Looking to get a nice low watt vintage tube amp to pair with my SSS MIM strat with 57/62 pick ups. I'd like it to break up nice at higher volumes to get a nice bluesy/classic rock tone. Not looking to spend more than $500. Any suggestions or comments are greatly appreciated. Thanks
How low wattage? Do you need to keep up with drums or not?

$500 is definitely possible for something like an old Fender, but word of warning; there's always the chance you end up need tech work on it unexpectedly. I bought a $250 Fender Bassman years ago thinking I'd won the lottery and ended up spending $400 to repair it after it blew some diodes in the rectifier and took out a tube socket with it. (And while he was in there he did a recap, retube and rebias.)
Quote by Cathbard
Quote by Raijouta
Unless its electronic drums.

BURN THE WITCH!!!!!
Why does it have to be vintage?

Silverface Champ comes to mind, but in general with that budget you're going to be looking at the crappier end of vintage amps. You may be better off with a newer amp.
Quote by Roc8995
Why does it have to be vintage?

Silverface Champ comes to mind, but in general with that budget you're going to be looking at the crappier end of vintage amps. You may be better off with a newer amp.

+1

A Blues Junior comes to mind (perhaps because I have one) and can be found for $300 pretty easily if you're in the US.
Quote by Cathbard
Quote by Raijouta
Unless its electronic drums.

BURN THE WITCH!!!!!
Quote by tubetime86
+1

A Blues Junior comes to mind (perhaps because I have one) and can be found for $300 pretty easily if you're in the US.

The Blues Jr. is a great sounding amp.

A friend of mine has one, and he did a mod to it that really made it sound more like an old Fender.
Squier "VMC" Stratocaster
PRS SE Singlecut
tc electronic polytune
CMAT MODS Signa Drive
Blakemore Effects Deus Ex Machina
DIY gaussmarkov Dr. Boogey
EHX Small Clone
Mooer ShimVerb
DIY Beavis Devolt
T-REX Fuel Tank Chameleon
Ampeg GVT52-112
$500 will get you a beater Champ or Silvertone. If you want good vintage stuff you need to at least double your budget.
ya after doing a bit of research it looks like that the Blues JR is gonna be the best option considering my budget. Thanks for the help everyone
find an Ampeg J-20 Jet. not vintage, but damned if you'll be able to tell.

or an old champ. got my '64 for $350 off another forum classifieds.

but the j-20 sounds just as good and perhaps, more vintagey.
I wondered why the frisbee was getting bigger, then it hit me.