Disclaimer: I've never tried an SLO nor a Jet City in person.

Now, I have fallen in love with my idea of the SLO sound.

This has come from a number of things, among which there are the fact that I much like 6505's which would have been "inspired" by the SLO, and the fact that I'm in love with the salvation modded MTS module designed after the SLO (the salvado deluxe).

I have never heard an SLO in person though, so I really have no concrete idea of how the real thing sounds, and if it sounds like the salvado deluxe or the 6505.

So, a couple questions kinda come to my mind:
first off, given the fact that in reality the SLO sound is just a myth and nobody knows how it actually sounds, does anybody here have a clue how close the SLO sounds to the 6505 and to the salvado deluxe?

And then, are there any amps that sound more or less like the SLO (and/or a "better" 6505 and/or the salvado deluxe)?

Or should I just try and find a way to try an SLO and a Jet City myself and stop asking relatively pointless questions on the internet?
Name's Luca.

Quote by OliOsbourne
I don't know anything about this topic, but I just clicked on this thread because of your username :O
Quote by Cajundaddy
Clue: amplifiers amplify so don't turn it on if you need quiet.
Quote by chrismendiola
I guess spambots are now capable of reading minds.
I'm not sure if this is of any help, but are you aware of the Wampler SLOstrortion? It's a high quality preamp pedal that is based on the SLO, and I've heard that it's pretty accurate, and at least it sounds amazing.

EDIT: to clarify, I'm not sure if the Wampler works like an actual preamp, as in that you could use it as a standalone unit. But it is meant to replicate the SLO sound in the least.
Last edited by guitar/bass95 at Sep 3, 2014,
Budget?
Quote by Cathbard
Quote by Raijouta
Unless its electronic drums.

BURN THE WITCH!!!!!
^ don't have a budget in mind.

I'm mostly looking for opinions at this point, so if any of you feel like there's something worth looking into, please mention it, whatever the price.

Cheap is always better though
Name's Luca.

Quote by OliOsbourne
I don't know anything about this topic, but I just clicked on this thread because of your username :O
Quote by Cajundaddy
Quote by chrismendiola
Quote by Spambot_2
^ don't have a budget in mind.

I'm mostly looking for opinions at this point, so if any of you feel like there's something worth looking into, please mention it, whatever the price.

Cheap is always better though

Soldano makes a really faithful SLO-like amp... For some reason the name of it escapes me.
Quote by Cathbard
Quote by Raijouta
Unless its electronic drums.

BURN THE WITCH!!!!!
First of all, **** you

Then, I would be searching for something kinda cheaper than the SLO if possible.

Do the Hot Rod series/avenger/lucky 13 sound like the SLO?
Name's Luca.

Quote by OliOsbourne
Quote by Cajundaddy
Quote by chrismendiola
The 6505 doesn't really sound like an SLO all that much, TBH. A large part of the preamp is the same, but then a number of things are different, and those changes are significant enough that the end result is pretty different. The power amp of the 6505 is also pretty different, and it will have much more low end thump (than an SLO without the depth or XL mod) as a result.

Never played the Salvado, so I dunno how close that is. Clips sound close-ish to the SLO I had, though nothing short of a real SLO or straight up clone with no mods will really capture the SLO sound. The interaction of the preamp with the effects loop is a pretty big part of the sound, in addition to the SLO's stiff power supply and power amp design. Even the Avengers, which are basically single channel SLOs without the effects loop and with a different set of transformers sound fairly different.

Closest you'll get on a budget is probably building a clone yourself, or modding a Jet City to be a bit closer.
E-peen:
Rhodes Gemini
Fryette Ultra Lead
Peavey 6505
THD Flexi 50

Gibson R0 Prototype
EBMM JP13 Rosewood
Fender CS Mary Kaye

WTLT

(512) Audio Engineering - Custom Pedal Builds, Mods and Repairs
One of the Jet City models has the same circuit design as the SLO. I can’t remember which one because this forum got off the Jet City bandwagon, tho.
Quote by jpnyc
One of the Jet City models has the same circuit design as the SLO. I can’t remember which one because this forum got off the Jet City bandwagon, tho.

All of them minus jca20h (crunch only) and jca5212. The rest share the same circuit with hot rod, just few parts different. And hot rod is also based on same circuit as slo100 if i have it right. So you can probably guess why Jet City is popular modding amp in some forums; its basically only few parts and pot value changes away from actual Soldano, minus the output transformer of course which you cannot get separately.

