Anyone here own a Classic Player Jazzmaster? As said in the title, I play a kind of stoner/alt/indie mixture with some classic rock/metal influences in standard and C# tuning like kyuss, nirvana, arctic monkeys, Rhcp and some clean barre chord songs a la Beatles. My rig as of right now consists of a cry baby, a boss ds2, a big muff and a tc flashback into a roland cube 20xl, but I plan on getting an orange half stack in the future. The classic player jazzmaster has really caught my eye on how it goes well with pedals, which is an important part of my sound. In general, is this guitar right for me? If not, feel free to recommend some other kind of fender
Blacktop Special Edition Jazzmaster This Jazzmaster was just released today, I certainly like it, you'd have to try it first, as would I. It would probably pull of what you want it to, more or less. Just a suggestion. It goes for only $500 USD. Good luck
Last edited by bandito764 at Aug 30, 2014,
It's like a blacktop jag with a weird red recing stripe.

That's not really a Jazzmaster though. If you're looking for a not-jazzmaster jazzmaster, the Jim Root one looks awesome as well
My store's got two CP Jazzmasters. Really, really solid guitars. I would definitely recommend putting some .10-.52's on them at least, they really shine with heavier gauges.
Should do well. What's your budget? And any reason why Fender only?
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

Why, yes, I am a lawyer- thanks for asking!

Log off and play yer guitar!

Strap on, tune up, rock out!
Quote by dannyalcatraz
And any reason why Fender only?

Just cause I want a "proper" guitar that I can use and not be ashamed by the name on the headstock. You can only look so cool, and sound good with a $150 Epiphone.
Lots of brand names with serious cachet out there besides Fender. Find a good feeling, good sounding, well-made axe and if anyone gives you flak for the name on the headstock, teach them a history lesson and make them look a fool.
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

Fender especially have flooded the market with poor quality guitars recently. It says a lot that many people prefer the high-end Squiers to low end Fender guitars. So glad thst I'm a lefty & don't have all those models to tempt me. Although, Cyclone in left handed would be amazing.
The American Special disappointed me when we got it in. Plus, it's actually got covered humbuckers, not a true Jazzmaster pickup.

Le0n, on my walls I have 4 different types of Jazzmaster. a J Mascis Squier, a Classic Player, an American Special, and a 65' AVRI. If I had my choice of any of them, it'd be the Classic Player.

Danny, I have learned that when a man decides he wants a Jazzmaster, there's no dissuading him, haha. I'd prefer an ASAT Special myself.
Quote by JustRooster

Danny, I have learned that when a man decides he wants a Jazzmaster, there's no dissuading him, haha.

Oh, I understand the heart wanting what it wants. In our house, we call that "The Lesson of the Bose Speakers."

I was just curious as to why "other options" were being limited to Fenders.

I'd prefer an ASAT Special myself.

I know that of you...and likewise, you could probably guess what brand I'd buy!

Last edited by dannyalcatraz at Aug 31, 2014,