I hope this is the right forum, if not, sorry!

My AC30 is a 6/TB, made in 2003 in England. I bought it used a few months ago and so far it's been brilliant, and I love it so much. Until about 10 minutes ago...

I switched it on to warm up, which was fine, but when I flicked the standby switch to start playing it kind of spluttered for a second and the standby light flickered before it shut off completely.

So it turns out the 12A fuse located next to the mains input has blown. All the other fuses attached to the PCB are fine.

Is it worth replacing the fuse to see if it does it again? Reading elsewhere, it looks like a tube replacement is the first stop. As I got it used, I have no idea how old they are.

I've probably answered my own question there, but obviously I'm concerned about my baby! Any advice is much appreciated - perhaps what tubes I should put in?
Try a new fuse. Next time you turn it on, don't use the standby.

That is, leave the standby switch in the 'play' position and just turn it on with the power switch. AC30s have a known issue with inrush current using the standby switch.

If that doesn't work, get a set of spare power tubes and a spare rectifier tube and try those. But I bet this is just a standby switch issue.
Quote by Roc8995

That is, leave the standby switch in the 'play' position and just turn it on with the power switch. AC30s have a known issue with inrush current using the standby switch.

If that doesn't work, get a set of spare power tubes and a spare rectifier tube and try those. But I bet this is just a standby switch issue.

This^

I had the same issue with my AC30CCH. As soon as I would flick the stby switch on, the HT fuse would blow, along with my rec tube.

I stopped using the stby, and never had the issue again.
Guitars:
PRS Custom 24
Gibson Les Paul 60's Tribute
85' MIJ Strat
97' Snakepit Les Paul
LP Traditional 1960 Zebra
MIJ Tele
MIA Strat

Amps:
Silver Jubilee 2525
Peavey Ultra 112
Jet City JCA50H
66' Bassman
Pink Paisley Princeton RV
74' Vibro Champ
Quote by Roc8995

Thanks for the advice. I replaced the fuse and switched the amp on with the standby already on. The fuse hasn't blown, and the tubes are glowing, but the standby light doesn't come on and I get no sound. Any suggestions why this might be?
Quote by tom.jackson.92
Thanks for the advice. I replaced the fuse and switched the amp on with the standby already on. The fuse hasn't blown, and the tubes are glowing, but the standby light doesn't come on and I get no sound. Any suggestions why this might be?

I used to repair amps and have an AC30CCH, and also have repaired a few AC30's
My first thought:
Rectifier tube