guy eat dick so much in my life.
Quote by ali.guitarkid7 at #33553650
If you are white, you are scum.
Good thread idea Rapture.

1. My mom's cancer. Never thought it would happen to someone in my family. Made me realize it could happen to me. Therefore, I want to take more risks in life, but not risks that imply commitment. Because commitment = responsibility = time. I think it's also a reason why the prospect of marriage in the future does not excite me.

2. University. I used to think studying hard guaranteed you an easy life. Not so, not always. I know plenty of smart people who worked hard but will end up on a very average income. Whereas, if you studied less and were smart in picking a profession that pays better than average, well, damn, surely that's pretty smart to me. Nobody gives a shit about your first-class degree in x y or z when your house is being repossessed. So work smart, not hard.

3. I've gotten really tired of women/girls after being in a course with 70-80% girls. I find them to be more emotional than logical and it's burned me out. It has taught me that my happiness comes first.

4. People are not against you, they're out for themselves. Never forget this. It's why you're gonna make less friends as you get older because the rat race will intensify.

5. Don't go into debt. Don't. Go. Into. Debt. Not now, not later. Mortgages are 'okay' though.

6. You're going to wear reading glasses one day. Most people will. You don't realize this when you're young. You take it for granted. Don't take it for granted. It'll start in your late 30s. Yeah, that soon.

7. I want to work to live, not live to work. I think life will pass you by if you focus too heavily on it, which is why I find debt is bad as I mentioned above. However, some people don't have that option and lots of people will work well into their retirement. Solution? Start thinking about retirement now.

8. Mom's cancer, again. She's healthy now, but it hit me I'll be all alone after she dies, which will happen one day of course and I need to be damn well prepared because I'll have no family left. Loneliness is scary as shit, but I truly believe there's a different between being lonely and being alone.

9. Still no Half-Life 3 or Final Fantasy XVIII. People suck. Don't rely too much on people, you can only rely on yourself.

10. If people are causing you grief, cut them off. Out of sight, out of mind. I had to cut family ties and friendship ties because they were giving me a lot more misery than not. It's sad sometimes, but so, so worth it.

That's all I can think of right now.
In all honesty, I feel like I haven't had a defining moment. I've changed though, from a happy, ambitious and annoying little smart-ass to a somewhat bitter and aimless person who knows nothing and just waits for stuff to happen because everything is pointless. But don't worry, I'm still happy and annoying.
Tiger got to hunt, bird got to fly; man got to sit and wonder, 'Why, why, why?'
Tiger got to sleep, bird got to land; man got to tell himself he understand.

Last edited by ultimate-slash at Aug 30, 2014,
I don't think I have changed much.
Quote by Carmel
I can't believe you are whoring yourself out like that.

ಠ_ಠ
Quote by Neo Evil11
I don't think I have changed much.

Once a pleasure mouse, always a pleasure mouse.

Quote by ultimate-slash
Once a pleasure mouse, always a pleasure mouse.

Oh I did get a tail reduction as most women thought it was too big. Does that count?
Quote by Carmel

ಠ_ಠ
I met a lot of amazing people and I became a better person.
A lot more open and social and excited about life and meeting new people.

Also I pretty much stopped feeling small and weak when someone yells at me, or tells me I did something very wrong and I should respect people more and so on.
Not that I stopped listening, but I learned to reply if I disagree, 'cause people seem to be a lot more open to discussions when the person they're talking to shows he's not small and weak and shy.

Also I learned stuff about philosophy and that changed my view about the world.
Not really my life, I'm not living my life much differently since I learned that stuff, though it made me question life, what is reality and why that is so, and I think it greatly contributed to me not being desperate, nor even particularly afraid of dying.

Also I grew my hair and a beard so now I have girls flirting with me a lot more than before.
Name's Luca.

Quote by OliOsbourne
I don't know anything about this topic, but I just clicked on this thread because of your username :O
Quote by Cajundaddy
Clue: amplifiers amplify so don't turn it on if you need quiet.
Quote by chrismendiola
I guess spambots are now capable of reading minds.
Learning to play guitar was something that helped me prove my worth to myself. It helped me recognize that I can actually do something pretty well if I try hard and it boosted my self confidence. Not too much though ;D

As silly as it might sound, smoking weed helped me realize what things are important enough for me to worry about them and what are not. And it opened my mind.

Falling in love for the second time in my life. I almost forgot what it's like to have an emotional bond to a person. And it feels good if you stop being afraid of it.

