I've been tabbing here on UG for about 2 years and it's gotten to the point where I'm confident enough in my transcribing abilities that I'm considering running a service. It would be free of charge but I would ask for a donation (size left to customer discretion) after I've delivered on a tabbing request.

Truth be told, I'm really just trying to make some money and this is one of the only unique skills I have. It seems like a good enough idea, but I could use some feedback.

Namely:
1.) Is it moral to run such a service? Making money of other people's songs
2.) Is it legal or moral to ask for a donation after transcribing someone elses work?
3.) Would it be spamming to advertise such a service on UG?

I feel like it takes a lot of skill and time on my part to tab out songs. I'm not going to make anyone pay me, but I could use cash to keep me going. I mean, learning new skills is payment in its own right but I could use some money.

If I were to go ahead with it, I'd probably take requests here on UG and then take donations via GoFundMe.

I've thought about the service in detail and I know what I would provide (what genres of music) and in what time frame. I also have contingency plans for scenarios
in which I can't finish a project in time. I just need this initial feedback from those three questions above before I continue.

Thanks in advance.
I don't think there's anything morally wrong with asking or even charging for transcription services; you're basically giving a large chunk of your free time just as a favor.

However, I don't think you're really going to make much. I mean the whole reason I started transcribing is because I'm too cheap to buy sheet music
There's no reason you couldn't try though.

UG would probably consider it spam, but if you just take the request in the forum and then send it to them via PM or email and suggest a donation there they won't care.

And it's not illegal, I know a couple of people who sell "amateur" sheet music publicly online, so there shouldn't be a problem there.
I'd say go for it if that's what you want to do - but like mentioned it'll be very tricky to make any sort of small business out of this. Even if you get a few clients here and there, something expected like a $20 donation for a 4 hour job (etc) is probably not worth it if you've already got great transcribing skills and won't learn much new of value from the work itself. You'll have to market yourself elsewhere yeah, UG won't be cool with free advertising. You might be able to put it in your profile and that pretty much being it. Nothing wrong with asking money for such a service, making tabs requires skill, knowledge and hours of effort and dedication. Good luck.