Page 1 of 3
bornfhg
10 IQ
So I'm a dude with curly hair and I love the "emo" hair style. So I've grown my hair out more and now I straighten it. Most people think it is awesome, but some people say that I am gay because of it. Why? give me your honest opinions
slapsymcdougal
UnBanned
250 IQ
well, both parties are at fault here.

Them, for saying you're gay(and implying that being gay is bad) because you like a shit hairstyle, and you, for liking the shit hairstyle.
Quote by Diemon Dave
Don't go ninjerin nobody don't need ninjerin'
JackWhiteIsButts
Hard Boyled
20 IQ
A certain house was overrun with Mice. A Cat, discovering this, made her way into it and began to catch and eat them one by one. Fearing for their lives, the Mice kept themselves close in their holes. The Cat was no longer able to get at them and perceived that she must tempt them forth by some device. For this purpose she jumped upon a peg, and suspending herself from it, pretended to be dead. One of the Mice, peeping stealthily out, saw her and said, "Ah, my good madam, even though you should turn into a meal-bag, we will not come near you."

He who is once deceived is doubly cautious.
Philip_pepper
Banned
90 IQ
Quote by bornfhg
So I'm a dude with curly hair and I love the "emo" hair style. So I've grown my hair out more and now I straighten it. Most people think it is awesome, but some people say that I am gay because of it. Why? give me your honest opinions

Just say "It's only gay if balls are touching."

Sorted.
ultimate-slash
Playing the tempeh
50 IQ
Quote by Philip_pepper
Just say "It's only gay if balls are touching."

Sorted.

Touching the hair? I can imagine how that scenario would come across as homo-erotic.
Quote by Hydra150
It was fucking salt
20 minutes he's stirring a pot of sugar wondering why it won't dissolve
And it was fucking salt

Philip_pepper
Banned
90 IQ
But on a serious note, I think it's cuz people, men and women, see straightening the hair as a female trait, so if you're showing a female straight they might think you're metro or homosexual.

Most people want their hair to look good, but women go nuts on the amount of shit they put their hair through. Men are meant to "not really care".

Not saying this is the right way, but unfortunately society is what it is. Own it, be confident and fvck what others say.
BjarnedeGraaf
UG's bear
450 IQ
why would it bother you what other people say about your hair. if you like it, that's all that matters.
My Soundcloud

My beginner rig:

Epiphone Goth G-400 SG
Line 6 Spider IV (Don't judge me, I was young and stupid)
Stagg SW203N
Yamaha APX500
Zaphikh
Custom User Title
50 IQ
Quote by JackWhiteIsButts
A certain house was overrun with Mice. A Cat, discovering this, made her way into it and began to catch and eat them one by one. Fearing for their lives, the Mice kept themselves close in their holes. The Cat was no longer able to get at them and perceived that she must tempt them forth by some device. For this purpose she jumped upon a peg, and suspending herself from it, pretended to be dead. One of the Mice, peeping stealthily out, saw her and said, "Ah, my good madam, even though you should turn into a meal-bag, we will not come near you."

Sho 'nuff.
LivinJoke84
Leeds
120 IQ
Quote by bornfhg

You do realise this is the most emo and gay post ever dont you.

Just grow a ****ing pair and have your hair however you want it. Jeez, kids today
guitarxo
cat
10 IQ
Because curly hair is better OBVIOUSLY I mean I have curly hair and I'm the best and I only straighten the top part once every few months for special occasions, not that it lasts more than a few hours anyway because CURLS ARE STRONGER AND BETTER

Quote by JackWhiteIsButts

Thank you for capitalizing "Cat" and showing proper respect to Cats.
cat
Joshua Garcia
An actual big boy
4,730 IQ
The people telling you your hair is awesome now are probably people who thought it looked gay back when it was curly lol.

It's all in the matter of perspective, brah. Just do what you want or something. Idk.
Quote by RAB11
Josh-Claude Van DAAAAAAAAAAYUM GRRRL hook me up with dem digits
captainsnazz
~
50 IQ
there are no 'honest opinions' to give
a significant proportion of people have stupid preconceptions about blokes with long hair
that's all there is to it

it doesn't bother me, whether it bothers you is your call
Last edited by captainsnazz at Sep 3, 2014,
JackWhiteIsButts
Hard Boyled
20 IQ
Quote by guitarxo
Thank you for capitalizing "Cat" and showing proper respect to Cats.
I would never do anything to dishonor you, Great One.
Wormholes
Banned
20 IQ
Do yourself a favour. Get a hair trimmer, put on shortest setting, shave all your hair off. You're welcome.
Ssargentslayer
Registered Abuser
30 IQ
Cause "emo" kids wear tight pants, make up and dress like girls. It only makes sense that they like guys.

Not that there's anything wrong with that.
JackSaints
Titleless Peasant
100 IQ
People say you are gay because the emo look is very girly.
If you made yourself look more manly, you wouldn't have this problem.
I have nothing important to say
Will Lane
ee-elle-atey-for
259 IQ
They might call you "gay" because it might not be a professional cut in the first place. If you go to an expensive stylist, they'll make it look legit. But if you're going to some random place in the mall for example, that might be the issue.

Also, the "emo" look isn't a manly haircut by society's standards (although in 2010 if you had a ukelele along with it you had literally all the girls). The manly cut currently is the hipster-lumberjack-combover with a beard. So make a variation of the two I guess, it's kind of what I have at the moment. If the main part of your emo cut is the signature hair flop over your eyes, do something like this:

snipelfritz
Senior Fun Correspondent
50 IQ
Meh, I used to get this for wearing skinny jeans. Just be the beautiful flower you are.