An ugly car crash I had last year. I have no idea how I survived that shit with no scars or anything at all. It reminded me that you never know what might hit you the next second. Literally.
Last edited by Zordon at Aug 30, 2014,
people are like functions

we don't change as a function, but our variables change (things in our lives change), so our outputs change. it's as simple as that. wanna see how someone's changed? look at the variables.
"I specialize in driving a set like I'm driving a Lexus" - Uncle Mez
Mom's cancer
Meeting and later breaking up with this guy
Being raped
Living on my own

And apart from these milestones I generally just know how to have all my shit together 90% of the time
cat
My first girlfriend. I was in a really bad place when she came into my life, and she was exactly what I needed at that time. She brought me out of my shell and made me comfortable in my own skin. Without her I'm pretty sure I wouldn't be doing what I do now, so it doesn't even matter that we're not together any more, she'll always have a place in my heart for helping me turn myself around like she did.
addiction, overdose, & associated self-destruction
a variety of failed interpersonal relationships
gradual embitterment regarding education

that's like last 3 years or so.
i don't know why i feel so dry
I don't really think it's possible to list everything, given how some things impact us without us ever being aware.

That said, I assume this thread is about major events. So: the death of my dad, going to college, dropping out of college, getting a big-boy job. Those are listed in no particular order, and I'm sure there are some important things that I missed.
Quote by Trowzaa
I wish I was American.

~ A Rolling Potato Gathers No Moss ~
Quote by laid-to-waste
people are like functions

we don't change as a function, but our variables change (things in our lives change), so our outputs change. it's as simple as that. wanna see how someone's changed? look at the variables.

So what is our function? Is that the person that's left after you've removed all aspects that have been influenced by external factors since the moment of birth/conception/first consciousness?

i don't think there has been any major catalyst for change in my life. i've gone through a spell of depression which i think really changed my outlook on life although i've always been quite cynical. i've achieved very little in recent years despite my supposed intelligence but i think this was always par for the course. i think fundamentally i'm the same as i always have been.
Quote by ultimate-slash
So what is our function? Is that the person that's left after you've removed all aspects that have been influenced by external factors since the moment of birth/conception/first consciousness?

No.

f(x,twat) = 2x^5 - 7(twat^-0.5)

Gozd in gora poj,
silen ženimo hrup,
uboga gmajna, le vpup, le vkup,
le vkup, le vkup z menoj,
staro pravdo v mrak tulimo,
da se pretulimo skozi to zimo
Quote by JamSessionFreak
No.

f(x,twat) = 2x^5 - 7(twat^-0.5)

so anyone who's not a twat is imaginary?
i don't know why i feel so dry
Realizing that hard work is better than being lazy all the time. 5 years ago, I realized this. And it has changed me.
Quote by Eastwinn
so anyone who's not a twat is imaginary?

Quote by Carmel

ಠ_ಠ
I can't say i've had any events such as a loved ones death, or contracting an illness, or falling in love. I can say though that over the past couple of years my way of thinking has changed a lot. I'm a lot less cynical and pessimistic than i use to be, my outlook on life is different, i want to help people instead of just avoiding them or thinking about how awful they are. I feel older finally, and i don't mean in the way of "when i was your age we had to walk to school in the snow!", but that i've gained a lot of experience that i can share with others and hopefully help them make correct decisions.
Sail upon the open skies
Quote by ultimate-slash

That would be no person tho
Quote by ErikLensherr
Did you hear about the cockney Godfather?

He made them an offer they couldn't understand.
Quote by steve_muse
That would be no person tho

I'd say that would be just the genetic you, wouldn't it? Unless you're saying babies aren't people, which is very true.

^pretty much
Quote by ErikLensherr
Did you hear about the cockney Godfather?

He made them an offer they couldn't understand.
Quote by Philip_pepper
What about you, TS?

1. 5 years ago I was 17 and a bit of an awkward virgin. I could speak to girls and had a ton of girls that liked me, but I could never get the next step because I either didn't get their signals, or just didn't know how to initiate physical stuff. Getting a new group of crazier friends getting me out of my comfort zone was a big change in my life. I became a lot more confident, especially with girls and generally just improved myself socially.

2. At age 18 I went to Uni. This was a huge change for me. I became much more independent, learned to cook, took control of my social life even more, and just learned life skills. I had a pretty miserable time in halls but I think overall I came out as a better person for it, as I had to find people to live with completely independent of everything. Gave me good initiative. Also taught me I had to be selfish and live for myself sometimes

3. In the second year of uni I met a girl, and I liked her. And she liked me back for once. We got into a relationship and had a great time. This probably changed me the most as a person, I changed a lot of my habits, became more spontaneous and got experience of being loved truly for once. This was life defining for me and I feel much more rounded for this.

