http://www.amazon.com/Audio-Technica-AT2020-USB-Condenser-Microphone/dp/B001AS6OYC/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1409689378&sr=8-1&keywords=audio+technica+usb+mic

this is the mic that i have, audio technica at2020

130 dollar condenser mic that is usb.

if i compare the sound quality of recording of that mic through my computer vs recording on my iphone 4. the iphone 4 actually has better sound quality. only drawback is the sound distortion for loud volumes. acoustic guitar and vocals sound way better on the iphone.

Why is this? Do i have a messed up or a bad sound card? my pc is from 2005. I know it doesn't sound logical but the iphone has a pretty decent mic.

is the mic defective? i purchase the mic, because i read a review saying it was a good for electric guitar amps, even though it's a condenser. i record with audacity, but i dont think that matters.
Last edited by musicandthewave at Sep 2, 2014,
Quote by musicandthewave

130 dollar condenser mic that is usb.

There's your problem.
All I want is for everyone to go to hell...
...It's the last place I was seen before I lost myself

Quote by DisarmGoliath
You can be the deputy llamma of the recordings forum!
Quote by musicandthewave
Why is this?
Mic's in iPhone's are pretty good, and your mic's pretty bad.

The fact that it is a USB mic isn't a problem by itself, though they don't really make any good sounding USB mic's if ya ask me.

So, yep, if you want better recordings you want a better mic.
Name's Luca.

Quote by OliOsbourne
I don't know anything about this topic, but I just clicked on this thread because of your username :O
Quote by Cajundaddy
Clue: amplifiers amplify so don't turn it on if you need quiet.
Quote by chrismendiola
I guess spambots are now capable of reading minds.
Quote by Spambot_2
Mic's in iPhone's are pretty good, and your mic's pretty bad.

The fact that it is a USB mic isn't a problem by itself, though they don't really make any good sounding USB mic's if ya ask me.

So, yep, if you want better recordings you want a better mic.

Honestly, a proper preamp/converter (interface) with a 2020 should blow an iphone mic out of the water. No, it's not the world's best mic, but it blows away an iphone. Come on, dude.
Telecaster - SG - Jaguar
Princeton Reverb, Extra Reverb
P-Bass - Mustang Bass
Apogee Duet 2 - Ableton Suite
^ it is small, it is noisy, but it's still a pretty high quality wide cardio condenser mic.
It isn't stellar but I'm not surprised it sounds more natural (also better) than an AT2020USB.

An analog 2020 with a good interface will likely sound better than an iPhone 4 mic on more things, but an iPhone mic will have close to zero proximity effect and still sound veeery natural and life like compared to the cheap condenser the AT2020 is, made more to fill the hole of cheap condensers in the market than anything else if ya ask me.
Name's Luca.

Quote by OliOsbourne
I don't know anything about this topic, but I just clicked on this thread because of your username :O
Quote by Cajundaddy
Clue: amplifiers amplify so don't turn it on if you need quiet.
Quote by chrismendiola
I guess spambots are now capable of reading minds.
if i compare the sound quality of recording of that mic through my computer vs recording on my iphone 4. the iphone 4 actually has better sound quality. only drawback is the sound distortion for loud volumes. acoustic guitar and vocals sound way better on the iphone.

You can check out our mcsa training braindumps and Touro College written by our certified teams to help you pass Isaca also purchase University of Wisconsin - Madison Our selftestengine is simply excellent Youtube
Last edited by aiza014 at Sep 18, 2014,