Any first hand experience with this guitar? How does it compare with and Epi LP standard?
Which lp special? If Gibson, it will be way better, imo its not worth bothering with the Epi. If Gibson, check it over really well and definitely try it before you buy it. Gibson is slipping, but still much better than Epi...mostly. I'm not a fan of the "J" but apparently some people have had good luck.
Fender Mustang/Derfenstein DST> Boss Power Wah> Pedal Monsters Klone> Bogner Uberschall> Walrus Audio Janus> Randall RM20> Line 6 M9> Randall RM20
Quote by lucky1978
Which lp special? If Gibson, it will be way better, imo its not worth bothering with the Epi. If Gibson, check it over really well and definitely try it before you buy it. Gibson is slipping, but still much better than Epi...mostly. I'm not a fan of the "J" but apparently some people have had good luck.

This is always the important thing with Gibson. You can find a great cheap guitar just as easily as you can find a crappy expensive guitar.

Try the actual guitar you'll be buying (not just a similar one before ordering online). If you fall in love with it, buy it. If you don't, move on & keep looking.
Gibson LP Traditional, LP GT, LP Studio, SG Standard x2
Barber Tone Press > EHX Worm >TC Polytune > EXH Glove > EHX East River Drive > Zoom G3 > TC Spark Mini Booster
EVH 5150 III LBXII
Jet City JCA22H
My SoundCloud