Anyone know what bands like kyuss, truckfighters, midget in the sink and graveyard tuning play in? thanks
Drop D or lower, many use drop C,B and it works great for that drone sound
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
Si!
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

Why, yes, I am a lawyer- thanks for asking!

Log off and play yer guitar!

Strap on, tune up, rock out!
Kyuss, some QOTSA, High on Fire and Sleep all use C standard. CFA#D#Gc
Gibson RD Silverburst w/ Lace Dissonant Aggressors (SOLD)
Electra Omega Prime Ceruse
Fender Franken-Jag Bass

Amps and the like:
Laney VH100R
Seismic Luke 2x12
Dunlop 105Q Wah
Gojira FX 808
Line 6 M9
Sleep uses C Standard. Sleep is the best stoner doom band, therefore C standard is the best stoner doom tuning. enjoy.
banned
Quote by deadsmileyface
Sleep uses C Standard. Sleep is the best stoner doom band, therefore C standard is the best stoner doom tuning. enjoy.

Quote by deadsmileyface

Seems logical. I find this to be a valid statement.
Fender Franken-Jag Bass

Amps and the like:
Laney VH100R
Seismic Luke 2x12
Dunlop 105Q Wah
Gojira FX 808
Line 6 M9
thank you all, what type of fuzz pedals would they use? how would you perfect the settings on the pedals as well. treble and bass, and gain?
I would almost swear that "A#" should be called "Bb" and "D#" should be called, "Eb".

I said almost. But still, in this context.
Last edited by Captaincranky at Sep 3, 2014,
Not sure if any actually use fuzz pedals, just the sound is fuzzy. As far as I know you can get that sound plugging your guitar into a high power bass amp and some sort of OD.
Fender Franken-Jag Bass

Amps and the like:
Laney VH100R
Seismic Luke 2x12
Dunlop 105Q Wah
Gojira FX 808
Line 6 M9
If you can handle the volume get a fuzzy amp (Laney, Orange) and play it so loud the chassis gets hot and warps. Otherwise use a Big Muff or look into some of the pedals from Death by Audio.
https://www.google.com/webhp?sourceid=chrome-instant&rlz=1C1CHFX_enUS604US604&ion=1&espv=2&ie=UTF-8#q=behringer+fuzz+pedal&spell=1 this is the pedal i have and when i play high notes it does not want to work and the notes fade out. anyway to fix this? also i cant seem to get a kyuss sound, but it's probably my amp. Im thinking about getting gear soon, gear wise what would you recommend?
Last edited by 75mm at Sep 3, 2014,
If you need more sustain turn up the volume until you get more sustain. Infinite sustain is better. Hell, I get infinite sustain with a Big Muff at TV volumes.

As for the Kyuss sound, you’ll need either an Ampeg VT-22 or the various old Peavey amps that Josh was using back then.
Quote by 75mm
any modern amps that will be reasonably priced?

Best bet for affordable stoner tone is a used Laney AOR. Otherwise you have to jump to Orange or Green, or a vintage Sunn. This is probably why so many Stoner/Doom bands just use fuzz pedals.

Quote by 75mm
What do you mean by infinite sustain?

If you crank up a distorted amp it will make enough noise to just feed back forever. Stand far enough from the amp and you can get your playing to feed back without screeching. Muffs and some fuzz pedals will do this without extreme volume.
Quote by kurtebirdi
you get mondo bonus points if you play through a 15" speaker

if you want a 15" on a budget get an excelsior
banned
Quote by jpnyc

If you crank up a distorted amp it will make enough noise to just feed back forever. Stand far enough from the amp and you can get your playing to feed back without screeching. Muffs and some fuzz pedals will do this without extreme volume.

yep. get a big muff and crank the sustain knob
banned