So basically, I've posted my Trinity 2x12 guitar cab on Kijiji for $180 and I've been counter-offered a trade for this boutique overdrive/distortion pedal (worth $250 new): Ilitich Deep Blues DDO http://www.ilitchelectronics.com/deep-blues-ddo/

Problem is I can't find any reviews or even YouTube videos about this pedal. All there is are a bunch of sound samples on that link that frankly aren't too convincing...I was wondering if anyone around the U.G. hood had any experience with this pedal and if so, what are your thoughts?

P.S. - I've also been offered another trade for a Fulltone OCD and Boss SD-1...so I'm kinda debating what to do now since I know the OCD is a very reputable OD.

Help?
I don't know about that Deep Blues DDO, but the OCD goes for 140$ new and the SD-1 50$ which makes 190$ for both new. Dosent seem like a good deal there since for only 10$ more (excluding tax) you could get them both new.

Maybe you should try this Deep Blues pedal and decide if it's worth 180$ sonically.
Do you really need or want an overdrive pedal?

If the answer is yes, try it. If you like it, go for it.
But I wouldn't value that pedal at more than $150 in second hand, even if the owner just got it and it's in perfect shape. Also, I don't know that pedal and chances are, most people don't know it as well, so that will affect its resale/trade value in the future if you ever want to get rid of it. Just something to keep in mind.

If not, wait for another trade offer to pop up or for someone to buy.
Both those trade offers seem low and unattractive to me, I wouldn't take either of them. A good 2x12" cab is always an interesting item, while with an overdrive pedal, it depends.
Squier "VMC" Stratocaster
PRS SE Singlecut
tc electronic polytune
CMAT MODS Signa Drive
Blakemore Effects Deus Ex Machina
DIY gaussmarkov Dr. Boogey
EHX Small Clone
Mooer ShimVerb
DIY Beavis Devolt
T-REX Fuel Tank Chameleon
Ampeg GVT52-112
Do you really need or want an overdrive pedal?

A good 2x12" cab is always an interesting item, while with an overdrive pedal, it depends.

Good point!
yeah but the thing is, the speakers inside the 2x12 are just some 80watt japanese brand speakers...they dont sound bad at all but they're no celestions I can say that much. Plus i have 2 combo amps.

But yeah I guess I'll have to try it out and see if its worth it
Get your base sound right first (amp, speakers and pickups) before spending big dollars on pedals. A Klon in front of a Behringer V-amp, fed with a first act strat is still gonna sound like shite.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
Boutique ODs should not be considered valuable in a trade unless you’re a pedal collector. EHX and Joyo make inexpensive overdrives that cost much less than cork-sniffer pedals.
Unfortunately though, Joyos are built by dyslexic monkeys on meth.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
Quote by Cathbard
Unfortunately though, Joyos are built by dyslexic monkeys on meth.

Baaahaha!!! Good thing I wasn't sipping the ale when I read this. Saved by a nose.

No Joyos on my pedal board either.

If you want a quality OD pedal to drive tubes, OCD is a good choice. It doesn't sound great through everything but through a Mesa clean chnl or Fender BF it is pretty sweet.
"Your sound is in your hands as much as anything. It's the way you pick, and the way you hold the guitar, more than it is the amp or the guitar you use." -- Stevie Ray Vaughan

"Anybody can play. The note is only 20 percent. The attitude of the motherfucker who plays it is 80 percent." -- Miles Davis

Guthrie on tone: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zmohdG9lLqY