Hi guys, me again.

I rarely play my Hellraiser unplugged, seeing how it's an electric, but when I do, I notice a "buzzing" sound. I've played long enough to know this might be intonation. But I was told it might be string gauge. The strings on it are the stock 9's, I believe they were 9's. I have s set of 11's for when my strings get old or snap. Do you think I should replace the strings now just to have the thicker strings for less buzz? Also, the buzzing sound seems to be further up the guitar, almost at the head stock. It doesn't buzz all the time on the strings, only if I'm, say, between the 5th and 11th frets. What do you guys think? Thanks,

PIGI
2014 Ibanez RG8
2013 Schecter Hellraiser
1999 Schecter Revenger 7
2007 LTD 'Monster' F
B.C. Rich KK Warlock
No-Name Acoustic
You mean fretbuzz?

You can mess with the intonation. There should be lots of tutorials on youtube on how to adjust. This is also helpful too:

https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=602241

A certain amount of fretbuzz is normal (and more pronounced when unplugged). Jumping to a higher gage is not necessarily going to fix things - and may make things worse if you are not careful. Going from .9s to .11s is a big jump. Maybe get some .10s first and get yourself used to the thicker strings first. Also, always make sure you stretch your strings before final tune up.
Yeah, my bad, when I said it might be intonation, I meant it might be due to the intonation. I have awful grammar sometimes...I'm actually more used to 10's because I have 10's on my other guitar, but ran out right before I got the Schecter. The guy at GC gave me these strings called Drop Down Tuning strings that are 11's, he suggested them since the Schecter never goes above Drop C. Thanks for the quick reply. Do you think that my guitar is fine, since you said fretbuzz is normal? It's pretty quiet unless I'm listening for it, and I never hear it when I'm plugged in. Should I just ignore it?
2014 Ibanez RG8
2013 Schecter Hellraiser
1999 Schecter Revenger 7
2007 LTD 'Monster' F
B.C. Rich KK Warlock
No-Name Acoustic
Most guitars with low action buzz when unplugged, as long as it's not audible through your amp it's not much of a problem
Quote by crazysam23_Atax
Dressing my steak with cum is just adding more protein to my steak.

Quote by Roc8995
The Hello Kitty Strat is the most metal guitar known to man.
you will have to do a setup for .09's to .11's. truss rod, bridge height, intonation (always last). and such.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
Quote by 'DC fan
Most guitars with low action buzz when unplugged, as long as it's not audible through your amp it's not much of a problem

True, but it will kill sustain a bit.
Guitars:
Davison SG
Line 6 Variax 600
Line 6 JTV 69s
Squier Classic Bibe Telecaster Thinline