I am a guitar player who wants to record guitar and vocals using an app for an ipad. I was hoping to be able to program drums and bass, to have a "full" rock band. In the past I was able to do this using cakewalk pro 9, but now I'd like to switch to something new, and to use my ipad.

Can anyone recommend what app would be best for this? And what other external equipment I would need?
You can get garage band and logic on ipads (both of which will come with drum and bass machines of varying quality.) You can get jampro as an amp sim, as well as Amplitube and Line6's Podfarm I believe. There also exist a plethora of ipad centric guitar interfaces for recording.
All I want is for everyone to go to hell...
...It's the last place I was seen before I lost myself

Quote by DisarmGoliath
You can be the deputy llamma of the recordings forum!
An app called Audiobus will help you use different apps such as jam up pro or synths into the recording software your using.
Quote by ChemicalFire
You can get garage band and logic on ipads (both of which will come with drum and bass machines of varying quality.) You can get jampro as an amp sim, as well as Amplitube and Line6's Podfarm I believe. There also exist a plethora of ipad centric guitar interfaces for recording.

Ummmm you can get a logic controller app, but not actual Logic. That said, garageband is more than adequate and it's only like $5 last I checked, so just start with that. The features are pretty deep and you can get some decent scratch demos out of it, and if you put in enough time and effort some pretty good demos in general!
Telecaster - SG - Jaguar
Princeton Reverb, Extra Reverb
P-Bass - Mustang Bass
Apogee Duet 2 - Ableton Suite
You will need a DAW.
I second the garageband idea.

The you'll need an audio interface.
If it's only for guitar I'd go for the apogee jam, while if it's for guitar and mic and different stuff, get a camera connection kit and use whatever USB class compliant audio interface.
Name's Luca.

Quote by OliOsbourne
I don't know anything about this topic, but I just clicked on this thread because of your username :O
Quote by Cajundaddy
Clue: amplifiers amplify so don't turn it on if you need quiet.
Quote by chrismendiola
I guess spambots are now capable of reading minds.