I have a black Epiphone Les Paul Custom Pro, gold hardware. (2012 model)

Someone just offered to trade me their Schecter Damien Solo Elite for it. Trans Black. (Unsure of year ATM, he is going to send a pic of the serial when he gets home)

I know the Epi has passive pups, and the Schecter has EMG81/85. My other guitar is a Schecter Blackjack SLS C-7 Hell's Gate (2013), which obviously had the SD Blackouts. I know there's a difference in the two, because I had (prior) a Hellraiser C1 FR with the same EMGs.

Both the Epi and his Schecter are in near mint condition. Buts here's my dilemma...

The Schecter has a bolt on neck, personally I think EMGs sound a bit raw, with high mids. I already have 1 guitar with active Pups, but I honestly think the SD Blackouts sound pretty close to passive in terms of warm, smooth tones. The LP Custom Pro has coil splits, adding, essentially, 5 more pickup configurations.

What do you guys think? Deal or no deal?
Probably not worth it when you already have a Blackjack.
Quote by TheSennaj
And well yes, I'll enjoy the carpal tunnel and tendonitis, because trying to get one is clearly smarter than any word you have spoken thus far.
That's what I was thinking, specially since the Blackjack has superior (In my opinion) pickups. And I have a thing where, to me, bolt necks look cheap, again, personal preference.

However, I got the Epi second hand, with a roadrunner case at GC for just $399.
Could this be a possible TRADE UP? Because I'm ultimately trying to replace the Epi with a nice solid Acoustic-Electric.
I really prefer EMG's when they're 18v modded to blackouts.

But honestly, just get an acoustic electric and not another Schecter because it just does not make sense.
Quote by TheSennaj
And well yes, I'll enjoy the carpal tunnel and tendonitis, because trying to get one is clearly smarter than any word you have spoken thus far.
Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
I really prefer EMG's when they're 18v modded to blackouts.

But honestly, just get an acoustic electric and not another Schecter because it just does not make sense.

I never have heard them with the 18v mod, personally at least.

But I do agree with you, the more I think about it, the more I wonder why I even posted this thread.
Keep the Epi, it gives you more versatility, especially considering you already own a different Schecter.
My Gear:
Epiphone Les Paul Standard Plus Top
Schecter Damien Platinum FR
Yamaha FG700S (Acoustic)
Peavey Vypyr
Fender Mustang I
I don't think it's a fair trade. The Damiens aren't bad, but I wouldn't trade the Epi for a bolt-on Schecter. I got my Solo for $350, which I would call a fair trade for the Epi.

But if you're GAS-ing for an acoustic-electric, there's no reason to get a Schecter with EMGs.