4. I also failed my first ever exams in the second year of uni. I had always excelled academically so this hurt for me but taught me that things aren't always a breeze. I went off a bit off the rails at this point in my life but it taught me to deal when things don't always go with me.

5. I've recently graduated and now my life is completely up in the air. I feel a lot of uncertainty and honestly could see myself becoming miserable when I move back with my parents in Essex...but we'll see how I will deal with this and getting a job and not being in the "university bubble".

Overall I have become far more confident as a person, more spontaneous and willing to try new things, and a lot more social and able to deal with things life throws at me.

longing rusted furnace daybreak seventeen benign nine homecoming one freight car
As trivial as they sound, getting rid of my Facebook and breaking my smartphone definitely changed the way I am.

I've really come to realize how completely pointless and stupid social media is. I've also realized how stupid most people are when it comes to technology (i.e. everybody wants a smartphone, yet nobody actually needs one and most people don't have any clue how to use them constructively, but instead just use them to get on Facebook and play shitty games).

The problem with this is that I work in the electronics dept. at a store, and yet, I'm almost at the point of completely despising technology all together. It just seems like every customer who comes in is a complete moron with no business being there. If I had a nickel for every time someone asked me to do something simple with their phone and used the excuse that they're a "technological idiot", I'd be able to retire by now. Here's a thought: if you're so technologically stupid, why did you get a ****ing phone that you don't even know how to operate?
Quote by SteveHouse
This thread is officially about sucking Sleaze off for a sig.

Quote by tayroar
Hey Sleaze I'll give you a blowjob if you sig me. Maybe even some nudey photos?

Quote by crazy8rgood

Sleaze, that made me lulz in my pants.

Quote by 36mikeyb36
hahaha Sleaze i'd give you my mom for that one.
Quote by EndTheRapture51
1. 5 years ago I was 17 and a bit of an awkward virgin. I could speak to girls and had a ton of girls that liked me, but I could never get the next step because I either didn't get their signals, or just didn't know how to initiate physical stuff. Getting a new group of crazier friends getting me out of my comfort zone was a big change in my life. I became a lot more confident, especially with girls and generally just improved myself socially.

2. At age 18 I went to Uni. This was a huge change for me. I became much more independent, learned to cook, took control of my social life even more, and just learned life skills. I had a pretty miserable time in halls but I think overall I came out as a better person for it, as I had to find people to live with completely independent of everything. Gave me good initiative. Also taught me I had to be selfish and live for myself sometimes

3. In the second year of uni I met a girl, and I liked her. And she liked me back for once. We got into a relationship and had a great time. This probably changed me the most as a person, I changed a lot of my habits, became more spontaneous and got experience of being loved truly for once. This was life defining for me and I feel much more rounded for this.

4. I also failed my first ever exams in the second year of uni. I had always excelled academically so this hurt for me but taught me that things aren't always a breeze. I went off a bit off the rails at this point in my life but it taught me to deal when things don't always go with me.

5. I've recently graduated and now my life is completely up in the air. I feel a lot of uncertainty and honestly could see myself becoming miserable when I move back with my parents in Essex...but we'll see how I will deal with this and getting a job and not being in the "university bubble".

Overall I have become far more confident as a person, more spontaneous and willing to try new things, and a lot more social and able to deal with things life throws at me.

When you moving back to your parents?
Tomorrow. It's going to be so boring. All my mates from uni are scattered about the country, my mates from home bar 1 are either at uni or travelling.

It was the same with me man, we all scattered or are scattering. That's the big anti-climax with uni. People go back home and/or find jobs scattered around the country. Sucks balls. It's almost as if those friendships hardly mattered.

And you might be surprised, going back home might not be so bad. It sounds worse than it is.
Quote by Philip_pepper
It was the same with me man, we all scattered or are scattering. That's the big anti-climax with uni. People go back home and/or find jobs scattered around the country. Sucks balls. It's almost as if those friendships hardly mattered.

And you might be surprised, going back home might not be so bad. It sounds worse than it is.

Graduation was the biggest anti-climax ever. We all just went home with our families, no massive party or crazy drunken night out...maddest 4 years of our lives and it ended with a whimper.

I'm looking forward to being with my family but it's the uncertainty that's killing me. There's no great social life for me there any more, just a single friend, and although I enjoy the presence of my family and little home comforts like not having to worry about a stocked fridge and getting a hot meal cooked every night, it's going to suck having only my mum for company most of the day and not having a group of my good friends around the house to have a FIFA tournament whenever.

Plus the void of having nothing to do. Uni is tough work but it keeps you busy.

Page 1 of 3