It sounds like a pinch harmonic to me
it's all just coming back
it's all coming back

it's all coming back to me
Quote by Baby Joel
It sounds like a pinch harmonic to me

To me it sounds like 2 strings being rung with an up stroke but i can't work out how to get the sound. When i try to do it .
^ +1 (on one of the lower strings)
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Can some one demonstrate it because im still hearing two notes, certainly not a pinch, it sounds like a bluesy effect that a pinch with distortion would not sound like.
There are two lead guitar tracks, so that's probably the "two notes" you're hearing. It's the same note really, but played as pinch harmonic on the left channel track and regular on the right channel track.
The more you say 'epic' the less it means.
Last edited by Dynamight at Sep 2, 2014,
at first I thought it would be a continuous pulloff to an open string but I dont think so.

I think he is just picking these 2 notes together (tuned half step down)

B-----9
G------10

picks them like 5-6 times or whatever then slides up a fret on the last note which would be the d "chord"

B---10
G-----11

check this vid at around 4:04
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RLF2HAbEyy0

he may be using some kind of hybrid picking or finger picking or weird rasqueado lol.....because if u watch his right hand closely u see he curls his fingers up differently than from his regular picking position
^ I hear the trill thing at 54 seconds

that's kind of the problem with these "at x seconds"... very rarely do the things tally up exactly. for example i'm hearing that pinch thing at a bit past 53 seconds, but not quite at 54 either.

with a semi-harmonic though you can sort of hear two pitches
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?