Hello all,

I know this is going to sound very strange because the two guitars I hesitated between which are not at all identical. But I wonder all the same ...
Could you give me your opinion between PARKER PDF 100 and a Godin SUMMIT CT ??

Both are very well finish and with good pickup so it's a question of design... do not know what to choose.

My style of play is quite varied, ranging from funk clean, greasy blues to rock ...
I actually play on a Yamaha 641D (H s H) with a really flat neck, radius 25.4'.

I think Parker has a much wider range of sounds but the Godin sound really good.

Finally if you could give me 2-3 opinion would help me ...

Sincerely yours

Chris
That's two mid-priced guitars that are generally well made. It's almost a stone-cold you pick it.

The Parker is probably more tonally flexible, but- as I recall- that particular Godin might be a little better made than that particular Parker.

Could you give a bit more insight as to your playstyle?
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

Why, yes, I am a lawyer- thanks for asking!

Log off and play yer guitar!

Strap on, tune up, rock out!
Playlist is more-less own song based on some funky riffs chords and rhythm.
Also some cover like those bands : Big Soul, doobie brother, fine young cannibals.

Like to play some blues licks and monster lick too.

Did you try both guitar or maybe one and you can give me your small review ?
I've played other guitars by both brands in the same price range, but neither of those in particular.
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

Just reading your band list, though, I'm not sure either would be the best option for you. Neither guitar has a singlecoil or coil-split option, and those bands do tend to have a sound dominated by singlecoil tones.

Maybe something HSS, HSH or with splittable HBs would be a better option.

I know Godin has some HSS guitars- see the Stratclone Sessions and the quirky Rcihmond Belmont for 2 examples- and the HSH Freeway and xtSA.

I know Parker USED to do some killer HSS guitars, but I haven't seen any lately. As I recall, many of those also featured bridge piezo systems...

i don't know which parker that is or which i have played, but when you spend a few $$$ on a parker, hot damn they are amazing.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
the parker would be my pick.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
I think you will make a lovely couple!

Don't forget a NGD thread when you get it. We want pix!

Quote by dannyalcatraz
Just reading your band list, though, I'm not sure either would be the best option for you. Neither guitar has a singlecoil or coil-split options

I'm pretty sure the PDF series all have coil splitting even though it's not apparent on their page. I'm thinking about a PDF 85 myself and it seems like they mention that in reviews.
If true, to that's a CLEAR winner...at least in my book.

Yeah, I definitely want one. There was a used one at GC one day, I tried it and really liked it. It was really beat up though, which made its price not so attractive at the time...
I'd rock a Parker before I rock a Godin..

I snagged a used P-40 for $145 on Kijiji, no piezo but I wouldn't use it anyway hah.

Parker I find are very consistent, whereas all the Godins I've played have been across the board in terms of quality, tone as well. The Parker is what would serve you better imo.
Main Rig:

Epiphone MKH Les Paul Custom 7 - Ronda
Ibanez RG8 "Scarlet" - AKA The Rambanez
Fender Strat "Danielle"/"Dani"
Line 6 POD HD Pro
Randall XL 4x12

Come join us...

Purchase list: Jim Root Tele, Jim Root Jazzmaster, MTM20
I like the Parker.
Some see the glass half full, others see the glass half empty. Me? I see that the glass is refillable.
Quote by Charvel1995

Parker I find are very consistent, whereas all the Godins I've played have been across the board in terms of quality, tone as well.

Really? All the Godins I've played have been pretty sweet.

Hmmm...either I'm lucky, you're unlucky, ore we're both statistical outliers!

Hi guys.

Got the axe last saturday.
Simply nice.
Wood are amazing, the neck is same as silk, i love the ebony.
Color is from black to water green.
The gauge could have been more low but it's fine like this.
The seymour Duncan deliver really good sound and if you play with the Tone pot you have access to a wide variety of sound from deep jazz chords to clear funky or metal licks.

The bad is that the day i receive it i cut my left hand index finger! And deep.
So have too wait now for my finger to get better to start again rocking on the PDF100.

See you and thanks again.

IMAGE - 01

IMAGE - 02
Gas!!!!!

Serious case of it too. Sorry to hear about your injury though. That's a bummer. :-(
Last edited by OliveG at Sep 16, 2014,