Page 1 of 3
Im 80% sure my GF is prego. Have any of you had to deal with this? Tips tricks concerns on how to break it to the parents, preparing for the kid any advice would help! ....
Quote by captainsnazz
"hey parents i am pregnant LOL that came out wrong my girlfriend is pregnant haha"

post of the month :')

Quote by johntomg93
Im 80% sure my GF is prego. Have any of you had to deal with this? Tips tricks concerns on how to break it to the parents, preparing for the kid any advice would help! ....

Here's how you deal with it.

1) Get a job.
2) Assure her that you will support her decision, whatever that is.
3) Do everything you can to support her, whether that's being there for her or marrying her (depending on her and her family). Whatever. Be there when it's tough and when it's easy.

You might have a kid. Or at the least, have to make an adult decision about a kid-to-be. So, grow up, be responsible, and deal with it.

Edit:
Btw...congrats, man!
Last edited by crazysam23_Atax at Aug 31, 2014,
Quote by crazysam23_Atax
Here's how you deal with it.

1) Get a job.
2) Assure her that you will support her decision, whatever that is.
3) Do everything you can to support her, whether that's being there for her or marrying her (depending on her and her family). Whatever.

You might have a kid. Or at the least, have to make an adult decision about a kid-to-be. So, grow up, be responsible, and deal with it.

Edit:
Btw...congrats, man!

:')
Just realize that, just because your girlfriend is pregnant, it does NOT mean you have to get married.
Some see the glass half full, others see the glass half empty. Me? I see that the glass is refillable.
Sex before marriage? What a naughty boy we've been.

Seriously, have some common sense. Telling your parents that your GF is pregnant with your child and that they're going to become grandparents isn't an appropriate time to attempt any 'tricks'. Tell it to them straight and honest. Openly accept responsibility.
Quote by Axelfox
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
I also have to do that. Cottaging this weekend
Last edited by T00DEEPBLUE at Aug 31, 2014,
get an abortion, if u have to ask an internet message board this kinda shit u aint ready to be a parent
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers

If women can be annoyed there arent any women incongress I should be allowed to be pissed off there are no members of pink floyd or the beatles in congress.
Quote by TunerAddict
get an abortion, if u have to ask an internet message board this kinda shit u aint ready to be a parent

yep
Quote by NewDayHappy
Just realize that, just because your girlfriend is pregnant, it does NOT mean you have to get married.

No, but you should do what's best for you AND her.
Quote by crazysam23_Atax

getting married may not be whats best for the both of them

it can be, but it doesn't mean it has to be
Quote by DonGlover

You look like a young Eugene Levy, but with a moustache.

Quote by slapsymcdougal
Quote by Dreadnought
Kicking a man when he's down, I'm proud of you

When they're down is the safest time.

Soundcloud
Sharks Stanley Cup 15-16
Sharks Stanley Cup 16-17,,,,?
Quote by Philip_pepper
1. Get passport
2. Buy flight to Mexico.
3. Freedom.

4. Make meth money
5. Come back
6. Buy the girls love back with your monies.
Dance in the moonlight my old friend twilight

Quote by metal4eva_22
What's this about ****ing corpses? My UG senses were tingling.
Quote by crazysam23_Atax

Most she can take out of him is 17% if they don't get married, if he does get married she can take 50%.
Some see the glass half full, others see the glass half empty. Me? I see that the glass is refillable.
Also, getting married because you have a kid on its way is an awful reason to get married.

Quote by metal4eva_22
Quote by skylerjames13
getting married may not be whats best for the both of them

it can be, but it doesn't mean it has to be

Agreed.

I'm not saying they have to get married. Only they can decide that. If it is the best for both of them, great. If not, great.

Quote by NewDayHappy
Most she can take out of him is 17% if they don't get married, if he does get married she can take 50%.

Yes...and? Who says they'd get divorced?

Why is that your first thought? Don't be so negative, man.

Quote by Nero Galon
Also, getting married because you have a kid on its way is an awful reason to get married.

What if TS and his girl actually love each other? Because loving each other is a pretty good reason to get married.

And, see what I mentioned above.
Quote by crazysam23_Atax
Agreed.

I'm not saying they have to get married. Only they can decide that. If it is the best for both of them, great. If not, great.

Yes...and? Who says they'd get divorced?

What if TS and his girl actually love each other? Because loving each other is a pretty good reason to get married.

And, see what I mentioned above.

Assuming they do love each other, then fine, but it wouldn't be the first time someone felt pressured into getting married because of a child on the way. Having a child is a huge commitment on its own, I wouldn't want a volatile contract on top of that.

