Page 1 of 2
Hey guys,

A few weeks ago I was given a $50 gift card to any Darden restaurant (Olive Garden, Bahama Breeze, Longhorn, etc.) There's this girl that I've been chatting up for a while and I'm thinking about asking her out. If we go to out to eat, would she think it was tacky or cheap to pay with the gift card?

inb4 olive garden is shite
Ahh, the boy wants to know about the birds and the bees.
Quote by SGstriker
If KFC is finger-licking good, then people would probably suck dicks for Popeyes. That's how good it is.

There's nothing left here to be saved
Just barreling dogs and barking trains
Another year lost to the blue line
Anybody who thinks it's tacky needs to have a disaster strike them personally. Seriously, they need to experience starvation. Complete degradation.

If saving money is tacky to your date, then you're dodging a bullet. For real.
В словах есть что-то неприличное.
I'd prefer not to, but it doesn't seem like that big of a deal. I mean, food is food. It was paid for, either way.
Quote by Trowzaa
I wish I was American.

~ A Rolling Potato Gathers No Moss ~
Quote by angusfan16
Sell the gift card for $50 and use that to pay for your meal
I think you mean trade.
Quote by SGstriker
If KFC is finger-licking good, then people would probably suck dicks for Popeyes. That's how good it is.

There's nothing left here to be saved
Just barreling dogs and barking trains
Another year lost to the blue line
i doubt your date will see you pay. just slip it in the black thingy with the check, it'll look like a credit card

btw olive garden is not shit, its pretty rad actually
banned
If she cares about it at all and you don't mind then you obviously have different priorities when it comes to financial matters so using a gift card is like a test of character or something
cat
Quote by YeahKyuss
any Darden restaurant (Olive Garden, Bahama Breeze, Longhorn, etc.

fuck that

...modes and scales are still useless.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b
Voted for Patron Çıldırdı.

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
The only things worth eating at Olive Garden are breadsticks, salad, and wine.
Quote by SteveHouse
This thread is officially about sucking Sleaze off for a sig.

Quote by tayroar
Hey Sleaze I'll give you a blowjob if you sig me. Maybe even some nudey photos?

Quote by crazy8rgood

Sleaze, that made me lulz in my pants.

Quote by 36mikeyb36
hahaha Sleaze i'd give you my mom for that one.
Eat some place that's cheap but good beforehand, then go to Olive Garden and just order drinks with the giftcard
Quote by SG_dave at #33549256
I've never wanted to see a guy eat dick so much in my life.
Quote by ali.guitarkid7 at #33553650
If you are white, you are scum.
Quote by Sleaze Disease
The only things worth eating at Olive Garden are breadsticks, salad, and wine.

$50 of Olive Garden wine? I rarely buy wine when I go out since its so overpriced compared to other drinks. Plus drinking wine alone is kind of my thing.
BOOM-SHAKALAKALAKA-BOOM-SHAKALAKUNGA
Quote by Zaphikh

This.

Seriously, if she thinks paying with a gift card is a bad thing, kick her to the curb asap.
If she's cool like that, just be like "Hey, I got this gift card, wanna come and blow it all on scampi and pinot?"

If all else, you've asked a girl to both "come and blow"
Do you think using a gift card on a date is cheap and tacky? Yes? Then don't do it. No? Then do it. Honestly though, if she's a spoiled brat who thinks she's a princess, and judges you on how you spend your money on her, she's not worth a second of your time anyway.
1) this thread demonstrates how the UG groupthink is overwhelmingly masculine and

Quote by snipelfritz
$50 of Olive Garden wine? I rarely buy wine when I go out since its so overpriced compared to other drinks. Plus drinking wine alone is kind of my thing.

2) they don't make the wine themselves dumbass bottle wine is bottled wine no matter where you go
Quote by yellowfrizbee
What does a girl have to do to get it in the butt thats all I ever wanted from you. Why, Ace? Why? I clean my asshole every night hoping and wishing and it never happens.
Bitches be Crazy.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
If you think it's tacky, then just totally own up to it. Make some self-deprecating comments about how shitty of a date you are.

