Hi, I have trouble not making the last note of a repeating pattern stop playing when I move on. Aforementioned pattern is shown here:

Mr Crowley Solo Beginning; I have trouble making the "15" stop ringing

E -------1713----1713---1713----
B ------------15------15------15

Or

Phantom of the Opera (Bit before main riff); I have trouble making the "12" stop ringing

E ------1512---1512---1512----
B ----------12------12------12--

Can anyone correct my technique, note that E string is a pull off (17 to 13 and 15 to 12) but the B is a pluck
For me, in the first song, I'd use the tip of my finger pressing 13 to mute the B string when it's not being played. As for the second song, since it's the same fret, I sort of roll my finger between the B and e strings (I still have trouble doing it right on the Life On The Fast Lane intro).

There might be other ways but that's how I'd personally do it.
I'll break it down how id do it. Personally.

E ---17-13----17-13----17-13----
B ---------15-------15-------15-

17th would be pinky, pull off to index on 13th, raise index, then Ring on 15th, raise, and repeat.

Or  Phantom of the Opera (Bit before main riff); I have trouble making the "12" stop ringing   
E ---15-12---15-12---15-12----
B ---------12------12------12-

Pinky on 15th, pull off to index on 12th, Raise index and play 12 on B with F-You, repeat.
Quote by Arron_Zacx
For me, in the first song, I'd use the tip of my finger pressing 13 to mute the B string when it's not being played. As for the second song, since it's the same fret, I sort of roll my finger between the B and e strings (I still have trouble doing it right on the Life On The Fast Lane intro).

There might be other ways but that's how I'd personally do it.

I don't mean to sound patronising, but have you heard the speed of the solo?
If not, its at about 3:50

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jut6H2EMMxs

I don't think that muting it will work, but i'll give It a try, thanks
Quote by Will Lane
Try tapping.

Tapping works with Mr Crowley but not so much with Phantom of the Opera as its the 7th, 12th and 15th Frets, which I can't reach very well.
Any other ideas?
Quote by fragydig529
I'll break it down how id do it. Personally.

E ---17-13----17-13----17-13----
B ---------15-------15-------15-

17th would be pinky, pull off to index on 13th, raise index, then Ring on 15th, raise, and repeat.

Or  Phantom of the Opera (Bit before main riff); I have trouble making the "12" stop ringing   
E ---15-12---15-12---15-12----
B ---------12------12------12-

Pinky on 15th, pull off to index on 12th, Raise index and play 12 on B with F-You, repeat.

Great finger placement but I am trying to stop the 15th and 12th ringing during the 17/13 and 15/12 after the first repetition
Quote by Spriggs05
I don't mean to sound patronising, but have you heard the speed of the solo?
If not, its at about 3:50

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jut6H2EMMxs

I don't think that muting it will work, but i'll give It a try, thanks

Don't know why but I was thinking of the first solo. That bit, I'm not entirely sure, but I'm guessing you can lightly un-press the b string every time (really hard actually now that I just tried it) or (this is what I do) use the tip of the finger to mute every time I play the 17th fret.
Quote by Spriggs05
Great finger placement but I am trying to stop the 15th and 12th ringing during the 17/13 and 15/12 after the first repetition

That's why I mentioned pulling off the finger afterwords. This muting the note, when I said Raise finger, I mean just slightly, so it's still touching the string but not fretting the string.

Think Sweet Child Of Mine Intro
Quote by Arron_Zacx
Don't know why but I was thinking of the first solo. That bit, I'm not entirely sure, but I'm guessing you can lightly un-press the b string every time (really hard actually now that I just tried it) or (this is what I do) use the tip of the finger to mute every time I play the 17th fret.

I'll give that a try, thanks!