I own a Gibson Flying V and ESP Eclipse
but it's a hassle taking them out of the hard case to practice, or to load those heavy mofos up in my car to goto the rehearsals. Especially since my V's case is extra long and hard to fit in my puny honda civic.

I was thinking of buying a Fender MIM Tele since I don't want another guitar for shredding or ear pounding riffs. I do play funk here and there so I thought it'd be a nice twist to my gears. But it's really hard to find HS setting or SH setting for a tele that's not MIJ or MI USA. I also don't want to spend that much for a guitar that I'll be throwing around here and there.

All I want is an used guitar that stays in tune, possibly with HS or SH for 180~250.
Any suggestions? doesn't have to be a name brand or anything, just something that sounds decent.
what about a strat? there are a fair few MIM strats with a bridge humbucker alongside single coils. unless you really don't want the middle single coil.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
nashville tele.

very versatile. mine is out of your budget though, but i am sure you could find something cheaper like an MIM.

hell you could get a new bridge for it and stick a humbucker in the bridge slot.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
i read through that again. are you going to gig with a cheaper guitar just so you don't have to lug the other around?

if you are going to gig it, i don't think that is overly great. you have a pair of nice guitars, use them.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7

Quote by trashedlostfdup

Quote by andersondb7

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Quote by trashedlostfdup
i read through that again. are you going to gig with a cheaper guitar just so you don't have to lug the other around?

if you are going to gig it, i don't think that is overly great. you have a pair of nice guitars, use them.

Re-read it again, then. He said it's for rehearsals, not gigs.

Quote by ginkxes
But it's really hard to find HS setting or SH setting for a tele that's not MIJ or MI USA.

Look for a cheap, used, Squier Affinity or Standard series Tele that feels good and comfortable to you.

Then put a cheap but good humbucker in it (for example, GFS if you're in the USA, IronGear if you're in Europe).
Squier "VMC" Stratocaster
PRS SE Singlecut
tc electronic polytune
CMAT MODS Signa Drive
Blakemore Effects Deus Ex Machina
DIY gaussmarkov Dr. Boogey
EHX Small Clone
Mooer ShimVerb
DIY Beavis Devolt
T-REX Fuel Tank Chameleon
Ampeg GVT52-112
Quote by Linkerman
Re-read it again, then. He said it's for rehearsals, not gigs.

Look for a cheap, used, Squier Affinity or Standard series Tele that feels good and comfortable to you.

Then put a cheap but good humbucker in it (for example, GFS if you're in the USA, IronGear if you're in Europe).

I may have mushed that a bit, but when i rehearse i try to make sure everything is as close to a gig scenario. amps I could see being different being weight.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7

Quote by trashedlostfdup

Quote by andersondb7

****** NEW NEW NEW!
Quote by trashedlostfdup
I may have mushed that a bit, but when i rehearse i try to make sure everything is as close to a gig scenario. amps I could see being different being weight.

For rehearsals my band is super relaxed. We use whatever is handy or doesn't create much hassle for each of us.

We know extremely well the gear we use on gigs, we just check everything that isn't being used a couple of days prior to make sure we aren't loading damaged/defective equipment into the cars (with plenty of spare time to find replacements if necessary) and to see if there aren't no technical issues that need to be sorted out beforehand.
It's been years of doing this, it's almost an automated process for us, and we haven't had any bad surprises so far.
PRS SE Singlecut
tc electronic polytune
CMAT MODS Signa Drive
EHX Small Clone
Mooer ShimVerb
DIY Beavis Devolt
Ampeg GVT52-112
My son is always wanting to play my Flying V so i set out to find a suitable copy for him to play.....I found a Samick Veronica Flying V for 120 buck at a local guitar shop.....

It's very nice quality for the price and sounds great and is fun to play.....I would recommend it to a V fan looking for a knock around guitar
Quote by diabolical
Try Godin or Peavey used - for some reason they have lower resale values and I personally can't find much at fault with them. Bought used budget Godin at $300 and love it.

+1 for example i bought a Peaevy Horizon II from 1982 that is mint. and its a damn nice guitar. i can't remember if i paid $30 or $40 for it. that guitar is royally amazing. the (stock) wiring is a bit odd, but its really cool.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7

Quote by trashedlostfdup

Quote by andersondb7

****** NEW NEW NEW!
Quote by Linkerman
For rehearsals my band is super relaxed. We use whatever is handy or doesn't create much hassle for each of us.

We know extremely well the gear we use on gigs, we just check everything that isn't being used a couple of days prior to make sure we aren't loading damaged/defective equipment into the cars (with plenty of spare time to find replacements if necessary) and to see if there aren't no technical issues that need to be sorted out beforehand.
It's been years of doing this, it's almost an automated process for us, and we haven't had any bad surprises so far.

i understand that for sure and am the same. some other members are not as far as my playing goes. it just depends on who and when and how long you play with them.

for me though,

i have everything in ONE bag that i need of small things, it never gets open until we are setting up, i break down and it goes back. before i go out again i check it. i wrote up an inventory list. that takes two minutes to go through. cab head and i am on my way.

your doing it right sorry if i came off rude. i do get what you mean.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7

Quote by trashedlostfdup

Quote by andersondb7

****** NEW NEW NEW!
Thanks for all your inputs! I'm currently looking through Peavey's.
Quote by trashedlostfdup
your doing it right sorry if i came off rude. i do get what you mean.

No problem, man.

I get what you were saying too -- if you always rehearse with the same gear and with everything setup as a gig situation, you'll be more prepared and more acquainted with the sound setup for gigs.
And we probably should do that, but lazyness, practical reasons, etc., you know? I sometimes even use gear in rehearsals that I know I won't ever use on gigs simply due to boredom, to change things up and force myself to try to make it work with different stuff to spark creativity. And every once in a while it works.
PRS SE Singlecut
tc electronic polytune
CMAT MODS Signa Drive
EHX Small Clone
Mooer ShimVerb
DIY Beavis Devolt
Ampeg GVT52-112