I was just curious what other people thought of them. I have been pleasantly surprised by how good some of them sound. I wouldn't recommend using them for any serious playing situations like gigs or recording sessions, but for a beginner who is just getting into effects and doesn't have a lot of money I think they would work out well. I have the delay and it worked really well for me while I used it, but I did eventually upgrade to the Flashback Delay by TC Electronic (and if you saw my other post, you'll know that I'm getting an analog delay as well). I was also surprised by the chorus and overdrive pedals, but I will say that both the FAB Metal and FAB Distortion seem to be total garbage (but I'm also biased because I prefer the sound of an amp's distortion). I don't have any experience with the flange or echo pedals, so I can't speak for them. Anyway, what do you guys think?
They're okay. The plastic casing isn't the strongest and they're prone to breaking.

That being said I don't think the FAB pedals are bad (I used the OD for a long time and still have the chorus) but I think I'd rather spend an extra 10 bucks and grab a joyo or something.
Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
I was using a FAB chorus until I looked inside it and saw a miniature version of the mouse trap game. I went straight out and bought myself a CE2 that I knew wasn't gonna fly apart. The Dano sounded good but internally, it's a friggin nightmare.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
…I think I'd rather spend an extra 10 bucks and grab a joyo or something.

+1.
[quote="I went straight out and bought myself a CE2 that I knew wasn't gonna fly apart.[/QUOTE"]

I've been meaning to get one for a long a time, but I don't really like using ebay. I'm also quite satisfied with my MXR M234 Analog Chorus.

I've seen some demos of the joyo pedals online, but I've never tried any of them, because they aren't readily available where I live. The music stores around me all carry the FAB pedals, so I used to mess around with them a lot when I first started getting into effects.
I picked up a fab delay for $10. It works so it was an ok deal. It leaves a lil to be desired but, again, it works.

(That reminds me to update my sig with the new gem on my pedalboard, I shoulda done a npd for it)
Fender Mustang/Derfenstein DST> Boss Power Wah> Pedal Monsters Klone> Bogner Uberschall> Walrus Audio Janus> Randall RM20> Line 6 M9> Randall RM20
Last edited by lucky1978 at Sep 3, 2014,
Yeah, I know what you mean. To me the repeats always sounded a little muddy and if I wanted to turn the effect up high the repeats still sounded too quiet for me even with the mix all the way up. That's why I eventually upgraded.
Bought the chorus, sounded great then quit. New one sounds fine, will upgrade certainly, but for now it helps with certain applications. Will not play out with this pedal.
Quote by Cathbard
I was using a FAB chorus until I looked inside it and saw a miniature version of the mouse trap game. I went straight out and bought myself a CE2 that I knew wasn't gonna fly apart. The Dano sounded good but internally, it's a friggin nightmare.

I'll agree here.
I think the chorus sounded pretty good. I'd buy another one to screw around with at home, but would not gig with it.
I thought the flange sounded like shit.
The Echo is a slapback but can be easily modified to be a full on delay ,if you can handle dealing with SMD components, but really its only adding a pot and soldering a wire to one of the SMD resistors and I think to another trace. A 100k pot works ok as long a you don't take it past about 3/4, then it gets a bit glitchy.
Theres a whole thread on it here : http://www.diystompboxes.com/smfforum/index.php?topic=64519.0

The Metal distortion is on par with a Boss MT2.
Last edited by CodeMonk at Feb 27, 2015,