Just took my mom out for dinner tonight, I bought a burger for myself and a rack of ribs for her for $40 and I tipped the waiter $10. I felt like that was reasonable. The service was good, but not exemplary, I felt like they skimped out a bit on the portion sizes, but all in all I figured $10 was a fair tip, that's around 25%. How much do you guys tip?
Wow what a topic.
There's nothing left here to be saved
Just barreling dogs and barking trains
Another year lost to the blue line
When I'm in a culture that has an expectation of tipping (ie America) I will tip the appropriate amount (10% for delivery, 15% for waiter type service, 20% if I'm generous). If I"m not in a culture that has an expectation of tipping (ie UK) I won't tip.

there game over please no one post now
it's all just coming back
it's all coming back

it's all coming back to me
Depends. Good service usually between 10 - 15. Average 3 - 7.

I went out to a local restaurant a few days ago with a friend and the dude that waited us was friggen awesome so I left him $20.

Im a big tipper, I know that customer service is ****ing dreadful so hopefully a good bit of money helps make the job a bit easier.
Sail upon the open skies
Quote by Weaponized
I always bring my handy ti-84 with me to calculate the exact right amount to tip

Geezer! They got calculators on the telephones these days.
$10 was definitely a good tip.

Portion size isn't any reflection of the service. That comes down to the cooks/management who don't get the tips.

But good on you for being a good tipper.
BOOM-SHAKALAKALAKA-BOOM-SHAKALAKUNGA
15% standard unless the service is so terrible that it overwhelms my inability to come across as rude. I give big tips if somebody goes out of their way to do something nice that they did not have to do or if they just did their job really well.
Quote by angusfan16
Depends. Good service usually between 10 - 15. Average 3 - 7.

I went out to a local restaurant a few days ago with a friend and the dude that waited us was friggen awesome so I left him $20.

Im a big tipper, I know that customer service is ****ing dreadful so hopefully a good bit of money helps make the job a bit easier.

Are those numbers dollars or percent?
I'm a pretty generous tipper. Mainly, because I know what it's like to depend on tips for income.
I don't tip
dirtbag ballet by the bins down the alley
as i walk through the chalet of the shadow of death
everything that you've come to expect

25%-30% then rounded up. all depends on what's easiest to do in my head.
i don't know why i feel so dry
Quote by Eastwinn
25%-30% then rounded up. all depends on what's easiest to do in my head.

you tip that much every time you go to a restaurant? you must not go to many lol jeez
Quote by Thrashtastic15
you tip that much every time you go to a restaurant? you must not go to many lol jeez

i try not to. even if i didn't tip at all i'd be wasting my money.
i don't know why i feel so dry
Tipping in America is bullshit and I basically only do it on the off chance they recognize my face and give me bad service next time
Last edited by soundgarden1986 at Aug 30, 2014,
Quote by deadsmileyface
****ing stingy europeans all up in this thread

dead pls no don't do this you don't know
it's all just coming back
it's all coming back

it's all coming back to me
Quote by deadsmileyface
****ing stingy europeans all up in this thread

or stingy american employers

dirtbag ballet by the bins down the alley
as i walk through the chalet of the shadow of death