Hi,

I have absolutely no idea how it happened, I think it might have been a friend messing around with it or something, but the input jack on my Marshall MG10CF amp has broken. It seems like the input or whatever has fallen down into the amp. I tried to unscrew the back because I thought it would be an easy job of just finding it and putting it back again but it's all stuck together pretty solidly. Just wanted to see if anybody has an idea as to what I could do before I start dishing out cash for someone else to fix it

Thanks
So, you mean that the input jack fell into the amp, and it's somehow tangled and you can't get it up again? How exactly is it stuck?
Quote by isobelmoloney
I tried to unscrew the back because I thought it would be an easy job of just finding it and putting it back again but it's all stuck together pretty solidly.)
Pull.

You gotta find a way to pull.
Everyone has its own - someone uses a screwdriver, someone uses small crowbars...

Me myself (my old man's idea actually), when I opened an MG30 I got a couple screws slightly bigger than the amp ones, I put them in the holes screwing them in just a bit, and then I pulled these.

You may also use the stock screws if you decide to do that I think.
Name's Luca.

Quote by OliOsbourne
I don't know anything about this topic, but I just clicked on this thread because of your username :O
Quote by Cajundaddy
Clue: amplifiers amplify so don't turn it on if you need quiet.
Quote by chrismendiola
I guess spambots are now capable of reading minds.
I wasn't paying attention and went to plug the cable in, and it didn't have that click and it's basically like an empty hole? So I'm assuming that the socket's fallen back into the amp, and even though I unscrewed the board on the back, it seems like it's glued on. Sorry, don't think I explained myself very well.
Quote by Spambot_2
Pull.

You gotta find a way to pull.
Everyone has its own - someone uses a screwdriver, someone uses small crowbars...

Me myself (my old man's idea actually), when I opened an MG30 I got a couple screws slightly bigger than the amp ones, I put them in the holes screwing them in just a bit, and then I pulled these.

You may also use the stock screws if you decide to do that I think.

Hahaha I've tried but I'll think I'll give it another go. Just don't want to damage it but I'll try that screw idea! Thank you
Oh, you meant that the back plate is stuck Took me a while. Yes, as Spambot said, just pull. If you can't do it with the stock screws, find something else you can use as a leverage for example.
Fixed! Thanks guys! Just had to pop the socket back through the hole after levering the back open, thought I was gonna break my screwdriver!