Hey there,

Probably been asked a couple of times already; Anyone has suggestions regarding a nice fuzz for lead tones. I like Eric Jonhson lead, violin like tone.

Edit: I don't have room for the big fuzz face on my board and EJ fuzz face dosen't have DC jack, wich I want.

Thanks!
Last edited by Taz9 at Sep 2, 2014,
Dunlop have just release mini versions of the regular and silicone fuzz face pedals that have power jacks on them.
http://www.jimdunlop.com/product/FFM2-germanium
http://www.jimdunlop.com/product/FFM1-silicon

Look into those.
or there are plenty of clones in regular size and shaped boxes out there.
My Rig:
Maverick F-1, Ibanez RG1527, Schecter Omen 8
Marshall JVM 410H,
Hand built 4x12 w/ V30s
Current board:
PXL LIVE
TU2
WHAMMY IV
MXR M132
MXR M101
TIMMY
NS2
MXR M108
XOTIC EP
TC DREAMSCAPE
DL8
there are plenty of clones in regular size and shaped boxes out there.

I tried all three mini fuzz, but it isnt quite what I'm looking for. Any renown clone that comes to mind?
God theres hundreds of fuzz face clones out there, but none that come to mind for the EJ one.

if you can solder i would suggest buying a DIY fuzz face kit and building it yourself.

I havent tried the EJ Fuzz face. What is different to the regular?
My Rig:
Maverick F-1, Ibanez RG1527, Schecter Omen 8
Marshall JVM 410H,
Hand built 4x12 w/ V30s
Current board:
PXL LIVE
TU2
WHAMMY IV
MXR M132
MXR M101
TIMMY
NS2
MXR M108
XOTIC EP
TC DREAMSCAPE
DL8
doesn't EJ use a silicon fuzz face? I'm guessing either the MXR/Dunlop version or one of the myriad clones.

also i think (don't quote me ) EJ combines his fuzz with an OD pedal (and probably amp dirt too) to get a smoother tone. So maybe that's why it's not doing it for you?

Sorry if you've already tried that and I'm insulting your intelligence.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
I had the EJ fuzz while I was in a big EJ phase and I think Dave is right. If I recall correctly, the straight fuzz sound is for some of his rythms and such and that nice smooth tone is a combination of other pedals (tube driver, echoplex, etc.) The fuzz was a good pedal though.

Look into the Mad Proffesor Golden Cello. There's some demo videos where it nails that sound. It has a built in delay but that can be turned down if it's not needed. I couldn't get exact EJ tones through my amp rig personally but I sure got close with it.
if you can solder i would suggest buying a DIY fuzz face kit and building it yourself.

I'm afraid I'll mess it up.

EJ combines his fuzz with an OD pedal

You are not insulting my intelligence. I find this very usefull! And yes I did quote you!

Look into the Mad Proffesor Golden Cello

Thank you I will!
LOL
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?