Very atmospheric piece of music indeed. Pity it wasn't longer Really cool track which, in my opinion, deserves better production. Not that I am very experienced in mixing and mastering, but I would certainly put mooooore reverb (and maybe delay)! And I don't like the drums sound too. Again, those are not problems with the music - it's very good! I love it when the piano kicks in at 00:38. Good job man.
Nice, I like this a lot. This reminds me of the song Medicine Wheel by Between The Buried And Me. As for ways of improving your song, I think a thick reverb on the snare would be great. Other than that everything sounds pretty good to me. Nice work
Nice composition. The introduction of the piano part around 0:40 which harmonised with the guitar/string part was really effective and I liked how everything faded out to the end to leave the piano part on its own.

I'd really appreciate if you could check out my thread here https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1655423 to have a listen to and review my track?

Thanks, M
Quote by Imraotnh
Very atmospheric piece of music indeed. Pity it wasn't longer Really cool track which, in my opinion, deserves better production. Not that I am very experienced in mixing and mastering, but I would certainly put mooooore reverb (and maybe delay)! And I don't like the drums sound too. Again, those are not problems with the music - it's very good! I love it when the piano kicks in at 00:38. Good job man.

Thank you. I definitely want to develop it into a longer piece of music in the future as I have some more parts I wrote. I think it sounds like it could be a recurring musical theme/motif in an album or a much longer piece of music, I'm not sure.

I've thought the same about the drum sound, but then it depends what ear phones I listen to it through, sometimes it sounds OK. If I listen to it with the right earphone in my left ear and vice versa the snare sounds 'tinny' and harsh 'cos our left ear hears frequencies differently to the right for some reason and I am just used to hearing it one way.
Last edited by JamesEden at Sep 28, 2014,
Sounds beautiful!
Love the synth sound and the piano pattern! Kick drum sounds a bit harsh for the peaceful nature of the song. I also thought it might be cool to have brushes instead of normal drumming. I don't know if it would work but that's just an idea.
Definitely looking forward to the longer version.
Quote by Akkeli
Sounds beautiful!
Love the synth sound and the piano pattern! Kick drum sounds a bit harsh for the peaceful nature of the song. I also thought it might be cool to have brushes instead of normal drumming. I don't know if it would work but that's just an idea.
Definitely looking forward to the longer version.

Thank you for your kind words! And good idea on using brushes, I'll try that if I can