Hey guys, I've just got a question about ordering pedals on my pedal board. My question today concerns how to order my delay pedals. Right now I just have a digital delay on my board, but in a few days I'm planning on buying an analog delay as well and I was wondering if I should place it in front of the digital delay or behind it. If you need to know what other pedals I'm using, my signal chain currently consists of the following effects: chorus>digital delay>reverb. My digital delay pedal is true bypass and my analog delay will be true bypass as well. I don't plan on ever having both pedals engaged at the same time, so I don't think the placement of my analog delay will matter as long as it comes after my chorus pedal and before my reverb pedal, but I still wanted to check with someone who knows more about this than I do.
Last edited by Jekt at Sep 2, 2014,
That's true, but I guess I'm lazy. :-D
Last edited by Jekt at Sep 2, 2014,
Haha no worries I'm just giving you shit. I too obsess over little things like this when it comes to my guitar gear and always ask others for their opinion. Tone is that important!
I'm the same when it comes to tone. I mostly record myself playing too, so I want to make sure that I sound as good as I can.
As the others have said, doesn't really matter when you only have one on at a time.

If you had both on at the same time I would advise Digital then Analog. I run a DD-3 into a Carbon Copy. The DD-3 doesnt interfere with the tone at all, the repeats are very synthetic. The Carbon Copy produces darker/warmer repeats.

It's all personal taste, but I prefer it this way around. Seems less muddy to me
Quote by AndyGray
As the others have said, doesn't really matter when you only have one on at a time.

If you had both on at the same time I would advise Digital then Analog. I run a DD-3 into a Carbon Copy. The DD-3 doesnt interfere with the tone at all, the repeats are very synthetic. The Carbon Copy produces darker/warmer repeats.

It's all personal taste, but I prefer it this way around. Seems less muddy to me

+3.1415 good reasoning on the digital > analog. i have never thought about it that way.

WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
Quote by trashedlostfdup
+3.1415 good reasoning on the digital > analog. i have never thought about it that way.

+1

Im gonna switch mine round as i have my analogue first!
Yeah, the more I think about it, digital > analog does make sense. That way if you do run them both, you won't have to worry about the dark repeats of the analog delay being digitized by the digital delay. At least that's the way I've rationalized it by reading the suggestions here.