Crydebris was a mathcore-ish band that was very ethereal sounding. I was in Music Theory asking for help to decipher the song so I could tab it and the like. Maybe you guys could help me find out how to play what they play and how to buy the albums. Maybe even some similar sounding recommendations?

Mononoke Picture, I just really HAVE to cover this song. Any help in getting a TAB or something?
www.youtube.com/watch?v=I6Pl1nZJJGs

I need the lyrics so I can progress on covering this song as well.
www.youtube.com/watch?v=OSXFDcLvukI
Theory is just...wow. I'm getting a bit over my head by trying to learn so much w/o formal educators

Quote by DBKGUITAR
To be a good lead guitar you must be VERY GOOD AT RYTHM

Quote by MaggaraMarine
My motto: Play what the song needs you to play!
For recs we have a rec thread, for music theory you'd be better off in either the tabs forum or the musician talk forum.

Though honestly they sound like most mathcore bands; nothing really special there.
All I want is for everyone to go to hell...
...It's the last place I was seen before I lost myself

Quote by DisarmGoliath
You can be the deputy llamma of the recordings forum!
As a guy who isn't too deep into hardcore (more into metal myself), I thought they were different. When I hear mathcore I think Behold...The Arctopus and DEP. Do they really sound like other MC ands though?

I initially meant to ask if anyone knows these guys but it devolved into me asking for help heh.
Theory is just...wow. I'm getting a bit over my head by trying to learn so much w/o formal educators

Quote by DBKGUITAR

Quote by MaggaraMarine
Behold are tech death. DEP are technically mathcore, but DEP are a special case.

Also making a thread asking if anyone knows them is like waving a flag around saying "like me because I like this band you might not now." Just a heads up.

The only real difference I can hear between this and most bands of the same genre are the obvious post-rock influences. Could technically be post-hardcore I suppose.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K9JS9xJyVRI

Quote by DisarmGoliath
Last edited by ChemicalFire at Sep 1, 2014,
Heh, I definitely don't wanna come off as a hipster -_- but thanks though, I'll head to the post rock threads to see what I can get.

Quote by DBKGUITAR

Quote by MaggaraMarine
Post-Rock threads won't help. It's a minor influence in with the Hardcore sound.

Quote by DisarmGoliath
Let's not discourage new posts in this dead-ass forum, man. Especially since this doesn't suck.
My band, Escher
My progressive rock project, Mosaic

Quote by Lappo
clearly, the goal is to convert every thread into a discussion about BTBAM

BTBAM IS ALWAYS RELEVANT
Didn't mean to do that at all. Though like I said, hardcore forum is the place for this still!

Quote by DisarmGoliath
I just posted this in the TAB forum and asked for TAB and lyrics. In any case I looked up some post rock/metal units (Sigur Ros, Dextro, Cult of Luna, Godspeed You! Black Emperor, Vidavox) and man I am really finding a place there. As for the mathcore, I'm still new to this as well since this is actually my first TRUE metalcore band (got em off this list)

I mean I assume this is the Forum to go to to find more bands like this right? So far I've googled Mathcore/Post-Rock to find more bands similar to these guys. I hope to keep a softer side in the music til my ears get used to the more hardcore stuff (I usually listen to symphonic metal, melodeath, and Post-Punk...some SOAD in the mix). Could you guys point me to the right direction in regards to bands or a thread so this won't get deleted?

SN: I really hope I'm not coming off as "Unknown band makes me cool" haha. I really didn't know how to drop these guys in here since I'm normally in Musician Talk trying to learn some stuff.

Quote by DBKGUITAR

Quote by MaggaraMarine
Nah is cool, I may have been a bit harsh in my first reply.

As for true mathcore bands it's kinda hard to say. A lot of peoples first introduction to the genre was Fall of Troy but there are lots of bands and Mathcore isn't exactly my expertise. Though you might want to check out Botch too.

As for Hardcore with softer post rock pits, again hard to tell, though the Glassjaw album I posted above is a good place to start. Maybe Jupiter era Cave In too.

Quote by DisarmGoliath