I'll be building a 2 x 12 cab in the near future to pair with a Mesa Single Rec, and occasionally a Marshall JCM 900 and JTM 45. I've come across a Hellatone 60 and a 30W Celestion G12H for a decent price and was hoping for some opinions on those 2 speakers. As far as tone goes, I dig a real crunchy hard rock sound - think Mark Tremonti, or Airbourne for examples.

Lay it on me.
i imagine that'd work, but i haven't tried a single rec.

also a g12h30 messes with your wattage handling (a v30 alone handles 60 watts while a v30 + g12h30 handles... 60 watts ), so maybe if you could find a creamback version of the 75Hz g12h30 that might be a better idea. it might be harder to find for cheap, though.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
I like the V30 and G12h30 mix, one of my favorite combos actually
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
I quite like it too, but when there's a higher-wattage version of the g12h30 now...
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by Dave_Mc
I quite like it too, but when there's a higher-wattage version of the g12h30 now...

Yeah way more versitile
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate

(assuming it sounds close to the g12h30 )
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
I think I may go for this combo. I've seen a few demos on youtube and I'm liking the mix of the 2 speakers. I'll probably have them in the next couple of days.