Side note: I'm not the best with girls, so this could very well be the wrong thing to do.
Quote by snipelfritz
If she's cool like that, just be like "Hey, I got this gift card, wanna come and blow it all on scampi and pinot?"

If all else, you've asked a girl to both "come and blow"

Thats probably not a bad idea. If youre young and this is the only way to afford a dinner then i think its fine,but if you have a job and money then pay for the date and use the card someother time.
Quote by Night
wtf is a selfie? is that like, touching yourself or something?
Quote by Vanhalaf
Split the bill with her, bitch can pay for her own food.

You probably don't get many 2nd dates, do you? Especially since you think it's ok to call women "bitch".
Pay with the gift card, but tip big in cash so she knows you're not a cheap ass.

EDIT:^Don't be a bitch, Sam.
Quote by crazysam23_Atax
You probably don't get many 2nd dates, do you? Especially since you think it's ok to call women "bitch".

I have never went on a date in the sense that you do - going out to movies, restaurants and the like. I spend my money, if I do, in more lucrative ways.
Quote by Acϵ♠
2) they don't make the wine themselves dumbass bottle wine is bottled wine no matter where you go

I mean that I understand. But I'm saying a glass of wine you would buy at at any basic restaurant, you could buy the full bottle for the same price in any grocery store. And THEY buy the bottles by the case from wholesalers. I realize how bars/restaurants work (I've worked in one and drank in many), and the return on wine sales is insane compared to beer and relatively better compared to hard liquor as compared to drinking alone at your home.
Quote by crazysam23_Atax

ok lolmnt
Quote by Night
wtf is a selfie? is that like, touching yourself or something?
Quote by snipelfritz
I mean that I understand. But I'm saying a glass of wine you would buy at at any basic restaurant, you could buy the full bottle for the same price in any grocery store. And THEY buy the bottles by the case from wholesalers. I realize how bars/restaurants work (I've worked in one and drank in many), and the return on wine sales is insane compared to beer and relatively better compared to hard liquor as compared to drinking alone at your home.

Yep. A glass of Kendall Jackson Chardonnay at the restaurant where I work is $9. You can buy a bottle of it for about that price at a local grocery store.
She might even think it's kind of cute.. not even kidding

I'm also going ahead assuming you're a poor uni student or something like myself and many others. If you're 30 or something I don't think cute is what you're after
Last edited by vayne92 at Sep 4, 2014,
50 is a damn lot of money. You'd be stupid not to capitalize from the card.
Dance in the moonlight my old friend twilight

Quote by metal4eva_22
What's this about ****ing corpses? My UG senses were tingling.
Quote by snipelfritz

Sure, wine (or any alcoholic drink at a restaurant) is expensive, but so is everything else at Olive Garden.
My point wasn't about price, but about the fact that most of the food there just isn't very good, aside from breadsticks and salad, which are pretty hard to **** up.
Quote by SteveHouse
This thread is officially about sucking Sleaze off for a sig.

Quote by tayroar
Hey Sleaze I'll give you a blowjob if you sig me. Maybe even some nudey photos?

Quote by crazy8rgood

Sleaze, that made me lulz in my pants.

Quote by 36mikeyb36
hahaha Sleaze i'd give you my mom for that one.
If it's a first date, I'd say pay with your own money just to avoid setting a poor first impression.

It'd be different if you were actively dating.
Quote by Zaphikh
Anybody who thinks it's tacky needs to have a disaster strike them personally. Seriously, they need to experience starvation. Complete degradation.

For sure, if she judges your payment method on her FREE meal ditch her, there are better girls out there!
If you have it, I would think a date is the perfect time to use it.
Gear:

ESP EC-50
ESP FB-204

MXR '78 Custom Badass Distortion
Dunlop Crybaby
MXR EVH Phase 90
MXR Analog Chorus

"Music is the strongest form of magic." - Marilyn Manson
why would she care about how you pay for your half of the meal?
O.K.

“There's never enough time to do all the nothing you want.”
~ Bill Watterson

O__o
Page 1 of 2