Quote by metal4eva_22
Quote by Nero Galon
Assuming they do love each other, then fine, but it wouldn't be the first time someone felt pressured into getting married because of a child on the way. Having a child is a huge commitment on its own, I wouldn't want a volatile contract on top of that.

Yeah, of course.

Good post, man. Good post.
One you need support her. She is going need someone to compassionate and lead her thought this. Second you need start learning about how to be a father. Ever child needs a leader in life to guide them.

There is not going be a easy way to tell you family. You are just going have to do it.
"Music became a healer for me. And I learned to listen with all my being. I found that it could wipe away all the emotions of fear and confusion relating to my family." Eric Clapton
Quote by crazysam23_Atax
Agreed.

I understand sam. Your parents probably had a wonderful marriage, no fighting, no getting the cops called, no arrests, no accusations. Mine didn't.
Quote by NewDayHappy
I understand sam. Your parents probably had a wonderful marriage, no fighting, no getting the cops called, no arrests, no accusations. Mine didn't.

Actually, no. My parents had a few shit moments, really. (Everyone does.)

But just because your parents (and you) had a rough time doesn't mean that, on the assumption TS and his girl love each other and decide to get married, they're going to get divorced. You may not like the idea of marriage (I can't say I blame you), but you shouldn't project your dislike of marriage onto other people by bringing up divorce as the first thing.
Quote by NewDayHappy

I actually have parents that are divorced. However I feel most marriage can be healed by both parties willing work on it. I agree that family thrive when the father and mother are together. However I also understand there are horrible situations where it can not happen, but I feel like a normal situation where two are willing work on it and love each other a marriage thrive.

Edit: I will say this that marriage does not fix a relationship. Just because they are having kid may not mean they should get married. I recommend it, however if I knew more details I may not. However if is a healthy relationship, it would be great move from this point.
"Music became a healer for me. And I learned to listen with all my being. I found that it could wipe away all the emotions of fear and confusion relating to my family." Eric Clapton
Last edited by Blackwaterson89 at Aug 31, 2014,
Quote by NewDayHappy

Who gives a shit. Don't try to taint someone else's life experiences with your negative bullshit.

My God, it's full of stars!
Last three posts (sam to dread) have been ace :thumbup:
it's all just coming back
it's all coming back

it's all coming back to me
Quote by crazysam23_Atax
Actually, no. My parents had a few shit moments, really.

But just because your parents (and you) had a rough time doesn't mean that, on the assumption TS and his girl love each other and decide to get married, they're going to get divorced. You may not like the idea of marriage (I can't say I blame you), but you shouldn't project your dislike of marriage onto other people by bringing up divorce as the first thing.

Sam, you disagree with me in such a likeable way it's hard to combat you. I'm not totally against the idea of marriage, but I am totally against it if your only reason for getting married is a child.
Quote by Baby Joel
Last three posts (sam to dread) have been ace :thumbup:

Quote by NewDayHappy
Sam, you disagree with me in such a likeable way it's hard to combat you. I'm not totally against the idea of marriage, but I am totally against it if your only reason for getting married is a child.

Well, if the bolded is true, I'd kind of be against it, too.
I mean statistically, it's 50/50 he'll get divorced. Probably higher since he's young and it's because of a pregnancy. Get real yo
Check out my band Disturbed
Quote by crazysam23_Atax

it's all just coming back
it's all coming back

it's all coming back to me
Quote by Baby Joel, Crazzy Sam, et. al.

i don't know why i feel so dry
Quote by StewieSwan
I mean statistically, it's 50/50 he'll get divorced. Probably higher since he's young and it's because of a pregnancy. Get real yo

Way to fail at statistics.

Whether or not that statistic is accurate, it still says that one half of marriages end in divorce, not that every marriage has a one half chance of succeeding. That's not how statistics work.
My God, it's full of stars!
Quote by crazysam23_Atax

Well, if the bolded is true, I'd kind of be against it, too.

Maybe there is hope for me, I will hold out for that perfect flower.
Quote by StewieSwan

Actually 50/50 is a myth, the rate of divorce is lower then that. There actually been studies on it. It's actually more like 20 to 25%.

http://www.truthorfiction.com/rumors/d/divorce.htm#.VAPj0vldVqE

http://www.cbn.com/cbnnews/us/2014/May/Divorce-Shocker-Most-Marriages-Do-Make-It/
Last edited by Blackwaterson89 at Aug 31, 2014,
Page 1 of 3