ESP LTD F-50 + Tonezone
Cort EVL-Z4 + X2N
Cort EVL-K47B

Marshall Valvestate 8100
Randall RG1503
Bugera 333
Peavey Rockmaster preamp

Line6 Pod X3
Quote by Spambot_2
First of all, **** you

Then, I would be searching for something kinda cheaper than the SLO if possible.

Do the Hot Rod series/avenger/lucky 13 sound like the SLO?

If you want an SLO sound for cheap, a Jet City is a good way to go. I own a SLO with the depth mod, & at lower volumes especially, you probably will get very close with a JC.
At stage volumes there will be a significant difference with the JC not having that warmth, although the JC still sounds pretty decent (I forgot which one I tried at NAMM, but it was a large-ish combo I believe).
I tried an Avenger once, & it sounded virtually identical IMO to the SLO at any volume. I've spoken to Mike Soldano many times, & the way he explained it is that the only real way to tell the difference is if you play the Avenger side by side with the SLO, which he says stays a bit more warm sounding & has a bit more punch (the DeYoung transformers), but if you play an SLO one day, & then play an Avenger the next day, you'd swear they were identical. They both have an incredibly "live feel" to them.
Some of you know I had Soldano build me a 20W 1X12 combo using the exact SLO preamp circuit paired with 2 EL84s in the output. It sounds very close to the real SLO, but just missing a tiny bit of edge & gain compared to the SLO or Avenger.

I'm pretty sure the Hot Rod series have the same SLO preamp circuits, but obviously all the Soldanos are expensive, & probably much more so in Europe.
Quote by 311ZOSOVHJH
Riffhog for President

Quote by Cathbard
There's no point apologising for your feet smelling when there's a 300lb gorilla in the room taking a crap on the couch.

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2011
Last edited by riffhog at Sep 3, 2014,
Quote by MaaZeus
its basically only few parts and pot value changes away from actual Soldano, minus the output transformer of course which you cannot get separately.

I actually could find some transformers that according to the internet (may god/allah/thor help me) are just about as good as the SLO ones and are popular among the SLO clone builders.

I like modding amps anyway, I'll look into modding a jet city indeed, thank y'all for the suggestion.

Anyway, the Yamaha T100 was designed by (or together with, I don't really remember) mike soldano.
Any opinions on that one?
Name's Luca.

Quote by OliOsbourne
Quote by Cajundaddy
Quote by chrismendiola
Quote by Spambot_2
I actually could find some transformers that according to the internet (may god/allah/thor help me) are just about as good as the SLO ones and are popular among the SLO clone builders.

I like modding amps anyway, I'll look into modding a jet city indeed, thank y'all for the suggestion.

Anyway, the Yamaha T100 was designed by (or together with, I don't really remember) mike soldano.

Run like your hair is on fire. They are nowhere close to a Soldano sound no matter what anyone says. A friend of mine has one, & he'd rather play with no amp than plug that thing in.

Edit: Even Mike said that Yamaha changed a ton of shit from his original design & cheaped out everywhere in the manufacturing process.
Quote by 311ZOSOVHJH
Riffhog for President

Quote by Cathbard
There's no point apologising for your feet smelling when there's a 300lb gorilla in the room taking a crap on the couch.

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2011
Last edited by riffhog at Sep 3, 2014,
Quote by Spambot_2

Sounds like a plan. Just google Jet City SLO mod and you will find circuit diagrams and explanations what pots and parts need a change. Doesnt seem much harder than the mesa mod for valveking.

ESP LTD F-50 + Tonezone
Cort EVL-Z4 + X2N
Cort EVL-K47B

Marshall Valvestate 8100
Randall RG1503
Bugera 333
Peavey Rockmaster preamp

Line6 Pod X3
Last edited by MaaZeus at Sep 3, 2014,
Quote by riffhog
Run like your hair is on fire.

And if I decide to go for the "let's mod the **** out of a jet city" do you think some supposedly high quality output transformer and possibly power transformer and possibly choke (what does that do anyway?) would be worth it?
Name's Luca.

Quote by OliOsbourne
Quote by Cajundaddy
Quote by chrismendiola
Quote by Spambot_2

And if I decide to go for the "let's mod the **** out of a jet city" do you think some supposedly high quality output transformer and possibly power transformer and possibly choke (what does that do anyway?) would be worth it?

