Page 1 of 2
guys i have so much reading to do for school it sucks. i have like 30-60 pages of boring shit to read for EACH class. thats hundreds of pages in total to read about subjects I have literally no interest in learning or reading about. this semester is p lame im so tired of school man for real

how much shit do you guys have to do/read or whatever? i am too bored to go on with reading right now so im procrastinating hard
pinga
I don't have to do any reading because I don't go to school.

Also, because drugs.
Quote by snipelfritz
You lost me at "Lubricate."

I'm raw, like nature. Nature boy. Big jungle leaves are my cum rags.

Sometimes I fuck a bamboo shoot.

There's nothing left here to be saved
Just barreling dogs and barking trains
Another year lost to the blue line
Quote by Joshua Garcia
I don't have to do any reading because I don't go to school.

Also, because drugs.

this exactly
Quote by korinaflyingv
On the come up we were listening to Grateful Dead and the music started passing through my bowel and out my arsehole as this violet stream of light. I shat music. It was beautiful.
i'm going to have to read a lot of philosophy related stuff and history stuff soon but i like those things so
Quote by Sliide90027
But as a bigoted lemming, you have so cry an Alinslyite slur revealing you lack of reason and sense.

Quote by MusicLord16
BOB 1. ur 20 and two u like evil things and idk if u worship the devil
I don't know, once I got into what I was reading I found it pretty interesting. I didn't doing a whole bunch in high school though, cause I was in a vocational school taking a course on Baking and Pastries
i dont even mind reading. but i have to read about the civil war and an in depth look about the complexities about the word ''freedom''

man id rather become a mechanic **** all that
pinga
i have trouble reading so i try to avoid any class that involves reading
i don't know why i feel so dry
Oh my gooooooood, quit whining, scan it, and BS your way through like everyone else.
BOOM-SHAKALAKALAKA-BOOM-SHAKALAKUNGA
i don't think i've done a single assigned reading since leaving for school

i didn't even bother to buy textbooks last semester lol

my university experience has been a total disaster but it's def not cause i don't read >:-)

i've got 300+ math problems & 60+ pages of microbio to read
& labs & write ups and stuff.

deal with it.

Quote by Pastafarian96
I an evety characyer in this story
Quote by MinterMan22
i don't think i've done a single assigned reading since leaving for school

i didn't even bother to buy textbooks last semester lol

my university experience has been a total disaster but it's def not cause i don't read >:-)

same

same

same >:-)
it's all just coming back
it's all coming back

it's all coming back to me
I mean seriously does it HAVE to be so BORING?

if you can read through just a page of that without immediately falling asleep you deserve a medal. i swear it says the word freedom over 200 times in like 4 pages
pinga
yuck im not reading that

you guys think there is a more stimulating way of learning something? this is a serious question tho cause ive noticed the reason I and many others do poorly in a class is because the material or the way of learning something just isnt stimulating.

i get a lot of these classes that just assign the same dull ass reading for like 60 pages, and then next weeks assignment?....OH YAY MORE READING 100 MORE PAGES AND BTW EXAM NEXT MONDAY BASED ON THE READING HAVE FUN.

dude like for real on top of the fact that nobody gives a shit about this shit because it has nothing to do with their career/job path, its excruciatingly boring. there HAS to be a way to make this more interesting isnt there?
pinga
Hey, I stole this idea from lolmnt but it's been working for me. I have a stationary bike and I've been reading my assignments for school while riding it. So I workout like I was going to do anyway and do a lot of studying/reading at the same time. Could also work on a treadmill I guess, but probably not while running.

Works well for me
___

Quote by The_Blode
she was saying things like... do you want to netflix and chill but just the chill part...too bad she'll never know that I only like the Netflix part...
Quote by WCPhils
Hey, I stole this idea from lolmnt but it's been working for me. I have a stationary bike and I've been reading my assignments for school while riding it. So I workout like I was going to do anyway and do a lot of studying/reading at the same time. Could also work on a treadmill I guess, but probably not while running.

