I'd guess this is the proper place to ask this.

I'm looking for a way to get the lead guitar tone found in the radio remix of Weezer's Pink Triangle. It's used for the lead lines during the verses, ("when I start to feel that pull..." "when I think I found that good old fashioned girl...") and the solo.

It sounds almost synth-like in smoothness. I know Rivers used a slide during that period and made liberal use of feedback, but those two things together just aren't getting it, there's gotta be something else. Anyone have any ideas?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uQ6zYkCDeHM
Three Guitars >> Eleven Pedals >> Two Amps
Bandcamp (emo/indie/punk)

Quote by primusfan
> from louisville
> likes ween
> new favorite poster
Quote by ShameofaNation
I'd guess this is the proper place to ask this.

I'm looking for a way to get the lead guitar tone found in the radio remix of Weezer's Pink Triangle. It's used for the lead lines during the verses, ("when I start to feel that pull..." "when I think I found that good old fashioned girl...") and the solo.

It sounds almost synth-like in smoothness. I know Rivers used a slide during that period and made liberal use of feedback, but those two things together just aren't getting it, there's gotta be something else. Anyone have any ideas?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uQ6zYkCDeHM

Sounds like his regular lead tone with a synth line played under it.
Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
^+1

Sounds similar to an ebow though, maybe that could work?
Quote by Cathbard
Quote by Raijouta
Unless its electronic drums.

BURN THE WITCH!!!!!
Also, Rivers likes to add the octave to his lead lines. You could try that as well.
Quote by zgr0826

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
Big muff and a British voiced amp for older Weezer...
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Highway One Telecaster
Dean Evo
Mesa F-50
Laney GH50L
Vox AC30 C2
Ampeg V2
pedals
Quote by LaidBack
Big muff and a British voiced amp for older Weezer...

Thought he used a Boogie Mark I
Quote by zgr0826

Quote by JustRooster
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
Thought he used a Boogie Mark I

Possibly. I just know he used a Marshall at some point. Can't recall when, right now.
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Highway One Telecaster
Dean Evo
Mesa F-50
Laney GH50L
Vox AC30 C2
Ampeg V2
pedals