Bought an ESP LTD EC1000 on Friday. I didn't wait for Labor day, which is fine because the guitar I wanted is not on sale.
Some see the glass half full, others see the glass half empty. Me? I see that the glass is refillable.
Last edited by NewDayHappy at Sep 1, 2014,
I almost did. There was a sale for a Gibson Les Paul Studio Deluxe II ($1000). I normally really dislike LPs. It was all right, but it didn't really speak to me in such a way that made me think I had to have it. Had I spent more time playing it, it might have grown on me.

Unrelated, but I work very close to a Guitar Center and the guys who work there always come by my workplace for lunch and they all know me because I spend almost all my breaks at GC and one of them gave me two gift cards two days ago just because, which was cool.
craigslist...

$20, never been used.

it's a 1x18

I wondered why the frisbee was getting bigger, then it hit me.
Quote by NewDayHappy
Bought an ESP LTD EC1000 on Friday. I didn't wait for Labor day, which is fine because the guitar I wanted is not on sale.

I love my LTD. Someone here recommended it and I'm so happy with it...

Quote by chrismendiola
Unrelated, but I work very close to a Guitar Center and the guys who work there always come by my workplace for lunch and they all know me because I spend almost all my breaks at GC and one of them gave me two gift cards two days ago just because, which was cool.

I need to start hanging out there for lunches sometimes. It's about 20 mins from my work, so not super easy for a lunch break. They used to send me coupons that didn't have all these exclusions but they haven't in a while. They don't love me anymore.
Last edited by OliveG at Sep 1, 2014,
Quote by gregs1020
craigslist...

$20, never been used.

it's a 1x18

:-D Looks vintage.
I got one of the Gibson Les Paul Studio Deluxe IIs because the Epiphone Les Paul Florentine had the Kluson tuners that I hate.
Quote by OliveG
I love my LTD. Someone here recommended it and I'm so happy with it...

What kind of music do you like to play on it? Does it clean up nice?
Some see the glass half full, others see the glass half empty. Me? I see that the glass is refillable.
Quote by OliveG
:-D Looks vintage.

nah, the vintage ones have wood handles and a thin nitro finish.

actually i think they do, that's why the black ones fade to grey and the red ones to pink.

i have a 22.5" too, right now i'm makin' cookies... in the rain.
I wondered why the frisbee was getting bigger, then it hit me.
Quote by NewDayHappy
What kind of music do you like to play on it? Does it clean up nice?

Kind of a mix... these days it's La Grange and, hum, I'm practicing the "final countdown"'s solo (recently started watching Arrested Development, what can I say, Gob just cracks me up...). I really like it on the middle pickups position with a little bit of crunch, it almost sounds like a violin when you find that sweet spot, I really love it. But yeah it cleans up really nice, you can get some beautiful sounds out of the neck pickup. I got a jazz method a few months back and I've been using it for that quite a bit (although not super recently).

So you can get some serious heavy fun out of the bridge pickup (access to upper frets is not optimal, but no surprise there...), for all the crunchy / slightly overdriven stuff the middle position is awesome and for cleans the neck pickup is perfect too. I put a push-pull to split the bridge pickup but I couldn't do that with the '59 because it's got the vintage wiring, but I got a strat last December so I don't need that anyway anymore...

LTD makes some nice guitars. Couldn't find a single flaw on mine... also got it used for $350 off ebay but you would never have been able to tell it was used...
Quote by OliveG
I need to start hanging out there for lunches sometimes. It's about 20 mins from my work, so not super easy for a lunch break. They used to send me coupons that didn't have all these exclusions but they haven't in a while. They don't love me anymore.

I only have to walk about two minutes to get there, I always end up staying longer than I should.

I didn't even know there were coupons without the brand exclusions. I have to get my hands on a few (or many), because I always get excited that there's a new coupon only to learn later that all these brands are excluded. To which, I always think, "What the hell can I buy with this thing?
I don’t even look at the sales anymore. I have enough gear to keep me happy and on the rare occasion that I do need something prices are so low that there’s no reason to wait for a holiday. The local mom-and-pop store here even started pricing strings lower than Amazon, so I don’t even have to stock up on sale strings anymore. We’re living in a fücking golden age.
Not really a sale, but I placed a bid on ebay for a used, but mint L6 HD500x. I wonder if $330 is enough to win... New ones are $431 on ebay, so hopefully I'll win
Quote by chrismendiola
I only have to walk about two minutes to get there, I always end up staying longer than I should.

I didn't even know there were coupons without the brand exclusions. I have to get my hands on a few (or many), because I always get excited that there's a new coupon only to learn later that all these brands are excluded. To which, I always think, "What the hell can I buy with this thing?

I know, I don't get it either... I kept getting emails all week end long from GC about sales but the only guitar I want is excluded!