hey whats up guys i hope you have been having a wonderful day, or night lol, but anyways, my uncle won this case, he sues a company he used to work for, and hes getting a lot of money, now he is the one who got me into guitar, he has been playing since he was rreally young hes old now, and he used to have a lot of expensive guitars and amps, until someone broke into his house and stole everything :b and he knows im REALLY into guitar and its already part of my life, he knows that i dont have the best amps and that is surely because i dont have money and i cant afford the nice amps, he asked me if i wanted that marshall amp head i always wanted and a cab, i obviously said yes, now the amp head is the Marshall JVM410H, i saw that it was a great amp for metal (what i play all the time and planning to keep playing) but about the cab im not sure about that, im trying to keep it marshall too but other cabs are welcome as well, so guys what you think is the best, if not, a good one, for metal? thanks guys!
The standard goto cabs for metal are Mesa Rec and Orange PPC.
If you really want to go Marshall - 1960AV. The AV has V30's.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
If you want to join a band, or are seriously thinking about joining a band, I would advise getting one or two 2x12 cabs. If you are mainly playing at home right now, I would recommend one 2x12. 2x12 cabinets are easier to transport as you can take them apart in smaller pieces, and I wouldn't worry yet about getting a big ol' 4x12 half stack. 2x12s are easier to use for most situations, in my opinion.

I also wouldn't worry too much about having a Marshall amp with a Marshall cab, or Mesa amp and Mesa cab; buy what works for you. I have a black Mesa Boogie Mark V sitting on a green Voltage (small Canadian cabinet company) 2x12 and I love it. I think it looks sexy. But I also have a wine red Tele that has a blue strap, so my colour perception may be skewed.

But best of luck. I wish I had someone who would offer to buy me pro-level guitar gear. Cheers.
Caution:
This post may contain my opinion and/or inaccurate information.

Current Rig:
2006 PRS CE-24
Mesa/Boogie Mark V
Voltage S212 w/ V30's
Strymon Timeline
CMATMods Signa Drive
TC Electronics Corona & Hall of Fame
Last edited by AWACS at Sep 3, 2014,
a splawn quickrod would probably make you happier than the Marshall.

worth a look at least. i own a ProMod and Nitro, and i love them.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
Quote by Cathbard
The standard goto cabs for metal are Mesa Rec and Orange PPC.
If I was you I'd get one of these.
Name's Luca.

Quote by OliOsbourne
I don't know anything about this topic, but I just clicked on this thread because of your username :O
Quote by Cajundaddy
Clue: amplifiers amplify so don't turn it on if you need quiet.
Quote by chrismendiola
I guess spambots are now capable of reading minds.
If you're okay with looking into some lesser known cabs that sound absolutely amazing, give the Engl and Framus brand 4x12 cabs a look. Both are designed specifically for use with high gain heads and perform awesomely. If you do heavily down tuned metal, you could also look into the Marshall MF350 cab, which has epic low end response.
Custom build cab company is also an option, Zilla, Roadkill (uk) Cant think of any USA builds off the top of my head.

Otherwise the Mesa or the Orange.
I shouldn't post when drunk..

07 LTD MH400NT SD SH2/SH5
15 Jackson SLATHX-m 3-7 Slime green
Squier std tele (modded to hell)

Engl Powerball
Laney Ironheart 60h
Zilla Superfatboy 2x12 v30's

Pedals
Quote by GuitarShedVideo
If you're okay with looking into some lesser known cabs that sound absolutely amazing, give the Engl and Framus brand 4x12 cabs a look. Both are designed specifically for use with high gain heads and perform awesomely. If you do heavily down tuned metal, you could also look into the Marshall MF350 cab, which has epic low end response.

It is the MF280 cab that has V30 and the MF400 cab that has K-100's, no MF380

^ Avatar cabs in the US does custom cabs for cheep
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
That's the company I couldn't think of.
I shouldn't post when drunk..

07 LTD MH400NT SD SH2/SH5
15 Jackson SLATHX-m 3-7 Slime green
Squier std tele (modded to hell)

Engl Powerball
Laney Ironheart 60h
Zilla Superfatboy 2x12 v30's

Pedals
Quote by Carrot
That's the company I couldn't think of.

There are actually a lot, but Avatar is the most reasonably priced with the most cab types available.
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
I really dig my VHT 4x12 with 2 Celestion Vintage 30s and 2 Celestion Greenbacks.
An orange or mesa 212 will be more then ennough to play with a band.
Quote by joshua garcia
I was incredibly drunk and only really remember writing a fanfic where ESP was getting porked by a pony.

Quote by guitar0player
I'd honestly fap to anything with a set of genitals as long as I find it aesthetically appealing.
It's a of a toss-up. I know that some of the companies (Mesa, for example) have their V30s tweaked a bit compared to standard, but nothing that can't be EQed out or in. What type of metal we talking, Cannibal Corpse, Dio, somewhere in the middle? Band examples are best, UPS loves logistics, UG loves specifics.
I'm just a kickin' and a gougin' in the mud and the blood and the beer.
Zilla Cabs make some top quality cabs and you can customise the speakers which you have in. The FatBoy 2x12 range sounds phenomenal especially with Celestion V30s in for metal. They're also cheaper than the Mesa equivalent.