A better OT is going to make a big difference, it's a very important part tonewise. The PT, don't bother, volts are volts. The choke is more of a bass response thing, not nearly as important as the OT. You can try a new one if you've got extra money to throw at it, but I'd suggest getting something good like an O'Netics OT first and worrying about the choke later or not at all.
Quote by Spambot_2

Like Colin said, just go for the OT unless you just want to throw money around. The OT will have a significant effect on the tone coming out of your speakers without a doubt. The PT could or could not, depending on Jet City's tolerances. But even if it does make a difference, there's no guarantee it will be a good difference, as a lower output voltage will make the preamp a bit squishier and more compressed, while a higher voltage will make it a bit more immediate and more dynamic, and there's no real guarantee of which you'd get without measuring your particular Jet City transformer.

The choke won't really do much either. It's just there for power filtering. Stock one is more than adequate. Value is much more important than brand. If Jet City uses 5H, you may want to bump it up to 10H like the SLO since chokes are cheap.
E-peen:
Rhodes Gemini
Fryette Ultra Lead
Peavey 6505
THD Flexi 50

Gibson R0 Prototype
EBMM JP13 Rosewood
Fender CS Mary Kaye

WTLT

just checked this out:
http://www.ampfactory.com/50h-custom/

pretty sure Soldano himself does the mods here. the aesthetic mods are rather nice and free except for the color tolex. The only paid mod I think it worth it is the OT replacement for a mercury magnetics tranny. the vintage mod is $75 and is nothing more than a cap change in the tone stack. Depth mod is $150 and is nothing more than an added pot.

if you ask them, they could mod it into a cheapo slo, but I think youd have to bend over for that one.

* I recommend that if youre buying a JC, you buy it from ampfactory since its a good price and you get to choose the front panel, logo, and knobs for free as well as free shipping.
Marty Friedman is GOD!

curently in a SEX MACHINEGUNS and X JAPAN phase AND Galneryus AND Anthem phase

damn J-Metal, why you so awesome

My Gear:

Schecter Hellraiser V-1 fr
Ibanez RG321mh
Fender GDC-200sce
Peavey Vypyr 30 w/ sanpera 1
Last edited by bustapr at Sep 3, 2014,
Quote by mmolteratx
Like Colin said, just go for the OT unless you just want to throw money around. The OT will have a significant effect on the tone coming out of your speakers without a doubt. The PT could or could not, depending on Jet City's tolerances. But even if it does make a difference, there's no guarantee it will be a good difference, as a lower output voltage will make the preamp a bit squishier and more compressed, while a higher voltage will make it a bit more immediate and more dynamic, and there's no real guarantee of which you'd get without measuring your particular Jet City transformer.

The choke won't really do much either. It's just there for power filtering. Stock one is more than adequate. Value is much more important than brand. If Jet City uses 5H, you may want to bump it up to 10H like the SLO since chokes are cheap.

I think all JC amps use a resistor to filter the supply instead of a choke.
Marty Friedman is GOD!

My Gear:

Ibanez RG321mh
Fender GDC-200sce
i always say this, but for the price they go for in europe it's hard to beat jet city- and that's even if you don't necessarily want the soldano thing. if you do they're so cheap compared to everything else that it's almost verging on a no-brainer. the 50 watt (high gain) head is like one sixth of the price of the avenger (and has more features), and one eighth of the price of the hot rod (which it's closely based on).

I haven't tried the SLO but I've tried the Avenger (and randy says they're close). I haven't tried the avenger and jet city head to head but they sound close enough to me, from (hazy) memory that I'd say that unless you had the real thing right next to you to compare, it would probably be close enough for rock and roll, kind of thing. that's not to say the jet city is as good as the soldano, but it's in the ballpark.

i also agree with matt, the 5150s i've tried weren't really that like the avenger i tried (or my jet city).
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by bustapr
This does look nice, but I'm on the other side of the pond, so I'd end up paying a shit ton of money in shipping and import taxes.

And I'd rather mod the thing myself.

Also I'm hesitant - d'ya think a heavily modded jet city would sound like an SLO enough, or I should just find the time and components needed and build a whole SLO clone?

And, I'm starting thinking, how in the world would the components alone for an SLO build cost me here in Europe?

Damn I'm not gonna sleep well tonight
Name's Luca.

