Looking to get back into guitar, and these are the two guitars I'm looking at. Would someone who, for all intents and purposes, is new at guitar notice much of a difference between the two? I already own an amp, so I'm planning on buying a decent headset so I can play late at night without incurring the wrath of my landlord. The price difference is about $200. I like the looks of the 100 a bit more than the Standard, so that also has me leaning towards it.
Don't get a 100. It's just an LP Special II with a sunburst finish and a 4 knob control layout. They're junk. Not worth your time.

Get an LP Standard. It's just a better guitar in every way. It might be $200 more, but when looking at guitars in such a price range, small price differences ($200 is really not a very significant amount of money in the guitar world) dramatically change a guitars quality.
Roses are red
Violets are blue
Omae wa mou
Shindeiru

Quote by Axelfox
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
Last edited by T00DEEPBLUE at Sep 3, 2014,
Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Don't get a 100. It's just an LP Special II with a sunburst finish and a 4 knob control layout. They're junk. Not worth your time.

Get an LP Standard. It's just a better guitar in every way. It might be $200 more, but when looking at guitars in such a price range, small price differences ($200 is really not a very significant amount of money in the guitar world) dramatically change a guitars quality.

I opened the thread to say exactly this. 100% agreed.
Squier "VMC" Stratocaster
PRS SE Singlecut
tc electronic polytune
CMAT MODS Signa Drive
Blakemore Effects Deus Ex Machina
DIY gaussmarkov Dr. Boogey
EHX Small Clone
Mooer ShimVerb
DIY Beavis Devolt
T-REX Fuel Tank Chameleon
Ampeg GVT52-112
yeah get the standard
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Read the reviews on LP 100, they don't look too good. And for some reasons the dot inlays make them look cheap as well

The standard is pretty good but do try it before you buy if possible. As in the exact one you're going to buy rather than the particular model. You could hit the jackpot if you're lucky or get a lemon if not. With low-mid end guitars, I find that some just don't click with you while some makes you feel like you just found a treasure. (well, technically that applies to any guitar really)
Thanks for the advice guys. I'll be going to a larger city tomorrow, where they have an actual store that sells instruments and see if I can't try both of them.
An LP with a bolt on neck is just wrong!
Moving on.....
So I went and had a look today. From looks alone the Standard looks like a better guitar. Looks more solid and overall well built, while the 100 looks cheap. So I'm definitely going for the Standard. Plus, it looked better in person, and the ebony one is just dead sexy!