Works well for me

i can't split my attention to 2 separate things like that and expect to retain much of anything. if i'm studying i have to only be studying (none of that music in one ear, eating cereal or whatever stuff) otherwise it goes to shit.

kinda jealous of you but not really

that wouldnt work for me. aside from not actually having an exercise machine, im not very good at multitasking. i dont even like having music on when i study or do homework. i have to focus on something specific otherwise i just lose all concentration. im terrible at multitasking
pinga
Quote by MinterMan22
i can't split my attention to 2 separate things like that and expect to retain much of anything. if i'm studying i have to only be studying (none of that music in one ear, eating cereal or whatever stuff) otherwise it goes to shit.

kinda jealous of you but not really

Yea, I could see that if I was just starting or something. But I've been doing cardio stuff almost everyday for over a year now. I pretty much zone out the second I start at this point. So focusing on what I'm reading isn't too bad.
___

Quote by The_Blode
she was saying things like... do you want to netflix and chill but just the chill part...too bad she'll never know that I only like the Netflix part...
Quote by WCPhils

Works well for me

If you walk on a treadmill it's alright, but it's hard to run and read.
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano
i kinda wish we all had a penis and vagina instead of buttholes

i mean no offense to buttholes and poop or anything

Rest in Peace, Troy Davis and Trayvon Martin and Jordan Davis and Eric Garner and Mike Brown
i got like three worksheets on drawing clefs, notes and reading basic music notation. and in this class i'm spending a whole semester learning about this shit; the furthest we're getting is learning keys, intervals, and how to form basic triads (which i'm also doing in another class atm, and have done last semester already). maybe seventh chords if we're lucky.

it's like holy fuck, i don't even read sheet music on a regular basis and i know this shit. but considering all of the classes are geared to people in the animation, video game design, storytelling, etc. majors, they have to dumb it down to elementary school. it's so incredibly frustrating that i have to spend up to 3-4 hours a day doing this, paying out the ass to learn things i already know when i have ONE recording class every TWO days. for LESS than an hour.

should i mention this is the only required (wait, slash that, it is the only) class where we're in the studio regularly.

yeah, thanks for all the hands-on and such. i'm learning so much about the engineering process
Last edited by Dregen at Aug 31, 2014,
that's why i did computer science. got all my humanities stuff done within my first two years. didn't even read much of the textbooks in the last two years, just lecture slides and stuff.
Quote by archerygenious
Jesus Christ since when is the Pit a ****ing courtroom...

Like melodic, black, death, symphonic, and/or avant-garde metal? Want to collaborate? Message me!
Quote by Cb4rabid
i dont even mind reading. but i have to read about the civil war and an in depth look about the complexities about the word ''freedom''

man id rather become a mechanic **** all that

Quote by Cb4rabid
I mean seriously does it HAVE to be so BORING?

if you can read through just a page of that without immediately falling asleep you deserve a medal. i swear it says the word freedom over 200 times in like 4 pages

I would not mind doing your readings. There's worse out there.

I have a bunch of stuff to read too - scientific papers mostly, but also textbooks. I'm reading a book for fun on the side though so that makes everything better.

If you really wanna do something for me, do my linguistics homework. I have transcribe a short story into IPA in three different accents and I'm getting a sore throat from pronouncing everything in an exaggerated manner. Worst part is I can't do this work in public because people will think I'm talking to myself.
cat
Last edited by guitarxo at Aug 31, 2014,
Quote by guitarxo
I have transcribe a short story into IPA

That makes me hoppy!
BOOM-SHAKALAKALAKA-BOOM-SHAKALAKUNGA
I am a terrible reader and lose interest quickly unless it's the rare case of a novel that has really captivated me. The picture you posted from the book, yeah I would probably not be able to get through more than a chapter before saying "**** this."

That being said, you can almost always still learn all of the information required to do well in the class without actually reading the textbook word for word. Usually the class syllabus will tell you the main topics that you learn about each week, and the lectures and assignments will confirm what you really need to know. Then you can skim the textbook and find only the most pertinent little parts, or just google them.
Quote by captainsnazz
wait until u go 2 uni and have to read about stuff u actually kinda care about and it kills it for u lel

"College" is uni in the US, you silly Brit.
Quote by crazysam23_Atax
"College" is uni in the US, you silly Brit.

he's referring more to the different system where in the US, you have to do undergrad crap before going into your actual programme, and this requires you to take classes you have no interest in. Whereas in the UK, you go straight into your programme, and all of the classes you take directly relate to your desired degree.
it's all just coming back
it's all coming back

it's all coming back to me
Quote by Baby Joel
he's referring more to the different system where in the US, you have to do undergrad crap before going into your actual programme, and this requires you to take classes you have no interest in. Whereas in the UK, you go straight into your programme, and all of the classes you take directly relate to your desired degree.

nah i actually thought TS was in high school
forgot americans mix all the terms up

didn't know about that stuff you just wrote, sounds dumb
Page 1 of 2