Quote by OliOsbourne
Quote by Cajundaddy
Quote by chrismendiola
Last edited by Spambot_2 at Sep 3, 2014,
I would personally rather build the clone
Quote by SG_dave at #33549256
I've never wanted to see a guy eat dick so much in my life.
Quote by ali.guitarkid7 at #33553650
If you are white, you are scum.
if you have the time, know how to solder stuff, read a schematic, and know what parts can kill you at any moment, then I wholeheartedly encourage you to build an slo clone.ampclones.com sells a pcb and chassis set for €115.29. The pcb they sell you comes with a bill of materials which will save you a buttload of time. if you send them an email, I think they can even sell you a dual eq version of the slo pcb and chassis for slightly more.

again, if you dont know about electronics and what parts can kill you and you decide to do it anyway, you have a higher risk of dying.

*Id say that with all the parts purchased except for the headcab, the amp would cost you around €500-€600 if you go with a good quality onetics or MM OT.
Marty Friedman is GOD!

My Gear:

Ibanez RG321mh
Fender GDC-200sce
Last edited by bustapr at Sep 3, 2014,
Besides a Jet City, there is the Yamaha T100/50 which were Soldanos first try at a budget design (he scrapped it because Yamaha cheeped out on certain parts)

Then Soldano had the SL60 and SL100 which were made to the same SLO spec's but diff tannys. These were made in Japan and have gotten just as expensive as modern Soldano HRA+ amps.

The 5150/6505 is an almost exact copy of a SLO but it has a more aggressive tone(I don't know why)
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
the old 5150 from back in the 90s(?) was almost exact clone. since then theyve changed the design alot. I personally think the newer 5150s sound like ass.
Marty Friedman is GOD!

My Gear:

Ibanez RG321mh
Fender GDC-200sce
Quote by bustapr
the old 5150 from back in the 90s(?) was almost exact clone. since then theyve changed the design alot. I personally think the newer 5150s sound like ass.

No, same amp it has always been it just has a new name 6505. the 5150II/6505+ are a bit different, but the 6505 is still the same as the original 5150
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
Last edited by Robbgnarly at Sep 3, 2014,
Quote by bustapr

No, it was never an exact clone, and it hasn't changed at all.

Quote by bustapr
I think all JC amps use a resistor to filter the supply instead of a choke.

Eww gross. Didn't know that. Definitely replace it with a choke then to tighten it up.
E-peen:
Rhodes Gemini
Fryette Ultra Lead
Peavey 6505
THD Flexi 50

Gibson R0 Prototype
EBMM JP13 Rosewood
Fender CS Mary Kaye

WTLT

i owned a couple of jet citys, honestly IIRC a 50watt head and than the 20watt combos (kept getting duds)

i had the money for a SLO, ready to do the deal, i had a guy that was really good to me at GC get one brought it in. it was totally amazing. ****. it made jet city its bitch totally. i turned it up pretty good and it is just awesome.

however, i decided i needed to sleep on it. i was speakng with my father the next day and said 'are you sure that you need it;' i was like yea.

he said he would pick me up in 20 minutes or something, he didn't tell me where we were heading, we were in the convertable (5.0L mustang that he never let me put a 351W in) and talking. we pull up to dave's pianos (tampa and brandon florida, great guy). i had been playing piano more and my digital piano wasn't doing it for me. to cut it short i was in there he demo'd me a bunch of pianos, and i see one i love, a black yamaha upright, that he got in the day before. i played it, he showed me the condition and explained things and it is like 100% new, but was 10 years old. i bought it. $2450 after tax with free delivery, and tuning and having a guy come back in six weeks for a fine tune and a check up and yea. i love that piano, and for once, i am glad i didn't buy an amp.

also my dad didn't pay a dime its my piano at my house. I have my businesses and degrees on my wall. he has his own.

but the SLO was a great amp. i already have a decent amount of amps, none really similar to a SLO, but i can get most any tone i like.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
^ I'm still over the pond.

That module + an unloaded RM would end up costing me a bit more than the materials for the SLO build.

Also I like soldering stuff, so I guess I found how to spend the next €600 or so.

Thank y'all for the suggestions!
Quote by trashedlostfdup
however, i decided i needed to sleep on it. i was speakng with my father the next day and said 'are you sure that you need it;' i was like yea.

*story*

also my dad didn't pay a dime its my piano at my house. I have my businesses and degrees on my wall. he has his own.
Meaning you think I should buy something more useful than a guitar amp?
Name's Luca.

Quote by OliOsbourne
Quote by Cajundaddy
Quote by chrismendiola
Last edited by Spambot_2 at Sep 4, 2014,
Quote by Spambot_2
^ I'm still over the pond.