One day your prince will come.
BOOM-SHAKALAKALAKA-BOOM-SHAKALAKUNGA
BladeSlinger
nerd
120 IQ
why do peopl think
Quote by cemges
And tell, how come you became idiot enough

Quote by captainsnazz
brot pls
crazysam23_Atax
Feuergesicht
490 IQ
Quote by Will Lane

This is a terrible haircut. Why would you suggest this?

@TS:
Look, cut your hair, you damn hippy (read: emo kid)!

Edit:
Also, TS, the people who "think it's awesome" are probably just being polite. They probably think it's really lame and don't want to offend your fragile ego.
Last edited by crazysam23_Atax at Sep 3, 2014,
Nero Galon
Alright, Alright, Alright
333 IQ
Really wouldn't take much notice of other people and their judgments.

I had the 'emo' look, in full wonderful blunder from age 15-17 and I at the time felt comfortable in myself and I take that as the only thing that mattered. Yes I also straightened my hair too, which is totally fine for a guy to do. I used to get so much shit from my best friend at the time because he was the total opposite to me, i.e he had very short hair. But the truth is, he also took a lot of pride in his hair, probably more than I did so he was very hypocritical to which I called him out on.

I think the more common stuck with view however is short hair vs long hair on guys. It's totally fine for a guy with short hair to spend an hour in the mirror getting it how he wants it, however if there is a guy with long hair, whether or not you spend time treating it, you'll have more negative attention.

OP I see that you are young, it is no myth that when you're older you'll likely realize your blunders. But thats the beauty of growing out of phases, enjoy it while you can.

P.S - Consider dreadlocks to really piss people off
Dance in the moonlight my old friend twilight

Quote by metal4eva_22
What's this about ****ing corpses? My UG senses were tingling.
jugglingfreak
UnBanned
10 IQ
Quote by bornfhg

My honest opinion is: Why do you care what other people think?

It's your hair and if you like it, do it.
the bartender
UG's biology teacher
46 IQ
but are you gay tho?
You who build these altars now

To sacrifice these children
You must not do it anymore
BladeSlinger
nerd
120 IQ
Quote by Nero Galon
Really wouldn't take much notice of other people and their judgments.

I had the 'emo' look, in full wonderful blunder from age 15-17 and I at the time felt comfortable in myself and I take that as the only thing that mattered. Yes I also straightened my hair too, which is totally fine for a guy to do. I used to get so much shit from my best friend at the time because he was the total opposite to me, i.e he had very short hair. But the truth is, he also took a lot of pride in his hair, probably more than I did so he was very hypocritical to which I called him out on.

I think the more common stuck with view however is short hair vs long hair on guys. It's totally fine for a guy with short hair to spend an hour in the mirror getting it how he wants it, however if there is a guy with long hair, whether or not you spend time treating it, you'll have more negative attention.

OP I see that you are young, it is no myth that when you're older you'll likely realize your blunders. But thats the beauty of growing out of phases, enjoy it while you can.

P.S - Consider dreadlocks to really piss people off

A lot of guys are borderline afraid to be anything associated with being feminine. Long hair is feminine to most people and women usually spend a lot of time on their hair. I know some guys that spend more time on their short hair than I did when my was long but no one really cares.
Quote by cemges
And tell, how come you became idiot enough

Quote by captainsnazz
brot pls
little_boy
マリオ
102 IQ
Quote by ehbacon
I really don't think most people think it's awesome.

Yeah, pretty much this.
JamSessionFreak
shaggy shabbot
90 IQ
Quote by bornfhg
Why? give me your honest opinions

no ****ing idea man. no idea at all

One man's garbage is another man person's good un-garbage.

Baby Joel
750 IQ
Quote by jugglingfreak
My honest opinion is: Why do you care what other people think?

It's your hair and if you like it, do it.

this

honestly it's hair. If what people says gets to you, get a different hairstyle. If what they say doesn't get to you, don't get a different hairstyle.
Will Lane
ee-elle-atey-for
259 IQ
Quote by crazysam23_Atax
This is a terrible haircut. Why would you suggest this?

Quote by Philip_pepper
No no no no no no no

Fashion 101 with will

The point of it was to show the "emo hair" kind of thing done more as a combover, as opposed to this:

Quote by JamSessionFreak

If your disapproval is about the shaven sides, I don't like them either.
H4T3BR33D3R
Hater by Trade EST. 1990s
350 IQ
Quote by Amuro Jay
this haircut is historically associated with being skinny and eating ass, that's why

This is really the only answer.
Quote by Axelfox
my mom and i went to a furry con and on the second day she said she didn't come and pay money to go see dumb shit.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
gp2112
10 IQ
Do guys spend more than five minutes on their hair? If so, why?
Wormholes
Banned
20 IQ
Quote by gp2112
Do guys spend more than five minutes on their hair? If so, why?

Back when I did that stupid scene hair straightening shit in highschool I had to spend a good 30-40 minutes. My hair was really, really full and thick and I never got it layered or anything.

Then I grew up and got lazy and well now I have no hair to need to maintain.
H4T3BR33D3R
Hater by Trade EST. 1990s
350 IQ
I don't spend any time on my hair. It looks it.
Quote by Axelfox
my mom and i went to a furry con and on the second day she said she didn't come and pay money to go see dumb shit.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
Page 1 of 3