3 8%
Gen V
1 3%
Gen VI
4 10%
Tom. Muthafu*ckin. Bombadil.
7 18%
Voters: 40.
So, Pit, what Pokemon generation has your favourite starters?

I don't mean to state your favourite generation based on the one Pokemon you lioke, I mean the three in total.

Like, my favourite starter is Charizard, but I think the generation with the coolest starters is Gen III (Ruby and Sapphire)

'Cause they're all awesome. Sceptile kicks ass, Blaziken is awesome,and Swampert is the best water type starter there is.

Gen I pretty much ties with it, just that I think that Sceptile and Swampert and are cooler than Blastoise and Venosaur.

Gen II pretty much sucks, the only cool Pokemon is Typlhlosion. Now he is awesome as f*ck. One of my favourites.

Didn't like anything from Gen IV

I haven't played the others, but I will include them for those who have.

Incoming poll.
Never imagine yourself not to be otherwise than what it might appear to others that what you were or might have been was not otherwise than what you had been would have appeared to them to be otherwise
Quote by Deliriumbassist
Not a single mention of a starter Pokemon in OP.

Ok, fine, I'm meaning the final evolutions. Still, the question is valid
Never imagine yourself not to be otherwise than what it might appear to others that what you were or might have been was not otherwise than what you had been would have appeared to them to be otherwise
1 and 2
Quote by Axelfox
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
I also have to do that. Cottaging this weekend
my fav starter is gastly >:-)

The gen that has Charmander would be my definite favourite even if the other two were crap. Which isn't the case.

Gen III has also pretty cool starters though.
I haven't played Pokémon since 6th grade, I had no idea people were still playing this.
Some see the glass half full, others see the glass half empty. Me? I see that the glass is refillable.
Quote by WCPhils
all but 1 can **** off

lol nah my level 90-something Sceptile will **** you up.

Same with my Politoed.
Gen 1 hands down. Plus, the pokemon looked better before the show came out and they streamlined the look. Remember how evil Charmander looked? And not starters, but Gyrados and Haunter looked bad as **** too.

EDIT: For reference
Last edited by mjones1992 at Aug 30, 2014,
I want to say 2 but Meganium ruins everything. I'm not a fan of the starters in the later gens, so I think 1 or 3.

Quote by Wormholes
Pokemon post gen1 is irrelevant in every meaning of the word.

oh boy here we go
Quote by Wormholes
Pokemon post gen1 is irrelevant in every meaning of the word.

Like let's be real though, Gen II is pretty much objectively better in almost every way.
it's all just coming back
it's all coming back

it's all coming back to me
Quote by slipknot5678
lol nah my level 90-something Sceptile will **** you up.

Same with my Politoed.

I like Cameltoed.

Quote by Pastafarian96
I an evety characyer in this story
Quote by Baby Joel
Like let's be real though, Gen II is pretty much objectively better in almost every way.

except for the part where they don't let you catch all the best ones from gen 1 without a second console, the previous game and a link cable cause nintendo are money loving bastards and everything like that

^Yeah I hate that aspect of Pokemon. Stupid trade-evolutions and version exclusives go with that too.

Quote by Baby Joel

Gen II, Gen III, and Gen IV are the best as far as the pokemon go. The games get better as they go tbh, though like I said I never played Gen VI.
ffs I have to lay down the law every time

2=6>4>1>>>>>>>>3>>>literal shit>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>5
Gen one and three, gen one for nostalgia and gen iii because they are the best competitivly overall.

Edit, screw gen two and five right in the arse for having ugly non competivly viable starter pokemon.
Quote by joshua garcia
I was incredibly drunk and only really remember writing a fanfic where ESP was getting porked by a pony.

Quote by guitar0player
I'd honestly fap to anything with a set of genitals as long as I find it aesthetically appealing.
Last edited by losing battle at Aug 30, 2014,
Artistically speaking I think the Pokemon in Gen I and II and to a lesser extent III just looked and were designed way better than the later generations.

Most of them looked great in their simplistic designs, whereas later pokemon are a modern art cluster**** that have waay too much going on

But for a competitive standpoint I think Gen IV is basically where it's at. They got the Special Attacks/Physical Attacks sorted out and added a bunch more flexibility as far as battling strategy is concerned.

Jesus Christ I haven't played Pokemon in a looong time and I still sound like a nerd
Last edited by E7#9 at Aug 30, 2014,