That module + an unloaded RM would end up costing me a bit more than the materials for the SLO build.

Also I like soldering stuff, so I guess I found how to spend the next €600 or so.

Thank y'all for the suggestions!
Meaning you think I should buy something more useful than a guitar amp ?

not at all. it may have been posted confusingly.

i am not familiar with your gear, i was just trying to say its a lot of cash for a SLO, there are other things. i love playing the piano, i enjoy that more than another amp (in my situation, a Splawn KT88 Promod, a Splawn KT88 Nitro, Fryette Sig:X, a MKIV, and a Trem-O-Verb. i realized that they kept most of my bases covered already.

will i buy a SLO, who knows, i would love to have them. but just think about the investment. that money puts you in the ihgher end Diezel, or a really nice guitar, really nice PRS, or a couple of Gibsons (even Gibson Custom) or maye a Parker or suhr. or even one of those guitars with a nice amp.

SLO's are awesome, but as a guitarist in the world there is a lot of stuff out there. and its a decent amount of cash.

from what all the Randall mod amps, maybe the SLO preamp in that would be the answer. i haven't ever tried one.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7

Quote by trashedlostfdup

Quote by andersondb7

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Quote by trashedlostfdup
not at all. it may have been posted confusingly.

i am not familiar with your gear, i was just trying to say its a lot of cash for a SLO, there are other things. i love playing the piano, i enjoy that more than another amp (in my situation, a Splawn KT88 Promod, a Splawn KT88 Nitro, Fryette Sig:X, a MKIV, and a Trem-O-Verb. i realized that they kept most of my bases covered already.
Oow, alright, I got that now.

Well I guess I could explain a lot of reasons why this seems a good idea to me, but thinking about it a bit I'll just keep looking for other options and see if I can find a used powerball 2 for cheap in the meantime
Name's Luca.

Quote by OliOsbourne
Quote by Cajundaddy
Quote by chrismendiola
Quote by Spambot_2
Oow, alright, I got that now.

Well I guess I could explain a lot of reasons why this seems a good idea to me, but thinking about it a bit I'll just keep looking for other options and see if I can find a used powerball 2 for cheap in the meantime

i am also a gear wh0re. and hunt for deals. both mesas i paid $<800 a piece both splawns at $1000 and $950 a piece, and the Fryette is a grand. i find that i am very satisfied with things used on killer deals at a good price.

honestly i realize that they are totally different amps, but i would buy a mesa Road King II any day a week over a SLO. **** those things are awesome.

but you could total my amps listed above for the price of a new SLO. i am happier with what i got.

just food for thought.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7

Quote by trashedlostfdup

Quote by andersondb7

****** NEW NEW NEW!
Building an actual SLO is a great idea, if you're up to it. If you can afford it, go for top end output transformers, even if it delays the build. Real SLO's had DeYoung trannies. Pretty sure O'Netics make a SLO output tranny too which would be good.
If you really want an accurate reproduction, don't skimp on the OT.

The thing about the SLO, is they can produce real high gain distortion without getting all compressed. That's the biggest difference between it and a 6505 IMO. I'll probably build a SLO myself one day. The RM satisfies my need for SLOness for now. SLO good.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
Quote by Spambot_2
This does look nice, but I'm on the other side of the pond, so I'd end up paying a shit ton of money in shipping and import taxes.

And I'd rather mod the thing myself.

Also I'm hesitant - d'ya think a heavily modded jet city would sound like an SLO enough, or I should just find the time and components needed and build a whole SLO clone?

And, I'm starting thinking, how in the world would the components alone for an SLO build cost me here in Europe?

Damn I'm not gonna sleep well tonight

it depends on how keen you are on building the thing.

if you're like me and "not keen at all" just buy the jet city and see what you think. to my ears, it's "close enough" to the avenger I tried, the (pretty massive admittedly) caveat being that I don't have an avenger here to try it against. But you don't have a soldano there to compare the jet city to either You already have a good suitable cab (you have the HB g2121 vintage, right?) so you can just buy the 50 watt head for ~£240.

Also GAK in England has some pretty good deals on the peavey 6505 head at the moment (£600, about 750 euros, though postage will be extra and you'll need an EY plug adaptor) if you want to go down that route. but as matt said, it sounds even less like an slo. http://www.gak.co.uk/en/peavey-6505-head/5225
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?